How do you feel?

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

How do you feel?

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened in the parking lot of the Vivint Smart Home Arena, where a limousine had just pulled up. The driver opened the door, and out stepped the EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho. Jericho was wearing a pair of jeans and his new "Le Champion – Glamour Shot" t-shirt. He had his bag in his left hand, and the EBWF World Championship draped over his right shoulder. Jericho looked around at the parking lot, grinned and then began to yell.

Chris Jericho: Ladies and gentlemen of Utah... Le Champion has arrived!

The reaction was silence, as the parking lot was empty. But that didn't stop Jericho from thanking the imaginary crowd as he walked towards the arena entrance. As Jericho entered the arena, an EBWF crew member approached him.

Crew Member: Mr. Jericho! Here's a copy of tonight's card, you're in the main event.

Chris Jericho: Obviously.

The crew member handed a piece of paper to Jericho, who looked confused as he read it.

Chris Jericho: Tommaso Ciampa? In the main event? Really? Didn't we fire him.

Crew Member: Not Tommaso Ciampa, sir. Tomohiro Ishii.

Chris Jericho: Bless you! That better not be COVID-19, Nick. Remember... social distancing!

Crew Member: Actually sir, my name's Mike. And I wasn't sneezing, I was saying-

Jericho interrupted him.

Chris Jericho: Nick, I'm not even going to pretend I was listening. I'm going to my locker room now so I can take a shower. Please stay away from me, I've got to stay healthy. EBWF needs me.

Jericho quickly walked away from Mike/Nick, and headed towards his locker room. However before he could enter, he was approached by Cathy Kelley and a cameraman.

Cathy Kelley: Hey Chris! I wanted to ask you a few questions about your match tonight, is now a good time?

Chris Jericho: Actually I really need to take a shower, but whatever... make it quick.

Cathy Kelley turned to fact the camera, then began to speak.

Cathy Kelley: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is the EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho, who goes one on one with Japanese superstar Tomohiro Ishii in our main event. Chris, you've been wrestling for almost thirty years, so it's rare you come up against an opponent for the first time. How are you feeling going into this match?

Chris Jericho: Okay, first of all Cathy, this isn’t the first time I've wrestled Tommaso Ciampa. I've beaten him a bunch of times, just like everyone else on the EBWF roster. Second of all, he's not Japanese, he's from Boston. Get your facts right.

Cathy Kelley: I'm sorry Chris, I think there's been some confusion. You're not wrestling Tommaso Ciampa tonight, you're going up against Tomohiro Ishii.

Chris Jericho: Tamagotchi Ichi?

Cathy Kelley: No, Tomohiro Ishii.

Chris Jericho: Tomorrow Hero Easy? That's not a ring name, that's just three random words.

Cathy Kelley sighed, and spoke slowly.

Cathy Kelley: No Chris... To-mo-hi-ro Ishii. He wrestled in New Japan? He's a five-time NEVER Openweight Champion, he's also worked in Ring of Honor. Come on, I know how much you study professional wrestling... you've got to know who I mean.

Jericho was about to shake his head, when suddenly he realised who Cathy Kelley was talking about. Suddenly his eyes widened, and he could be seen gulping.[/color]

Chris Jericho: Wait a minute... Ishii? The Stone Pitbull? When did he sign for EBWF?

Cathy Kelley: A couple of weeks ago. He beat Pac in his debut last week.

Chris Jericho: We signed X-Pac too? Wow, I really need to start paying more attention. Anyway, Cathy, I might have gotten confused about my opponent, but that’s because it doesn’t really matter who I face. I am Le Champion! The Painmaker, the best in the world and what I do. You're wrong to say that it's rare I face an opponent for the first time, because there are very few professional wrestlers who last as long in this business as I do. Remember who you're talking to... the only 11-time EBWF World Champion. The only EBWF superstar to have been in this company since the day it opened its doors. The man who has wrestled in all around the world, winning championships, earning accolades and stealing hearts everywhere he goes. There is no one in EBWF who deserves the World Title more than I do, Cathy, because I am a class above every other superstar in that locker room. And that includes Tomohiro Ishii. He might be the master of Japanese strong style, but I can adapt to any style of wrestling. In fact, I have evolved my own ring style so much, that every time I step into the ring, it is impossible for my opponent to know what to expect. I can overcome anyone... just ask Aiden English. The last I heard, he was eating his food through a tube.

Jericho laughed, which caused Cathy Kelley to frown.

Cathy Kelley: You really don't regret what you did to him?

Chris Jericho: Nope. Why would I? He had it coming. In fact, I don’t care if he never sets foot in EBWF ever again.

Cathy Kelley: Well, there are rumours that Aiden English will be returning to compete in the King of the Ring tournament, which is due to start next week. How do you feel about that?

Chris Jericho: I. Don't. Care. For the first time in a few years, I won't be competing in the King of the Ring tournament, because I'm the champion. Instead, I'll be sitting back and watching every other EBWF superstar fight for the crown, waiting to see who earns the right to face me for this title.

Jericho held the World Title right in front of Cathy Kelley's face.

Cathy Kelley: Well Chris, if he beats you tonight, maybe Tomohiro Ishii will have earned the right to face you for the World Title. How confident do you feel about beating him?

Jericho started frowning.

Chris Jericho: Stop asking me how I feel, you're not my therapist! This interview is over!

Jericho brushed past Cathy Kelley and stormed into his locker room.