Standards

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Standards

Post by Ashlee »

The scene opened on a balcony of a beautiful hotel room at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. Trish Stratus sat at a small patio table in a light windbreaker jacket. The mountains provided a beautiful scenic backdrop as she sipped a fancy looking drink and adjusted her sunglasses.

Trish Stratus: Tonight on Warfare, I’ll be featured in a match against an EBWF newcomer. I saw her name and it didn’t really ring any bells. I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of her. Tessa Blanchard. Nope, first name, not familiar. Last name… piqued my interest.

I would introduce myself, Tessa, but let’s be honest, sweetheart. I require no introduction. In fact, on the other side of that door, perched on top of my wrestling gear for tonight sits the EBWF Women’s Championship. It’ll be around my waist when I come down to the ring tonight, and you’ll be lucky for a brief glimpse of it as the referee hands it to the timekeeper. But, even without the women’s championship, I still wouldn’t have to give a formal introduction. You know exactly who I am. In fact, you probably have been dreaming about being me most of your life. Everybody wants to be the best. Who could blame you?

So while I confess that I didn’t know who Tessa Blanchard was, your last name did make me do a cursory Google search, and what do you know. Tully’s own daughter. 3rd generation from what I understand, which is really just darling. We’ve already got a few of those running around here. Far more name recognition and far more accomplished, but I’m sure you think you deserve your chance. I can’t say I’m all that hopeful for you. Tully Blanchard was probably the least popular of the Four Horseman, not to mention the least talented. You’d have been better off calling yourself Tessa Noname.

I’m sure you’ll go on and on about your rich family legacy. I’m sure you’ll talk about how much better you are than me, even though you don’t have any evidence. Then I’m going to embarrass you by beating you in the center of the ring, leaving with my championship, and letting you disappear back into mediocrity. Let’s revisit that rich family legacy for a moment. You had a lot to say about it when you faced Becky Lynch a few weeks ago. You called yourself “the Diamond Standard of Women’s Wrestling and wrestling in general…”

Trish chuckled.

Trish Stratus: That’s actually really adorable. It’s super cute that you think that. When the world nearly unanimously agrees that someone is the best female wrestler to ever grace a ring…

Trish pointed to herself.

Trish Stratus: And she’s actually never even heard of you or seen on of your matches… honey. You aren’t the diamond standard of a damn thing.

Now, I know what some might say. I’m being a bit mean. Here’s the deal though, Tessa. I’m not mean. I’m being honest. There’s a misconception about me. That I’m one of the good ones. I’m neither a good guy or a bad guy, Tessa. I just call it like I see it. I just tell the truth. The truth is, you’re posturing about your family name, because otherwise there isn’t a memorable thing about you.

So tonight, when we step in the ring together, I’m going to show you what the real diamond standard of wrestling is. I’m going to show you how ridiculous you actually are. I’m going to listen to the roar of the crowd, while you clamor to prove yourself to them only to be disappointed when you’re beaten by me. That isn’t mean. That’s just the truth. I’ll see you tonight, Tessa. Be ready to see my hand raised.

Trish smirked as the scene faded out.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote