Bro of the Ring

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

Bro of the Ring

Post by Cory »

The scene opened up on Renee Young who stood in front of an EBWF King of the Ring backdrop that was set up backstage. She smiled brightly to the camera.

Renee Young: Good evening EBWF Universe! I'm Renee Young and in just a few hours, we will be live with Warfare, coming to you from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas! Tonight starts the King of the Ring tournament, where we will ultimately crown a King of the Ring and that person will get a shot at the EBWF World Championship! The first round of this tournament is quite unique this year, as 24 wrestlers will be participating. As a result, each match in the first round is a triple-thread match. One of those matches is guaranteed to be a barn burner. In the main event, we have The Rock versus AJ Styles versus my guest at this time. He is making his EBWF debut tonight on Warfare, it's Matt Riddle!

The camera backed up to reveal the long-haired Matt Riddle, a relaxed smile on his features. He was wearing a black and white track jacket and an EBWF snapback on his head. With the most casual move ever, he dipped his cap forward in Renee's direction.

Renee Young: Matt, you have signed with EBWF and before even having your first match, you have been entered into the King of the Ring tournament where you may be able to battle for the opportunity to become EBWF World Champion at Summerslam! But before we get into that, welcome to the EBWF!

Matt Riddle: WHAT'S UP, Renee?! Bro, I am soooo happy to be here in Sin City!

Renee Young: Well we're happy to have you.

Matt Riddle: Thanks, ma'am. I gotta tell you, this is the shot of a lifetime. I'm 34 years old, I'm just getting into my prime, and this is where I want to be. The EBWF, run by one of the craziest dudes in the history of pro-wrestling, Wes I-fuckin-keda. Let me tell you somethin' Renee, he might be a madman but he saw dollar signs when he signed yours truly.

Renee Young: So, tell us a little bit about yourself, Matt.

Matt Riddle: Let's just say that I've got the resume to back up my bravado, bro. You can check me out on Wikipedia if you want to see the chumps I was beating in high school wrestling. For now, what you need to know is that I'm here in the EBWF now, and that means everyone else drops one spot down on the power rankings.

Renee Young: Well tonight you are making your debut in the main event at Warfare, and you've got some stiff competition in your debut match. You face a multi-time former EBWF World Champion AJ Styles, and the People's Champ himself, the Rock.

Matt Riddle: Woooooah, what? I'm fighting that dude from Walking Tall and the Rundown?! Holy shit bro, that's awesome. I gotta tell ya Renee, this day is looking up.

Renee Young: And I'm sure you have a lot of things in common with AJ Styles, right?

Matt Riddle: Uh, wait. Why?

Renee Young: Well... you know. You have similar... hobbies.

Matt's confused face curled into a sly smile as he pointed at Renee with a knowing grin.

Matt Riddle: Ah, yeah. I get what you're driving at. We both have soccer mom hair. Totally. Well, besides that I've got a wrestling and MMA background that both of these guys would be jealous of. It's not a big stretch to think both of these guys are outmatched. Does Rocky have a black belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu? Did AJ Styles have a cage fighting career that that only ended because of my... recreational habits? The answer, Renee, is nah.

Renee Young: With every match a triple threat match, that means everyone will have a unique strategy to win. Being that this is your first match in EBWF, what kind of strategy are you going to use?

Matt Riddle: Do I really look like a guy that has a strategy, Renee? I'll tell you what my plan is. I'm gonna jam to my entrance song, get into that ring, kick my shoes off, and beat Rocky and AJ's asses until neither of them can stand up. I don't know if you've seen me in a fight Renee, but I don't exactly get paid by the hour. One of those dorks is going to eat a knee to the face that I call.... wait for it... the Bro Knee Express.

Matt laughed uproariously at his own joke, putting his hand on Renee's should to brace himself. Renee seemed at an utter loss.

Matt Riddle: In all seriousness, it's pretty cool getting into the ring with a legend like the Rock. I joke around a lot but I used to watch that guy all the time back in the day. I mean, sure he's probably going to blow a pec or some shit tonight, but still. After I pin his shoulders to the mat, I'm definitely going to ask him for an autograph. I mean my kids would love that. They don't know him for wrestling, but they loved him in that tooth fairy movie. AJ Styles, though? That dude has had a great career, and I'm sure that it's still going to be great even after he loses tonight.

Renee Young: AJ Styles is crafty and he's been a world champion here. I wouldn't underestimate him.

Matt Riddle: Don't worry, Missus Young. I don't take anyone for grants. When those shoes come off, I am 100% focused on getting the W. I'm going to suplex AJ Styles into the nosebleeds, and then put Rocky down for the count, and punch my ticket to the next round of the King of the Ring. There's a reason they call me Deep Waters, bro. I've got a tank for days, and not a single guy I've fought has been able to hold up when minutes start piling up. AJ Styles? He's a cool dude but he's getting up there in years. Rocky? That swole piece of beef? He just doesn't have the gas to go the distance. A guy that looks like that is all about short bursts of energy. Once he's used up, he'll be outside the ring gasping for air. These are just facts, Renee. It's like... science.

Renee Young: Well Matt, I'm glad you're here in the EBWF, and best of luck in your match tonight.

Matt flashed the chaka sign on his hand, and with his free hand grabbed the mic in Renee's hand and moved it closer to his mouth.

Matt Riddle: The Bro Knee Express is making a stop in the City of Lights, bros and other bros! Tonight the EBWF Universe gets to see first hand what happens when a real wrestler, rolls into the joint.

Matt winked at the camera.

Matt Riddle: Rocky and AJ, see you in the ring.

With that Matt gave Renee a fist bump and strolled off, leaving Renee to wrap up as the scene flashed an EBWF logo and faded to black.