Respect is a fallacy

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Damian Priest

Respect is a fallacy

Post by Damian Priest »

We open with a man dressed in a suit and tie. He is looking up at someone, where the camera shifts as it's none other than Damian Priest with a smug look on his face, looking down at the man.

"So you see, you must teach me Ishii's finsher. I need to know how devastating his finisher may be so if ..."

Priest begins laughing, something clearly amuses him.

"I can't do it. I can't say it with a straight face. Ishii is a good guy and all but we all know he can't put me away with a brainbuster. It's like trying to lift a mack truck in the air and hoping your body doesn't crumble underneath you."

The man in the suit nods, putting his hands together in a respectful manner.

"Pardon me but I have seen Tomohiro Ishii's brainbuster in person, it's very deadly. He has put away many men wrestling opponents like you."

Raising an eyebrow, not believing it.

"Really? Men like me? Doubtful. Not many men can tower over guys Ishii's size. Not many men can just fling him around the ring like a toothpick. You put a lot of faith in Ishii's ability to pick me up and actually be able to do what so few haven't been able to during my time here in EBWF and that's defeat me. Look, I got nothing against the guy but I just don't get all this respect and admiration for one single person stuff. You people flock around him like if he's some kind of God. Now, may I ask is this in life or is this just pertaining to the wrestling industry?"

The man has a puzzled look on his face.

"Look, no disrespect but I think he can beat you. The Rock did ..."

Just the mention of his most recent loss makes his skin crawl.

"You think? You think he can beat me? As in, you're not sure? Your pride and joy. Your hero ... The man you'd walk on eggshells for in order to give the man any kind of pats on the back for? Are you kidding me? Is this what the world has gone to? False praise and hope for just any human being just because they exist?! I've been in the ring with Tomohiro Ishii before and let me tell you right now, he's no gift, he's no God, he's no anything to me. You know what he is though? Beatable. And anyone that steps into the ring with me that I deem as such doesn't deserve an ounce of respect from me. But, since you are one of his people, you'll be able to send him a message better than I can."

Out of nowhere, Priest decks the guy as he stumbles against the wall. Then Priest throws the guy against a wall as he crumbles down as Priest stands over him.

"You see, Ishii thinks of his countrymen and women as his followers. He thinks very highly of you, stopping for each one of you, signing autographs, taking pictures for free, speaking to family and friends with no strings attached. That's why I can't respect any of you because you don't understand the value of a dollar. I think much differently. I don't believe in free handouts, people should pay to see me and appreciate I am in their presence. None of this humble and wanting to be liked. Is that your problem, Ishii? You want people to like you? You must be one of those people who can't get a good nights sleep knowing someone in the world doesn't care about you. But guess what ... I'll teach you. I'll make you learn what being the Archer of Infamy is all about. If I have to beat sense into you then that's what I'll do. Don't worry about your followers either because they'll eventually turn their backs on you like any other fan. But congratulations on your title win at King of the Ring, I'm sure after I beat you your fans won't think any less of you."

He grabs the overcoat of the knocked out man, dusting it off and puts it on himself.

"Ah yes, this is how a champion should look. I just want you to remember it's not the title that makes the man; it's the man that makes the title and don't you forget that."

Scene fades out as he walks off