Legitimate Fighter

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Legitimate Fighter

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Good luck Chris!

YouTube Exclusive: Post-Warfare Show, 08/10/2020

The scene opened backstage at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum. A few moments earlier, Warfare had ended with Chris Jericho and his right hand man, Jake Hager, being soaked with champagne, courtesy of The Rock. Jericho and Hager had just entered the backstage area, and Chris Jericho was livid. He overturned a table, shoved a crew member against the wall, then screamed at him.

Chris Jericho: Do you know where The Rock is? I'm going to kill him!

Scared Crew Member: I don't think he's here... the video... it came via satellite...

Jericho groaned in frustration, then walked towards the production truck. Hager followed him, but before they reached the parking lot they were stopped by Cathy Kelley.

Chris Jericho: What is it, Cathy? Do you want to ask me how it feels to be covered in one of my favourite drinks, champagne? The bubbly? Because I'll tell you, Cathy... it feels horrible! I feel sticky! I stink! I need a shower! And worst of all... The Rock wasted perfectly good champagne!

Cathy Kelley: Actually, Chris, I wanted to ask a couple of questions to your bodyguard, Jake Hager.

Jericho glared at Cathy Kelley.

Chris Jericho: Did you just call Jake Hager my bodyguard?

Jericho looked at Hager. Both men shook their head, then started laughing.

Chris Jericho: Jake Hager is NOT my bodyguard, Cathy. To call him my bodyguard is demeaning. He is my friend, my protégé, my right hand man. I brought him to EBWF because he is one of the toughest son of a bitches on the planet, and he deserves to be here. I don't need a bodyguard, I'm Chris freakin' Jericho. I think you owe us both an apology, Cathy. Apologise right now, or you'll never get to interview me again.

Cathy sighed, then reluctantly apologised.

Cathy Kelley: I'm sorry. I meant no offence.

Jericho smirked.

Chris Jericho: Apology accepted.

Hager nodded.

Chris Jericho: Now what did you want to ask Jake? I should warn you, he doesn't talk much.

Cathy Kelley: Well Jake, it's just been announced that next week on Warfare, you will be going one on one with the EBWF Breakout Champion, Tomohiro Ishii. How do you feel about taking on the Japanese superstar, who has taken EBWF by storm since his arrival?

Hager turned to Jericho.

Jake Hager: Is Ishii the short guy that likes to headbutt people?

Chris Jericho: That's him.

Hager smiled, then turned back to Cathy.

Jake Hager: Ishii is tough. But I'm tougher. I'm a legitimate fighter.

Cathy Kelley: Well Jake, Ishii did get an impressive victory over Randy Orton earlier tonight.

Hager shrugged.

Jake Hager: So? Randy Orton isn't Jake Hager. Cathy, since I arrived in EBWF, I have beaten up The Rock twice. I defeated Damian Priest in by debut singles match, and just now Chris and I made short work of Grado and Tommaso Ciampa. Ciampa spent 30 seconds in the ring with me, and decided I was too hot for him to handle. Now I know Ishii is a fighter – he won't walk out on me the way Ciampa did – but I am not worried about facing him. He might be the master of strong style, but I am a mixed martial arts fighter. Anything Ishii throws at me, I can handle. And if he tries to headbutt me, I'm going to crack his skull open. Now Cathy, if you'll excuse me, I need to take a shower.

Hager and Jericho walked away from Cathy Kelley as the scene faded.