Legacies

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Legacies

Post by Ashlee »

Legacy. Our legacy is a culmination of our stories, and our stories are what make us most interesting. Trish knew that building her story, and therefore her legacy, was about more than just talking. It was about more than just spewing words from her mouth. It was about even more than wins. Legacy, like integrity, like character, was about what you did when no one was watching.

Facing Becky Lynch at Summerslam would be more about solidifying Trish’s legacy than any other match she’d ever had in her life. She knew that Becky would do everything, say anything, to discredit her. She knew that Becky thought she deserved far more than she actually did. Becky had been saying it since Wrestlemania. She’d been saying that she deserved a shot at the Women’s Championship, and it wasn’t until she became Queen of the Ring that Trish even considered entertaining the idea.

Becky thought just because she won an important match before Wrestlemania that she deserved to be in the women’s main event. She was in fact so emphatic Trish thought she had embarrassed herself. Becky perhaps hadn’t received the memo that that wasn’t at all how things worked in EBWF. Trish had earned her right to be in the match at Wrestlemania. Becky had managed to get lucky in one match and therefore thought she deserved an opportunity on the Grandest Stage of Them All.

Not surprisingly, Becky‘s request was not granted. Mostly because the front office hadn’t wanted to comply, and maybe also because Trish Stratus does not suffer fools. Trish’s chauffeured SUV rolled onto the private tarmac at St. Louis Lambert International Airport. Adam was by her side, and he squeezed her knee as the driver rolled the SUV to a stop. Looming above them was Wes Ikeda’s personal plane, the EBWF logo emblazoned on its tail. The driver exited the vehicle, as Trish clutched her oversized Louis Vuitton Carry-all. Two other airport officials were already at the hatch back retrieving luggage as the driver opened Trish’s door. Adam got out on his side, and Trish stepped out onto the pavement before looking up at the plane once more. Together, she and Adam ascended the roll-away stairs and moved into the fuselage. The plane was outfitted like an apartment in the skies, and Trish envied it a little bit every time she had the personal fortune of flying on it. The flight attendants, employees of Wes, politely informed them that Mr. Ikeda and his guests would be to the front, but there was additional seating in the back.

Adam and Trish moved toward the back, and as they expected, found Randy and Nicole already seated in one quad of chairs. Nicole sat across from Randy facing him, both on the aisle, Nicole with her back to the door and Randy with his back to the wall behind him. Seated beside Randy in the window seat, but not yet buckled in, was Randy and Nicole’s sleepy looking six-year-old, Karlee.

Karlee Orton: Uncle Adam!!

Adam crouched down in the aisle, and Karlee bulldozed him with a hug.

Adam Copeland: Hey K.O. How’s the first week of first grade?

Karlee Orton: Online, but okay!

Adam Copeland: Is Dad a good math teacher?

Karlee nodded, and Adam leaned over to help her back to her seat.

Nicole Orton: He has been very patient. He learned common core math to teach it to her much faster than I did.

Trish watched as Adam tapped Karlee loving on the nose with one index finger.

Adam Copeland: I have no doubt about that. Your daddy isn’t patient about much, but he’s very patient with you.

Karlee Orton: My daddy said I shouldn’t listen to a word you say.

Nicole laughed out loud first, but then all of them were laughing. Karlee had taken Randy’s word as Gospel though so she didn’t see what was so funny. That made Randy laugh a little harder.

Randy Orton: You can always trust Uncle Adam, Karlee. Just not when he tells you stories about me.

Karlee smiled up at Randy, one missing front tooth on top. Adam sat down across the aisle from Randy in another quad of chairs. Trish sat across, facing him, with her back also to the door. She and Nicole exchanged some pleasantries, and the flight attendants came around to get them drinks. Trish tossed her bag into the empty chair beside her, and when the flight attendant came back to deliver their drinks she explained that there were going to be interviews happening at the front of the plane, so they should use the lavatories in the back, and try to avoid having too much fun. She winked at Adam when she said that, and Trish scoffed at that, which made Adam laugh out loud again.

Trish heard a commotion as Wes and Natalie got on board with a gaggle of reporters. It was quickly clear that the flight attendants were trying not to call attention to the EBWF Superstars seated in the back. Once in the air, what seemed like hours into the trip, the reporters were hurling questions at Wes, asking him about EBWF’s plans for the rest of the year, and the Summerslam matches at hand. After a run down of both the Breakout and Gateway Championship matches, Trish finally heard her name.

Reporter: One of the most hotly built, and anticipated matches of tonight is the Women’s Championship match between challenger Becky Lynch and the EBWF Women’s Champion, Trish Stratus. What are your thoughts on what is sure to be an instant Summerslam classic?

Wes Ikeda: I think calling it an instant Summerslam classic probably describes it perfectly, and it hasn’t even happened yet. I think Trish would be foolish to take Becky lightly. The entire buildup has seemed pretty evenly matched. It’s anyone’s victory.

Reporter: Becky has been after the championship for close to six months. Do you think that gives her an edge?

Wes Ikeda: Maybe. There’s also the other option that it has her too much into her own head. I don’t know. I can’t really get in Becky’s head to know. I do know that Becky runs her mouth a lot, and that kind of overshadows her great wrestling ability. She’s so over the top.

Reporter: That does make her a compelling character.

Wes Ikeda: I suppose. But I don’t know if it’s warmed the crowd up to her or not. Becky is the hottest commodity the EBWF has in its Women’s Division. I’m not sure if she’s come into her own though. I’m not sure if she’s endeared the crowd to her either. I think no matter what happens tonight the crowd in the Staples Center is most likely going to be behind Trish. It’s hard to compete with a legend.

Reporter: Do you think the crowd being behind Trish gives the champ the upper hand?

Wes Ikeda: It does become a bit of a handicap match once the crowd is in your corner though. I can’t say I like Becky’s chances with that. There are multiple women’s championships ahead for Becky. The questions is whether or not those reigns begin at Summerslam.

Reporter: And you’re betting they’re not happening at Trish’s expense.

Wes Ikeda: I mean, I don’t take sides. It’d be unfair if I did.

Reporter: Sounds like you want Trish to win.

Wes Ikeda: Okay, look, here’s what I know about Trish. The fans love her. She’s very consistent. She’s been a headliner in our division for years. She’s very, very sour about Zahra Schreiber breaking her record for longest reigning Women’s Championship, and she’s got her sights set on breaking the record and holding it again. I don’t think Trish is going to let a Summerslam match stand in her way.

The animosity between Trish and Becky has gotten pretty bad, and I’m not sure that Becky has been tested like that. This is a really important match. It has to be won, and Trish has a lot of experience when the chips are down. Maybe the lights and the opportunity go to Becky’s head, and that’s just the kind of environment that Trish thrives in. I think Trish has a lot of good matches left in her, and if she retains the title she’s going to continue to perform at a high level.

Becky has had a lot to say, and will continue to have a lot to say, and I don’t think that’s a good way to prepare for Trish Stratus. I also don’t like that she thinks she can walk around EBWF demanding title matches. In my company? I don’t know if that’s how things work where she came from, but she obviously doesn’t have a lot of experience around here.

Reporter: She did win several matches on her way to becoming Queen of the Ring?

Wes Ikeda: She did, that’s true. But again, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Some of her best matches have been overshadowed by her inflated sense of importance, and I fear that she’s ruining her own great matches because of it. No one talks about Becky’s wins. No one even really talks about how great her matches are. They just talk about the latest thing she and her little hanger on have said. Or who they’ve attacked this week.

Reporter: Did you just call Winter a hanger-on?

Wes Ikeda: Okay, so even I have my biases. Winter attacked my wife. After having contributed very little to the Women’s Locker Room, she decided to get involved and make things personal by attacking Trish’s friends? That Becky would even allow that to happen kind of proves both of their characters’. Trish Stratus doesn’t play games, and that seems to be all Becky wants to do.

Reporter: Is that why Trish didn’t show up to the contract signing?

Wes Ikeda: Because she was playing her own mind game? Maybe. Someone would have to ask her. I know what I would do in that position. Becky had proven over and over that she was playing dirty, and Trish wasn’t there for it. It’s obvious to me that Trish is focused on the match, and she didn’t want to spend the week recovering from another senseless attack.

They don’t call her the Quintessential Diva for nothing. Trish is a living legend. The world knows that. The business and our fans are going to be talking about
Trish’s victories for years to come, long after we’re all gone, I know that much. What are they going to be remembering Becky for? The adorable way she says ‘fookin’ when she’s angry? The way she bullies her way to victories?

Wes shrugged.

Wes Ikeda: Look, it’s like I said. Becky Lynch is going to have title reigns here in EBWF. I’ve no doubt about it. But I never count out Trish. And I’m not going to stop now. Natalie and I have first hand knowledge of how Trish is feeling, and she isn’t in any mood to be embarrassed by Becky Lynch.

Reporter: You’re saying Trish would be embarrassed if Becky Lynch defeated her at Summerslam.

Wes Ikeda: I’m saying that Trish would be embarrassed if she lost to anyone, let alone someone who has attacked her repeatedly, and attacked Natalie, whom she considers family. I also know that Trish would be embarrassed if she lost to Becky because Trish believes she’s the superior wrestler, and I’m inclined to agree with her.

Reporter: We can quote that? You think Trish Stratus is a better wrestler than Becky Lynch.

Wes Ikeda: You’re damn right I do.

Reporter: I thought you said you didn’t take sides?

Wes Ikeda: I’m entitled to preferences. If Becky were to win then we’d find a way to work with her. The real question is would she be willing to work with us. I’m not so sure. She’s made it pretty clear that except for Winter, she’s content to go it alone. Which means she probably won’t be the world’s greatest spokesperson for EBWF. And I’m not exactly inclined to have to work with someone like that, but I won’t have my professionalism called into question either. I can be perfectly professional if Becky is able to pull it off against Trish on Sunday. I’m just saying I’d be surprised if she did. I’d be mildly disappointed if she did, because I think this title reign is just another chapter in the long storied history of Trish Stratus, and if Becky were to defeat her now, she’d just end up having a short lived, forgettable title reign.

EBWF is about to celebrate it’s 19th year with Fanniversary. Wrestlemania 20 is just 6 months away, do we truly think that Becky Lynch is going to lend herself to that kind of climate? Trish knows what’s at stake here, and she isn’t about to let it slip through her fingers. The next six months are our Superstars’ time to shine, and Trish isn’t intent to let that slip away. Becky doesn’t want to play the game. We can tell that just by the way she talks. Do I prefer people who like to play the game? Who like to be the center of attention? Of course I do. It makes my job easier. Trish wants to be that person, and it suits me just fine. Trish is the woman for this job, and I think she’s going to rise to the occasion.

Becky doesn’t want anything other than the championship. Trish wants her cake and to eat it too. Trish wants the championship, and her name on t-shirts, and her face on everything. She wants to sign autographs for the fans and do photo shoots. Trish is a consummate professional. She’s also hit some of the best Chick Kicks and Sharpshooter submissions I’ve ever seen, and as long as she stays out of the Dis-Arm-Her at Summerslam, she’s going to get every opportunity to continue her reign as the most prolific women’s wrestler of all time.

Reporter: So, when I said it sounded like you wanted Trish to win. You didn’t actually... deny that...

Trish heard Wes chuckle.

Wes Ikeda: Oh, come now. Don’t we have a main event to talk about?

Trish grinned to herself as the reporter changed their line of questioning. She sat back in her chair, and looked up at Adam. Adam winked at her, having overheard the whole interviewer. Yes, embracing your legacy, telling your story, it was about a lot more than just talking. In fact, when you reached a certain legendary status, someone else might just do all the talking for you.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote