Saving Face

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Sam L

Saving Face

Post by Sam L »

The scene opened up within the backstage confines of the AT&T Center. As the cameraman approached the women's locker room, the sounds of two seemingly irritated voices bickering back and forth could be heard from within.

???: Just you wait until I get my hands on that Trish Stratus! I'll... I'll...

???: Relax, P-Chan. We have to think about this carefully. We could march straight down to her locker room and cause a scene right now, but what good would that do either of us!?

???: It'll show her that no matter how long she's been in the business, no matter how many championship titles she has to her name, and no matter how many friends she has in high places, her actions still have consequences!

The cameraman gave a hesitant knock on the door before the voices grew quieter.

???: Someone's at the door! Be on your best behaviour and let me do the talking, okay?

Within a matter of seconds the door swung open, revealing both Tam Nakano and her partner-in-crime, P-Chan, standing at the entryway with an obviously forced grin.

Tam Nakano: Kon'nichiwa! How can I help you?

Cameraman: I wasn't interrupting anything just now, was I?

Tam Nakano: No, no, of course not. P-Chan and I were just discussing strategy for tonight. Please, come in!

Tam lead the cameraman into the locker room before discreetly bickering with P-Chan again, only stopping when the camera faced them once more.

Cameraman: I just wondered if you guys had any thoughts on what happened last week on Warfare.

Tam Nakano: Thoughts? Last week? I have no idea what you're talking about!

Tam offered a nervous laugh before P-Chan rudely interrupted.

P-Chan: He's talking about when that sabotaging ninconpoop, Trish Stratus, thought she'd get involved with matters that don't concern her and ultimately cost us the match! Why I oughta...

Before P-Chan could finish his sentence, Tam swiped at his ear.

P-Chan: Ouch! What was that for!?

A long sigh escaped her lips as she bowed her head briefly, before turning her attention towards the camera once more.

Tam Nakano: The events that transpired last week was bound to happen at some point. I mean, when a new potential challenger breaks out into the scene in a dominating fashion, of course she's gonna capture the attention of the woman sitting at the top of the pecking order. I wasn't going to be undefeated forever, and last week Trish Stratus made sure of that when I faced Raquel Diaz in a losing effort. You see, Trish isn't stupid. When she sees me, she sees someone who is well equipped to take that EBWF Women's Championship away from her, and she thought she'd nip it in the bud while she still has time. You might have won this battle, Trish, but the war is far from over.

Cameraman: Tonight you're scheduled to face Leva Bates in singles action. Is it safe to say you'll be keeping an eye out for any interferences from our Women's Champion?

Tam Nakano: I have no doubt Trish will try something tonight, but I'm not falling for the same trick twice in a row. In fact, Trish can take up a seat at commentary for all I care! Either way, I'll be the one leaving the ring with my arm raised in victory, while Trish sits there, looking the woman who's bound to take the Women's Championship from her at the Royal Rumble straight in the eye. Sadly for you, Leva? That means you're nothing more than collateral damage. I hate to stand here and say all the things I'm going to do to a fellow aspiring women's wrestler, so I'll keep it short and sweet instead. Tonight, P-Chan and I will right the wrong that occurred last week. We're going to march right down to that ring, we're going beat Leva Bates, and then we're right back on course to fullfilling our ultimate goal - becoming EBWF Women's Champion.

With a fiercely determined glint in her eye, Tam waved the camera goodbye before closing the locker room door shut once more.