Breaking News: Former EBWF World Champion Injured at the Royal Rumble

Tony S

Breaking News: Former EBWF World Champion Injured at the Royal Rumble

Post by Tony S »

Former EBWF World Champion Injured at the Royal Rumble
By Dave Scherer on 2018-02-03
pwinsider.com

EBWF has confirmed, former EBWF World Champion PJ Black suffered a Torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament(ACL) last Sunday at the Royal Rumble. The injury was said to have occurred at the end of the 2018 Royal Rumble match. During the match, PJ Black scaled the turnbuckle when met by Kenny Omega. The two exchanged blows which lead to Black slipping off the top rope onto the apron. At first glance, the way Black landed didn't look out of the ordinary, but it is here where the former champion said he heard "a pop".
It all happened so fast. I was up on the top rope, the crowd was going wild. The next thing I remember was hitting the apron. That's when I felt, and heard a pop.
At a crucial part of the year, PJ Black is expected to be out of action for 6-8 months. This means the former EBWF World Champion will miss this years WrestleMania. Which leaves EBWF scrambling to revise their WrestleMania XVII plans.

Check back as we get more details.
EBWF World Champion (PJB x2)(TE x1), EBWF Intercontinental Champion (PJB x1),
EBWF Path to Glory Champion (PJB x2)(CS x1), EBWF Tag-Team Champion (Corre x1)(CJP x1)(BR x1)(SDS x1),
EBWF Women's Champion (AB x1), EBWF Women's Royal Rumble (AB 2016, 2018)