A Lashing for Lashley

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

A Lashing for Lashley

Post by Billy »

((I had fully intended to use real names in the opening section but I worried about confusing everyone.))

----------------------------------------------------
Chicago, Illinois
Friday May 3rd
Off Camera

Aiden English was sitting on the couch half awake watching highlights from his first year in EBWF. His had his head leaned back against the top of the couch as he tapped his foot on the hardwood floor. Raquel entered in from the kitchen and glanced at the television before rubbing her husband’s shoulders and kissing his forehead. Aiden picked up the remote and paused the highlights. He craned his neck back to see his wife more completely.

Aiden English: You think it’s all over for me in EBWF? Am I stuck in the midcard defending the Gateway title until the next golden boy comes along and takes it off me on his way to the main event?

Raquel Diaz: You’ve got to get over creative choosing to keep the belt on Miz. You’re still getting paychecks, you’re still a champion! Look at me, I’m not taking my short reign as a slight against my talent or the company’s appreciation of me.

Aiden English: I know you’re right, but this is the same thing that happened with Vince and the transition to WWE from NXT. We were champions, booked strong on a consistent basis and then one day Vince decides we’ve gone as far as we could go and the rest is history.

Raquel Diaz: Honey, we’ve had some time to get to know Wes and everyone else in EBWF. I think if you’d reached the end of the road we would know by now. Someone would have made an effort to make it clear that you’ve reached the end of your potential.

Aiden English: Maybe. I still can’t shake the feeling that maybe I’m not the right man to carry a company. Maybe, I don’t have it in me to be the top guy here just like Vince said about me.

Raquel Diaz: Fuck that entire family! You’ve proven that you’re a bigger draw than half of McMahon’s hand picked superstars. You’ve shown the world that WWE was holding you back from reaching your true potential.

Aiden English: No arguments on that one!

Raquel Diaz: I’m sure that creative has plans for Miz and the title. Probably paying off the story between him and Legion that fizzled when Havoc left abruptly. It’s not the time to feel defeated because you lost, it’s the time to feel honored because you were in the Main Event of Wrestlemania after less than a year with the company! Since joining the EBWF you’ve been chosen as the Breakout Champion and the Gateway Champion. You’ve defended the Gateway titles at countless house shows and put more fans in the seats than anyone back at WWE would ever want to admit. Hell, Wes likes you so much he let you drop the Breakout Title without taking a loss. It’s time to count our blessings baby! It’s time to get back in the ring, get back to doing what you do best. Your time at the top is coming, and no one can stop that!

Raquel went in to kiss Aiden’s forehead again but he pulled her over the couch. After letting out a surprised gasp the two laughed and kissed.

Aiden English: You always know the right thing to say. Let’s start putting something together for my match with Lashley on Warfare. The internet is probably dying to get a taste of Aiden English.

Raquel Diaz: Let’s give them a story they will never forget!

Sunday May 5th
EBWF.net Exclusive Video

The video opened with Aiden English sitting against bright red lockers in a dressing room. He had his wrestling gear on, sweat pouring from his head. He was staring at his feet, tapping them to some unheard beat. The camera zoomed in tighter on his upper torso and head as he wiped the beads of sweat from his forehead. He took a long deep breath before looking into the camera.

Aiden English: I’ve been dreading this moment for weeks and it’s rapidly approaching. Monday night I’m going to have to face one of the biggest challenges of my EBWF career. Warfare has the potential to be one of the most heartbreaking experiences of my entire lifetime. To say that I’m feeling an overwhelming sense of fear would be a complete understatement.

Aiden took another deep breath, his lips curling at the corners to form that classic devilish Aiden grin.

Aiden English: Maybe you’re sitting at home watching this, confused about my trepidation. One or two of you may have gotten the wrong idea. I’m not worried about Bobby Lashley. I have no fear for a man who needs a runt like Lio Rush to do all his talking. No, Monday I’m going to teach the Almighty One a lesson in humility that’s honestly long overdue. I’m going to impart on him the same wisdom I gained by walking into Wrestlemania as one of EBWF’s fastest rising stars and walking out somewhat empty handed.

Aiden dug into a duffle bag next to him and pulled out the EBWF Gateway Title. He held it up to the camera before laying it over his shoulder.

Aiden English: Not completely empty handed, because I’m still the Gateway Champion. I still have a guaranteed shot at the Miz’s title, a shot that I’m going to cash in on in a big way. Sooner or later. And, next time won’t be the same because I learn from my mistakes. I’ve learned from letting the Miz get under my skin. I’ve learned to strike a balance between my two sides. To apply more force when it’s required.

The camera panned to stay on Aiden as he slid forward and stood up. He picked up a towel from a bench on his way up and wiped away the sweat on his head and neck.

Aiden English: That loss to the Miz is in the past. Sure, I take the lessons with me into the future but I’m moving on. I’m more focused. I’m more determined. I’m more hungry than I have ever been. Thankfully, Wes is finally serving me a meal worth coming to the table for. For months I’ve been here, in the arenas too small for television. At house show after house show I’ve done the same song and dance Dalton Castle did while he was holding this belt. I’ve been the gatekeeper of EWBF. I’ve defended this title more times than I care to count against every imaginable style of wrestler of every shape and size. I’ve held onto it against those small but lightning quick high flyers. I’ve held onto it against technical wrestlers still holding onto N C double A trophies. Most importantly for this week, I’ve held onto it against genetic freaks with more muscle mass than gray matter.

Aiden tossed the rag to the side, rolled the title off his shoulder and let it hang at his side. The camera panned back out to a wide shot.

Aiden English: Bobby isn’t a mystery to me, he’s just more of the same. Juiced up and roid raging around the arena like everyone that shares his body shape. Sure, he’s big. Maybe he’s strong. His vocabulary is stunningly vast… Compared to his study buddy Holly! The truth is, the two of them barely have enough words between them to form a complete sentence. For real! Listening to these two talk is like listening to Groot and Hodor have a spirited debate.

Aiden laughed slightly, his grin breaking into a full smile for a heartbeat before he got it under control and scrunched his face into a grimace.

Aiden English: Watching Lashley’s work in the ring is twice as hard. He’s worked so hard to memorize his six words, three muscle poses and one entrance timing that he only has the mental capacity left for a handful of moves. Scouting this guy is an exercise in attention span and perseverance. You can play along at home Monday night by recording Warfare and seeing how many times you watch his clothesline and suplex before you’re so thoroughly uninterested you’d rather watch Baby Shark for the sixteenth time with your preschooler.

Aiden sighed.

Aiden English: Bobby Lashley likes to think of himself as the Daddy Shark of EBWF. The biggest and strongest fish in the great wide ocean of wrestling. If he’s right, then I’m happy to go out to that ring Monday and face him because I’m tired of defending my title against all these big fish in the little indy ponds. This title is the bait on my hook. The trap is set and Monday I’m going to show the world that Aiden English still gets it done! Boston hasn’t seen a massacre like the one that’s coming on Warfare since the British still ruled the new world!

Aiden pushed past the camera, forcing a slightly blurry close up on the Gateway title. The video ended with the sound of a door swinging open and then slamming shut.

Boston, Massachusetts
Monday May 6th
Facebook Live, moments before Warfare.

The scene opened with a black SUV pulling into the parking area behind TD Garden. The vehicle came to an abrupt stop and the back door popped open. Aiden English stepped out of the vehicle in bleached white denim pants and a matching vest with a plain black shirt on under it. He turned and held his hand out to the interior of the vehicle, helping his wife and manager out of the vehicle. She was wearing a similar outfit of black denim but one much tighter fitting than Aiden’s and a pair of dark tinted sunglasses. Renee Young entered from the right side of the screen as Aiden hauled a couple of bags out of the trunk of their ride.

Renee Young: Aiden, Raquel. Do you mind if I pull you aside for a couple of questions real quick?

Raquel was clearly annoyed by Renee’s presence. She pulled the sun glasses from her face and tilted her head.

Raquel Diaz: You need a couple of questions with us? My husband has a title defense tonight, we have more important things to deal with than interviews the moment we arrive to the arena.

Renee Young: I apologize Raquel, I was hoping you would be here earlier so I wasn’t asking for a moment so close to the sh..

Raquel Diaz: Let me stop you miss Young. Maybe my recent pleasantries have lead you to believe we’re on a first name basis. We’re not. And no, we don’t have time to spare to answer a couple of your questions. Aiden, give them the keynotes!

Aiden stepped around to center of the frame and set the bags down between Renee and Raquel. He looked back and forth between them. The tension between the two women was palpable.

Aiden English: I haven’t been on EBWF television since I lost to the Miz at Wrestlemania. I needed time away from the limelight to gather my thoughts, renew my dedication and make a few important life choices. I watched from home last week as Bobby Lashley secured a shot at MY Gateway Title. It must be my curse in life to have to constantly beat up men whose parents hated them enough to call them Bob. I’m not worried about Lashley, he’s not a threat to me. I’m even less worried about Lio Rush. I’ve got Raquel in my corner to handle that kind of light work.

Aiden smiled at his wife and she broke away from scowling at Renee long enough to give one back. Renee took this momentary silence as an opportunity.

Renee Young: What about Hardc…

Raquel Diaz: He wasn’t finished. That question is as predictable as all the others he just hammered out. Hit her with the gospel.

Aiden English: I’ve beaten Holly more times than HE can count. So yeah I bet he holds some hatred for me. Maybe he’ll try and act on that and help Lashley win the Gateway Championship. It’s in his best interest and Bobby’s that he stays in the back. Tonight, I’m going to beat Lashley and retain my title. If Hardcore shows up at ringside, I’m going to knock loose his remaining six teeth and show him a side of Aiden English he doesn’t want returning to in ring action.

Raquel grabbed Aiden’s arm and pulled him close, kissing his shoulder and coyly smiling at Renee from behind his arm.

Raquel Diaz: If you have any more questions you can ask them after the match if I’m still feeling the euphoria of victory. Now, move along so my husband can get ready in peace.

Raquel motioned Renee away with a flick of the wrist. Renee, threw up her hands to the camera and walked away from the couple. Aiden leaned down to pick up the bags and Raquel whispered something in his ear. When he stood back up there was a wicked grin on his face. He glanced around and motioned to the right. Raquel turned and walked in that direction with Aiden quickly behind her. The camera panned to follow them as they walked down the hall. Just before the video ended Raquel glanced back at it and flashed a wicked grin of her own.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*