Proving Grounds - Tay Conti

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Proving Grounds - Tay Conti

Post by Billy »

Matt Striker and Tay Conti were sitting opposite of one another on a dressed set. The two large chairs were a deep cherry wood with deep red upholstery. Striker was leaned slightly forward but Tay was relaxed against the back. Her shiny silver dress was ankle length, billowing at the bottom to reveal strappy black shoes.

Matt Striker: Tay, let me be the first person to welcome you to the EBWF.

Tay Conti: Second actually!

Matt Striker: Really, who beat me to the punch?

Tay Conti: It was Jim Ross. He’s the one who called to let me know that my contract was approved by management.

Matt Striker: That makes sense. He does a lot of the foot work to get talent in the doors here at EBWF.

Tay Conti: Well, he scouted me and now I’m going to make my debut in this years Royal Rumble!

Matt Striker: I’ve seen your work. He did a good job of finding new talent for the Royal Rumble.

Tay Conti: With any luck, it wont be just for the Royal Rumble. I’ve got a shot to come out on top and guarantee myself a future title shot at the EBWF Women’s Championship! How many people have that opportunity in their debut match?

Matt Striker: Not many!

Tay Conti: Exactly! So, I’ve got to do my best to make the most of that chance I’ve been given. I’ve got to prove that Mr. Ross still has his fingers on the pulse of the industry!

Matt Striker: Speaking of doing the best with what you’ve been given. You’ve drawn number thirteen in the Rumble. While some may look at that and see an unlucky number, you’ve got to be thinking that it only leaves two women entering the Rumble after you!

Tay Conti: Absolutely! I know that thirteen carries a stigma with it. That’s why you don’t see a thirteenth floor in a lot of buildings. And I have that in the back of my head. What if I’ve been cursed to fail before the match even gets going. What if that number really turns out to be unlucky number thirteen? But, I’ve got to be thinking about the order and how fresh that makes me come the end of the match! No matter how many women are left when I get to the ring, they are all going to have more wear and tear on them than I will. I’m going to come in fresh at the tail end of the match. Surely that has to count for something!

Matt Striker: Those two women who are entering the Royal Rumble are Becky Lynch and Raquel Diaz. Diaz is a former EBWF Women’s Champion, having won the 2019 Women’s Royal Rumble, and Becky Lynch is the self-titled Real Women’s Champion. Do you have a game plan for dealing with the two women who enter after you?

Tay Conti: Yeah! It’s good old fashioned in ring work. I know that I’m going to have to give my best against any of the women in this match. You look at Becky Lynch and you see a brawler with a killer arm bar, but her arm bar counts for nothing in a Royal Rumble match! Raquel Diaz is a great power wrestler who hits devastating versions of her families’ greatest moves. And that three amigos is a killer threat! But, she goes for a frog splash and it’s going to take nothing to toss her over that top rope!

Matt Striker: You can’t count out the twelve women who enter the Rumble before you. Anyone in particular that you have your eye on?

Tay Conti: You’ve got some absolute legends in Torrie Wilson and Natalya. Those two could be the cornerstones of any women’s division in the wrestling industry! You’ve got new up and coming greats like Leva Bates and Britt Baker! Two women who look to be a part of the bright future of women’s wrestling! And that’s not counting out current mega stars like Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. They’ve made an impact on this industry that can’t be discounted.

Matt Striker: And you’re going to have to work through all of them and the rest of the fourteen other women in the Women’s Royal Rumble if you want to compete for the EBWF Women’s Championship at Wrestlemania!

Tay Conti: Yes. And I’m planning on doing just that. With a little luck and all my skill, I’m going to be around the EBWF for a very, very long time!

Matt Striker: I want to thank you for sitting with me today, and once again congratulate you on your entry into the Royal Rumble.

Tay Conti: Thank you Matt.

The scene ended with Tay smiling at the camera.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*