You can't teach an old dog...

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
TheDynasty

You can't teach an old dog...

Post by TheDynasty »

Alex Marvez was standing in front of The Dynasty’s locker room with Maxwell Jacob Friedman.

Alex Marvez: I’m here with the ever-charming MJF, who is due to face Christian in the Breakout Tournament final, with the winner getting a shot at King Xavier’s championship at Fallout. Maxwell, are you concerned that Christian may get his title rematch by defeating you here tonight?

MJF: The short answer is no. I’ve lost count of the amount of title shots that have been given to Christian since I got here. Now, maybe that’s down to politicking, I don’t know. It could just as easily be because the management are still nostalgic for what Captain Charisma did back when I was in kindergarten, or just straight up pity for a broken-down old man. What I do know is that Christian has failed time and time again since he lost that title belt. I’ve heard of throwing a dog a bone, but at this point they’ve basically tossed an entire skeleton his way.

You know who hasn’t been thrown one of those bones, Alex? You know who hasn’t been given a title shot until this very moment, despite being undefeated in singles competition and despite leading the most destructive faction in this year’s Last Survivor match? You’re looking at him. A superstar, no, a wrestler, at the pinnacle of his career. I’ve got the look of a champion. I’ve got the ability of a champion. I’ve got the charisma of a champion. And what has Christian got? Some VHS cassettes of his career highlights. Yet here I am, not with my first title shot, but with my first shot at a title shot. How is that fair, Marvez?

Alex Marvez: Well Christian was the Breakout champion…

MJF: Was. He WAS the breakout champion. Then he had his rematch, and he lost again. And here he is again, going for the same title. If, no, when I beat him tonight, will that be the end of it? Or will he get the Fallout title shot anyway? Maybe he’ll get his 53rd title rematch after Fallout with whichever one of us wins that match? When does it end, Alex? Now Christian, I know you’re scared to face me, but I don’t want you getting any of your little coalition buddies involved in this match, CC. No G.O.D., no Leva Bates, no Rey Mysterio…

Alex Marvez: Erm, none of those people are in the coalition.

MJF: Really? So who is in the coalition? Does anybody know, or care? Christian, whoever you’ve got in your little J.O.B. Squad, leave them backstage. Have the balls to come to the ring and lose like a real man, and after I lock you in the Salt of the Earth and make you cry uncle, do the decent thing and WAIT YOUR GODDAMN TURN BEFORE CUTTING THE LINE AGAIN. This roster may not be the most impressive. The average age maybe somewhere around a half-century, but there are still other wrestlers that deserve their first shot at a belt before you have your millionth. Hell, I can think of 4 in particular that all deserve a shot before you come crawling back for more, I mean, if you can even crawl after I’ve wrenched your arm out of its socket. Prepare to lose Christian, because I’m better than you…and you know it.

MJF left Alex Marvez and entered the locker room, as the camera followed him. The other members of the Dynasty were spread around the room. Ace Austin was playing solitaire, KC and Alex Kane were watching TV, and Richard Holliday walked over to MJF.

Richard: Max! I’m glad you’re here. I just wanted to let you know that your birthday present is on the way to the arena as we speak. I know your birthday isn’t until tomorrow, but I just can’t wait to see the look on your face.

The camera faded to black.