Scars.

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Juan Ramirez

Scars.

Post by Juan Ramirez »

EBWF.NET EXCLUSIVE

The scene opened inside RPG Vice's locker room, where Rocky Romero and Trent sat side by side. Trent looked pensive, Rocky chose mouth something out.

Rocky Romero: You good? That was one hell of a showing last week!

Trent nodded.

Trent: Hellish. That's a great way to put it man. Sometimes I wonder if I choked on my tongue back in that ring and I'm kist dreaming.

Rocky Romero:Estoy estuvo cabrón! (That was fucking baddass!) I'm beginning to think you might actually have a shot at becoming King of the Ring.

Trent ran a hand over his short hair, looking up as if trying to come up with an answer. He chuckled a and looked at Rocky.

Trent: You just realized that?

Trent seemed slightly offended and scoffed.

Rocky Romero:Well, I've never been in EBWF before... I didn't know what to expect. Competition here is fierce! It was looking pretty steep against Randy Orton, one of the all time greats... But in the end, you managed to get it.

Trent: That's the thing, Rocky. Very few people have stopped and considered I am one of the EBWF's all time greats... And that bothers me.

Rocky Romero: Well, maybe that's the key to winning this hole thing... If everyone thinks you've got no business here, imagine the look on their faces when they open their eyes and the firs thing they see is the ceiling of the arena. It'll all be over by then. Maybe it shouldn't bother you!

Trent: Story of my life, Rocky. Can't say the same about my next opponent, Hook.

Rocky Romero: Taz's boy? Kid's got potential.

Trent: Yeah, potential can only get you so far... I've been on that end of the spectrum against countless opponents, Rock. Starting isn't easy, specially from the very bottom of the pyramid. See Rock, I was brought here to EBWF by Matt Cardona... I was a stooge, I was a comedy act, a video game obsessed young kid who couldn't cut it in Connecticut was somehow brought along for skits and giggles... I heard no one giggle when I pinned John Cena and Brian Danielson for the tag titles. The rest is history. Rock, you know this because you've also had to build your path, create your legacy from scraps.

Rocky nodded.

Trent: This might sound like I'm beating and old drum, Rock. But my mother is a school teacher, my father is a stay at home dad, he isn't a wrestling commentator, a manager or an ECW original... I didn't get my first contract because of them and sure as hell I won't be getting my throne because of the last name they gave me. I used my fists, I used my heart and I used my countless failures. You know how many times I ended up nearly choking on one of my teeth after a super kick, a punt to the head or a codebreaker! You stood by my side when we clawed our way to the IWGP Jr tag team championships, and you're standing by my side as I work my ass to to become King of the Ring and the next EBWF World Champion.

Rocky listened attentively.

Trent: You said the kid's good. And Hook is good. He might be even better than his father... But it took me more than ten years to get to where I am right now, it took me sleepless nights, it took me endless playbacks of matches I lost, it took me tears, it took me battles against the mirror, doubting my ability, doubting my self-esteem... My future shrouded in gray clouds. All those moments molded me and shaped me into who I am today. You were there to pick me up whenever I was in doubt, weren't you?

He looked over at Rocky.

Trent: Every single scar reminds me why I am where I am today. How long has Hook been around... A couple of years, tops? He is a gifted technician, yes. He is charismatic, yes... He has hair... Yes...Weirdly perfect hair that doesn't seem to move while he wrestles, we've all seen it, we're all jealous of it, let's get that off our chests. But let's be real Rocky...

Rocky Romero: Sho and Yoh have better hair?

Trent: Yes, but also... Ability can only get you so far in this business. Career defining moments are needed. Losses are very much needed. Chinks in your armor. Battle scars... Hook doesn't have any of that. Hook was given everything he dreamed about in a silver platter, and somehow he thinks his momentum and recent victory against last year's winner will give him the upper hand during our match. That's gonna be his demise, Rock. When that bell rings he's going to be trapped between the ropes with me, a hungrier, more experienced and more vicious wrestler than he is, today. I'm pretty sure Hook's time will come... Just not this year, not during this tournament, not while matching up against me....

Trent ran a hand along his chin.

Trent: See, I respect Taz. I also respect Hook, God bless his perfect hair. I just think he's not cut for the throne yet... Heavy is the head that wears the crown... Heavy and also...

Rocky Romero: It messes with your hair?

Trent: Touché. In all seriousness, I'm sure Hook will make a great King of The Ring, a World Champion and why not... A Wrestlemania main event someday... Just not in the immediate future. The throne, the World Title and the Wrestlemania main event are currently on my sights... If Hooks wants to take a shot at any of those, he's going to have to release his daddy's hand, be his own man and go in that ring with me, a true survivor, a man who built himself from the very bottom. Tonight I take one step closer towards the throne that has eluded me for over a decade, tonight I show the world what I am made of... Again. I doubt there's any living, breathing person who still doubts my skills, my motivation but most of it all... My fate being sealed the moment my name was inked on my EBWF contract. Now, if you excuse me... I have some semifinals to qualify for... And some perfect hair to ruffle up with a good ole knee to the face.

Trent stood up and headed out of the locker room as the scene faded to black.