The Handout Match

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Brock Anderson

The Handout Match

Post by Brock Anderson »

The scene slowly fades in, clapping can be heard before revealing the Breakout champion, Brock Anderson. He stands backstage, smugly standing with his head tilted, title on shoulder, clapping slowly, sarcastically.

Brock Anderson: First and foremost, I want to say congratulations to Damian for his win at Total Supremacy. Gotta say, you really let me have it! I mean, I did just get through facing a younger, stronger Trent… while you beat on a geriatric old man - no offense, Christian. But I digress, you did exactly what I would’ve done last week! You denounced the stupid title of being “King Yada-yada” and called your win for what it was. A step closer to getting to Miz and the Eee-bee-dubya-eff world championship. Truly the future of our company! For maybe a couple years… I mean, are we gonna pretend like all these “future” talents that are popping up out of the woodworks are young and full of youth?

He belts out a fake chuckle, before calming himself and shaking his head.

Brock Anderson: No, let’s get one thing straight right now. There is only ONE future, ONE hope, ONE franchise player in this company right now worth investing into and he stands right before you.

He opens up his arms, in “look at me” fashion.

Brock Anderson: And that is why when one door closes another… gateway opens. Pun intended. That’s why this company was smart enough to put the Breakout champion and most valuable prospect of 2023 back into a spot where I could claim what was taken from me at Total Supremacy, what was taken from me at Last Survivor - a shot at the Eee-bee-dubya-eff championship. Because I’m the face that’ll be leading this company in several years and the one who is standing here, ready and willing to carry it on my shoulders. But y’all aren’t ready for that conversation. How many times have I been wrote off by being a nepotism pick? Or because I’m a little green behind the ears? Y’all will have to start borrowing fingers to count them out because God knows none of you can count past ten without them anyways!

He begins pacing back and forth, hyping himself up.

Brock Anderson: But time and time again, I’ve shown you… I’ve promised you all so much and nine times out of ten I have delivered. That’s why I’m in the spot that I am, because by some miraculous action, there’s someone at this company with a brain to notice greatness while it’s standing in front of them. But then… then there’s some dumb-dumb who’s throwing the two others in the ring with me Monday night. Christian and Trent…

Brock stares off, lost in thought. A look of disgust crosses his face before shaking it off and looking back to the camera.

Brock Anderson: Quite frankly, I’m a little offended with the optics of such an important match for THE Gateway championship being somewhat of a loser’s bracket. I mean, I don’t want a handout or a consolation prize… but c’mon, considering who I’m up against, they might as well just raise my hand and give me the belt. And again, no offense to Christian, but gimme a break… this is a man who has been in the business for what, thirty plus? If you’re not a main stay in the title picture by now… maybe time to hang it up. Better yet, maybe focus more on staying out of internet drama with the women’s division or trying to set up fights with them. You can’t make this stuff up… and then Trent. We already put him away once in convincing fashion… how the hell does he find himself in the ring with me again, for such an important opportunity? It’s almost like the bookers here are schizophrenic bi-polars because on one you’ve got the smartest people alive recognizing the greatest thing to ever happen to this company in the last five years and then the same bozos are putting the best decision with the worst decisions…

He sighs, before grinning widely, looking more devious than usual.

Brock Anderson: Or maybe… JUST MAYBE… they’re setting you all up for a treat. We are in Four Horsemen country this Monday and I just know my home crowd is gonna be HOT.

He shrugs.

Brock Anderson: What do I know? - What I do know is no matter who or what gets into the ring with me Monday night, with the Gateway championship - MY opportunity to get what I deserve…to reach the pinnacle of this company - no matter… I know who’s walking out of that ring at the end of the night, one step closer in the pursuit of excellence… THE “Horseman” - THE Breakout champion - and THE soon to be Gateway champion. WOOOOOOOOOO!

He laughs deviously as he walks off the set, the scene fading to black.