Let's make this about you and me.

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Let's make this about you and me.

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage in Chris Jericho’s locker room. As the camera started rolling, Jericho began to speak.

Chris Jericho: You know, all week, people have been asking me: “Hey Chris, why did you agree to be Hook’s tag team partner last week?” It’s interesting, because when I came out with Hook last week on Warfare, the fans inside the arena went nuts. The people of Indiana were clearly delighted to see yours truly, and why wouldn’t they be? I’m the GOAT. But a lot of people on the internet... the trolls, if you will... don’t seem to be very happy about it. Now I generally try to ignore what people are saying about me on the Twitter, or “X” as Elon desperately wants it to be known as these days... but some of the reasons people are criticising “Jeric-Hook” are so ridiculous, I can’t help but laugh about it. I’ve seen some people say that teaming with Hook is beneath me; I’ve had other people say the complete opposite, claiming that Hook is the future of EBWF, and me teaming with him is my way of “hanging on” to try and say relevant. And then there are others... absolute losers who seem to worship everything Christian Cage does... who are saying that I had no business getting involved in what’s going on between Christian and Hook. And while there is a part of me that wants to just “shake it off” like I’m Taylor Swift, I feel like I need to make my motivations clear. Let’s start with the most ridiculous accusation that’s been levelled at me; that I need Hook to keep me relevant. Come on, I’m Chris Jericho. I am a 12-time EBWF World Champion. The fans love me, and almost everyone in the EBWF locker room respects me. I’m at a stage in my career where I don’t wrestle as much as I used to, but I don’t need anyone to make me stay relevant. I keep myself relevant; always have, always will. And to the people who think teaming with Hook is “beneath me”, while I appreciate the fact that you respect me, I think you’ve misunderstood what it means to be a professional wrestler. When I was starting out in my career, I had both tag team partners and opponents who were legends of this business; guys who were far more experienced professional wrestlers than I was at the time. I learned a lot by working with those guys, and it helped me to get to where I am today. Now I’m one of the most experienced wrestlers on the roster – there are wrestlers under contract here who weren’t even born when I made my debut – and it seems only right that I give something back. I have a lot of respect for Hook; he’s an extremely talented young guy with the world at his feet. He needed a partner, and I was all too happy to oblige. I had great fun teaming with Hook, and I’d definitely be up for teaming with him again.

Jericho paused for a moment, then continued.

Chris Jericho: Which leads me onto the final comment I’ve seen quite a few times this week. The criticism I keep getting from Christian’s “Peeps”, or as I prefer to call them, his marks... that I shouldn’t have gotten involved in his business. As my friend Miz would say... really? Professional wrestling is a business, so if something happens on EBWF programming, as an EBWF superstar I’m entitled to get involved if I see fit to. Like I said before, Hook needed a tag team partner, and I saw an opportunity that appealed to me. I offered to be Hook’s partner, and he accepted. I wasn’t going to let Christian and Seth Rollins have a handicap match, was I? Besides, while it was mostly business, I’ve gotta admit that on this occasion, it was also a little personal. I’ve known Hook’s father Taz a long time; the first time we wrestled each other was in 1996 in ECW, three years before Hook was born. We’ve teamed together and we’ve fought... I’ve kicked his ass, and he’s kicked mine. But not only do I respect Taz, I consider him a friend. So when Christian decided to attack Taz, a man who retired over 13 years ago due to injuries and neck problems, he crossed a line. I lost what little respect I had left for Christian in that moment, and I’ve gotta say Christian, I enjoyed hitting you with that Judas Effect. I hope it left a mark, junior... and if it didn’t, maybe next time we step into the ring together I’ll leave a mark with a stiff punch or two. That is, of course, if there’s any part of your body left to mark after Hook is through with you.

Jericho smirked.

Chris Jericho: But it’s not about you tonight, Christian, is it? Tonight, I’m stepping into the ring again with your tag team partner, Seth Rollins. You got Rollins to do most of the work last week, and he got bested by Jeric-Hook. Now Christian, I’m sure you’re planning to get involved tonight, to try and help your boy win, but if you know what’s good for you, I’d suggest you stay out of my business... because if you don’t, Hook owes me a favour now, and I’m sure he’d take great pleasure in suplexing your ass all over Detroit. Anyway, let’s talk about you, Seth!

Jericho pointed towards the camera, as if addressing Rollins directly.

Chris Jericho: You’re a good few years younger than Christian and me, but you’re still a very experienced professional wrestler. You’ve been wrestling for what, 18 years now? I’ve been watching you since you were making a name for yourself in Ring of Honor. It was obvious from early on in your career that you had a lot of potential, and here you are in EBWF, where you’ve shown some of that potential. Like me, you’re a former King of the Ring. You’re also a multiple-time Tag Team Champion, and a former Intercontinental Champ too. When you returned to EBWF last year, you started at the bottom again, and went after the Breakout Title; I can respect that. But since Brock Anderson beat you at Last Survivor, it seems like you’ve done absolutely nothing apart from become Christian’s lackey. Is that really where you want to be at this stage of your career, Seth? Are you content to be Christian Cage’s bitch?

Jericho cocked an eyebrow as he questioned Rollins’ ambition.

Chris Jericho: Maybe I’m wrong, Seth. Maybe you’ve just been waiting for the right moment... an opportunity to strike, and get everyone to sit up and take notice of you again. Well you’ve got that opportunity tonight, Seth. You’re going one on one with the GOAT, Chris Jericho. So let’s not make this about Christian or Hook, let’s make this about you and me. You’re a former Ring of Honor World Champion, but can you beat the man who has been the EBWF World Champion more times than anyone else? If you can, it could be a springboard for you, Seth. Maybe you’ll become the next number one contender for the EBWF World Title. Maybe you’ll get a chance to challenge Brock Anderson for the Gateway Championship. Hell, you could even go after the Breakout Title again if you think that’s your level... but tonight, try and bring yourself to my level, Seth. Give me everything you’ve got, because if you don’t, I’m not just going to beat you, I’ll embarrass you.

Jericho grinned cockily as the scene drew to a close.