Respect

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Respect

Post by Ben M »

As Britt Baker arrived at the Little Caesars Arena for the final Warfare before Gateway to Glory, Renee Young stopped her for an interview.

Renee Young: Excuse me, Britt. I was hoping to get a word with you about your match tonight?

Britt Baker: Sure, Renee. What do you want to know?

Renee Young: Well Britt, tonight, you and Trish Stratus team up for the first time ever to take on the EBWF Women’s Champion, Tam Nakano, and the woman who she will defend the Women’s Championship against at Gateway to Glory, Arisa Hoshiki. My first question is, how do you feel about teaming up with Trish?

Britt smiled.

Britt Baker: Honestly, Renee? As cheesy as this sounds, I’m excited. Trish Stratus is a legend of this business. She’s accomplished so much throughout her career, especially here in EBWF. I know Tam is close to breaking Trish’s record for the longest Women’s Championship reign in EBWF history, but in my opinion, Trish is still the standard bearer. She’s an eight-time EBWF Women’s Champion, a three-time Women’s Tag Team Champion, a two-time Royal Rumble winner and a former Queen of the Ring too. She won the EBWF Women’s Title for the first time back in 2002, when EBWF was in its infancy, and here she is over 20 years later, still going strong. Trish is to the EBWF women’s division what Chris Jericho is to the men’s division. She’s the benchmark. I saw her being disrespected by some of my peers, which is why I wanted to let her know how much respect I have for her... and it will be an honour to team up with her tonight.

Renee Young: As I said earlier, the two of you will be taking on Tam Nakano and Arisa Hoshiki. Tam Nakano beat you for the Women’s Championship last year at Fanniversary, while Arisa Hoshiki is the reigning Queen of the Ring and she also beat you back in December. Given your history with both Tam and Arisa, plus the fact that they know each other so well – they previously teamed up together as “Dream Shine” in Stardom – how do you rate yours and Trish’s chances against them tonight?

Britt Baker: Well Renee, there’s no denying that both Tam and Arisa are extremely talented. I respect them both, let me make that clear. And you’re right, they have both beaten me... but you said it yourself, that was last year. As I pointed out to Trish last week, it’s been ten months since Tam beat me for the Women’s Championship, and I still haven’t had my rematch. And the match with Arisa was eight months ago. After Gateway to Glory, I’d like to face both Tam and Arisa one on one again, regardless of which of them holds the Women’s Champion. Because I know I can beat them both. And I think Trish knows she can beat them both too; that’s why she wants a shot at the title. The four of us are deservedly main eventing Warfare tonight, because we’re not just four of the most talented women on the EBWF roster... we’re four of the most talented women’s wrestlers anywhere in the world. And that’s no exaggeration. Now Renee, you are right that Tam and Arisa know each other well, and as you said they teamed up in Stardom. As Dream Shine, they won the Goddesses of Stardom Tag League, but that was back in 2019. While they’ve been in EBWF, they’ve been rivals rather than partners. In fact, when Tam suggested they team up again a few weeks ago, didn’t Arisa refuse? So I think it’s fair to say that if Arisa had the choice, she wouldn’t be Tam’s partner tonight. Arisa doesn’t want to team with Tam, she wants to beat her for the Women’s Championship. So whatever chemistry they have in the ring together, there will also be dissension between them. Trish and I don’t have that problem. We respect one another, and we have the same goal... to beat Tam and Arisa tonight. I can guarantee that Trish and I will be on the same page, but will Tam and Arisa be, Renee? I’m not so sure.

Renee Young: That’s an interesting question... maybe I’ll ask them if I get a chance to speak to either or both of them. Thanks, Britt.

Britt smirked.

Britt Baker: My pleasure. Thanks, Renee.

Britt walked away, heading to her locker room and bringing the interview to a close.