Better than me? No chance in hell.

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Better than me? No chance in hell.

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at The Dome at America’s Center, inside Chris Jericho’s locker room. The camera started rolling, and Jericho began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Maxwell Jacob Friedman... MJF. Three initials, and a man whose catchphrase is centred around three words: “Better than you”. For as long as I’ve known MJF, he’s been telling people, “I’m better than you and you know it”... and I’ve known MJF longer than he probably realises. You see Max, you might not know this, but I’m a big part of the reason why you’re an EBWF superstar. I scouted you back when you were in MLW, and I told Wes, “we need to sign this kid”. Wes wasn’t so sure; he agreed that you’re talented, but didn’t like your attitude. I persuaded him you were worth taking a chance on, and when you first signed for EBWF, it seemed like you were proving me right. You made waves, but in a good way. You were compelling, a “must see” attraction, and in most of your matches, you proved that you were in fact better than your opponents, even if you had to beat them by... underhanded means. But then, somewhere along the way, you seemed to stop giving a damn. What was it you said in the King of the Ring tournament, Max? You didn’t care if you won or lost, because you got paid either way. That’s somewhat of an attitude adjustment, if you’ll pardon the pun. Because for all your cockiness and bravado, Max, the reason I told Wes you were worth taking a chance on was because of your drive and ambition. When I was scouting you, I didn’t just look at your in-ring ability, or your ability on the mic, I looked at the man behind all of that. And I saw something of myself in you, if I’m being honest. Because you didn’t just want to be a wrestler, you wanted to be the best wrestler in the world. And you were probably on your way to getting there until you stopped caring, stopped trying. And that’s the difference between you and me, Max... I became the best wrestler in the world because I never stopped trying. I have been wrestling for over 30 years, and every time I’ve stepped into the ring, I’ve given it my all. That’s why I’m a 12-time EBWF World Champion, and that’s why there isn’t a single guy I’ve stepped into the ring with that I haven’t beaten at some point in my career. Tonight Max, we’re wrestling each other for the first time. And if you want to prove you’re better than me... if you want to beat the guy who really is the best in the world... you’ll have to leave everything in the ring. If you half-ass it, you won’t stand a chance.

Jericho smiled as the scene drew to a close.