Friends

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

Friends

Post by Cory »

Damian Priest was backstage a few hours before Fanniversary, having finished several fan events leading up to the show. Priest was grabbing a bite to eat as Paul Heyman approached him, clapping his hands together.

Paul Heyman: Feeling good, champ?

Damian Priest: Fine.

Paul arched his eyebrow.

Paul Heyman: What's going on?

Damian turned and looked down at his manager.

Damian Priest: Tonight? When I put that clown on his back and pin him? He goes to the back of the line, okay?

Paul Heyman: Of course he does. That's how it works around here, Damian. You didn't even need to give him this rematch. You did it because you're a fighting champion.

Damian Priest: Nah, I did it because you fucked up, Paul. But we're past that. And I like to think that The Miz would at least be a tiny bit grateful that he's even getting another shot at me. But you heard what that cheap stuffed suit said during the contract signing. I mean, you heard him. I get loud pop from the crowds every single night, and this dude who's been mid in the ring his entire fuckin' career is gonna come out here and tell me that I ain't over? Fuck that guy.

Paul couldn't help but smile at his client's agitation.

Paul Heyman: The Miz, sometimes likes to make up his own narrative. He doesn't always live on a place I like to call 'Earth.' Besides...

Paul smirked as he held up a sheet of paper with an interview schedule printed out on it.

Paul Heyman: Don't worry, Damian. I've got you scheduled for a surprise interview today with someone that I think you'll enjoy talking to.

Paul showed him the schedule and Damian's expression grew into a smirk.

Damian Priest: Is he expecting us?

Paul shook his head, a sinister smirk on his features. Damian nodded.

Damian Priest: Well, let's not keep him waitin'.

Paul grinned as they both headed off towards the interview room, Damian cracking his knuckles.

In the interview room, the senior cameraman Drew was getting the equipment set up for the interview as Michael Cole stepped in, wearing his usual suit.

Michael Cole: You have any idea who is coming? I usually like to prep.

Drew shook his head.

Drew The Cameraman: No idea, boss.

Drew finished setting up the equipment and, on Michael's mark, activated the camera and focused it in on him.

Michael Cole: Greetings EBWF fans, I'm Michael Cole, and let me welcome you to this EBWF.net exclusive interview. Well, I'm going to be perfectly candid with you. This interview was scheduled in advance, requesting me specifically. However, I'm not sure I--

The door on the opposite end of the room opened and Michael Cole fell silent, nodding as he looked at the floor.

Michael Cole: Ah, of course.

In stepped Paul Heyman, followed by the EBWF World Champion, Damian Priest. Damian had the EBWF World Championship in his hand, holding it by the side plate as he pulled up a chair, sitting backwards on it. He scooted close to Cole, and looked down at him with an intense gaze. Suddenly, Priest smiled.

Damian Priest: Sup, Michael. You seem tense. You good?

Michael Cole: I should have known it would be you two. The moment I saw a blank field under the name of who would be interviewed, I should have known.

Damian chuckled darkly, draping the title belt over his shoulder.

Damian Priest: Relax, my man. I don't have a problem with you. Not unless you make one.

Paul stepped forward, patting Damian on the shoulder.

Paul Heyman: Michael, my client feels that of the litany of options there are for interviewers here in EBWF, that you are uniquely qualified to ask him questions about his title defense against the Miz at Fanniversary.

Michael Cole: "Uniquely qualified?" What's that supposed to mean?

Damian chuckled and reached out with his tattooed arm, grasping Cole on the shoulder.

Damian Priest: C'mon, Michael. No need to play dumb. Or is hanging out with those two clowns affecting your brain, bro?

Cole shook his head. He straightened up a bit.

Michael Cole: You want an interview, huh? Fine. I actually do have a few questions for you. Last week at the contract signing, you artfully dodged The Miz's accusation, but didn't really provide an answer. Why don't you tell the EBWF Universe why they should root for you as a stand-up professional wrestler when you employ the services of one of the most villainous managers in EBWF history?

Damian Priest: Huh. Was that before or after he called me a fraud and a flash in the pan, or tried to pretend like he didn't know who I was?

Michael Cole: Answer the question.

Priest smirked and nodded.

Damian Priest: Fine. Easy answer, Michael. This is business, and there aren't many that can match Paul for what he can offer me. Being Damian Priest means I am constantly in the gym. Constantly putting in the work. Constantly fixing the gaps in my game. I don't have time to network, make friends, market myself. I leave that to him.

Damian gestured behind him towards Paul.

Damian Priest: This isn't hard, Michael. I don't know how many more times I need to explain it. And what has Paul really done that's so "villainous" since I hired him, huh?

Michael Cole: Apart from hitting the Miz over the head with the title and costing him the EBWF World Championship?

Priest rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Damian Priest: Ay bendito. Look. I've said this once and I'll say it again. The Miz was never going to walk out of Gateway to Glory with this title. It wasn't going to happen. At the end of the night, the result would have been the same. Paul just ensured that the people watchin' at home could go to bed a few minutes earlier. Besides, we've been over this. Paul and I had a business meeting and we cleared up all of the confusion. That ain't gonna happen again. Right, Paul?

Paul Heyman: Right you are, Damian. Michael, I understand that as a wrestling journalist, it's in your nature to...sort of regift the same kinds of questions in order to get my client to slip up and provide a different answer. It's beat reporting 101. But the reality of the situation is that my client has been very clear and consistent from the start. He wants to win his matches on his own merits. I am accustomed to clients that have different priorities in their career. And Damian? He's a man of principle. A man of integrity. A man that other wrestlers and fans can look up to as he leads the way forward for EBWF.

Michael Cole: You talk about leading the way forward for EBWF. But that comes with a laundry list of responsibilities. TV appearances, fan events, philanthropy, press meet and greets. Are you prepared to take on all of these extra duties that come with being a long-reigning EBWF World Champion?

Paul was about to respond, but Damian put his hand up, silencing him. Damian narrowed his eyes and leaned in a little towards Michael.

Damian Priest: You think I don't know that? You think I don't know the responsibilities leading a company like this one? What, your boy Miz puts some shit in his hair, puts on a suit, and that makes him the best option to speak for EBWF? Why? 'Cause all of a sudden him and his burnout broki are all buddy buddy with you?

Michael Cole: That's not it at all, Damian. I'm sure you are fully capable. My job is to ask the questions.

Damian Priest: Well let me ask you one, Michael. How long after the Miz loses again do you think it will be until your boy flips his shit again and goes full on supervillain? A month? Two months? How long before he leaves your ass on the side of the road along with his burnout sidekick?

Michael Cole: My association with The Miz is not the topic we should be discussing here.

Damian Priest: You know what, you're right, Michael. The discussion should be about me. All of the discussion should be about me. Because I'M the EBWF World Champion. I'm the man, not the Miz.

Michael Cole: But after tonight, it could be the Miz once again claiming the EBWF World Championship. Now you say, or at least your manager says, that you are a man of integrity and principle. If that's the case, tell me what you plan to do if the Miz beats you fair and square tonight.

Damian Priest: You legit asking? Or trying to spin a narrative for your friends?

Michael Cole: Legitimate question.

Damian Priest: I'll walk up to him, hand him the title, and shake his hand. Or at least offer it. No guarantee he'd shake it though. But when I beat him, Michael...

Damian leaned it bit closer to Cole.

Damian Priest: When I put him through the ring with the Razor's Edge, and send him packing down to the back of the line, you'd better watch your back.

Michael Cole: Damian, I'm not looking to cause any trouble with your or Paul.

Damian smirked.

Damian Priest: I didn't mean around me. I meant around your friend.

Priest smirked and patted Cole on the shoulder before standing up and starting to walk off, Paul following him out. Priest suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Cole over his shoulder.

Damian Priest: Oh, and Michael? Tell your "friend" that I hope he knows who I am now.

With that, Priest left the room, leaving Cole alone to wrap up the video as the scene faded.