Christmas Eve of Destruction Results - 12/24/2023

Ashlee
Site Admin

Christmas Eve of Destruction Results - 12/24/2023

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s Christmas Eve, and it’s time for EBWF’s annual hardcore extravaganza, Christmas Eve of Destruction!

Nigel McGuinness: We’re not just celebrating Christmas tonight folks, we’re also celebrating Hanukkah… and for the second year in a row, Maxwell Jacob Friedman will compete in a Hanukkah Havoc match! And we’re starting that… now!

The show cut to a shot of the outside of the building, with multiple children dressed as police officers riding bicycles alongside a slow-moving car.

Nigel McGuinness: What is this? It’s a motorcade! And look to the right!

Mauro Ranallo: That’s no motorcade.

Al Snow got out of the car, wearing a sleeveless black jacket and black jeans, with a black bandana wrapped around his bald cap. The children got off their bicycles and formed a line between Hulk Snowgan and the arena.

Child Officer 1: You’re not entering the building tonight, we cannot allow you inside.

Hulk Snowgan: I got one thing to say guys. I’m going in there one way or the other.

Child Officer 2: We can’t let you do that, sir.

Child Officer 1: We can’t let you do that, Mister Snowgan.

Hulk Snowgan remained still and stared at the officers in front of him.

Child Officer 1: Let him in…Let him in!

Child Officer 2: Let him by.

The children parted, clearing the way for Snowgan to enter the arena.

Nigel McGuinness: The thin blue line just cracked.

Mauro Ranallo: In one of the smallest staredowns we’ve ever seen, Snowgan and “the law” came face to face. Snowgan is walking towards the ring area.

Nigel McGuinness: They’re not the law, they let an insane man in the building to commit crimes. They’re not the law, this man’s crazy! What’s he gonna do?

Mauro Ranallo: I assume he’s going to have the match he’s been booked for.

“American Made” hit the speakers as the lights flashed yellow and red. Hulk Snowgan walked towards the ring with a purpose. He seemed to grab an invisible opponent before punching the air where their face would be, and then appeared to be helping another non-existent entity to their feet. He took a microphone.

Hulk Snowgan: You know something everybody? I just wanna clear up a couple things right now. You know, standing out here in front of you as a man, I just gotta get somethin’ off my chest and clear it up. Y’know, over this last year, I’ve had a lot of time to listen to what all the fans have had to say about Hulk Snowgan.

Mauro Ranallo: Over this last year? He’s only been doing this gimmick for about a month.

Hulk Snowgan: Oh yeah man, I’ve listened to all the fans and all the Maniacs, and they think this Hulkamania stuff is gonna live forever. And I’ve also listened to the critics. Yeah I’ve heard the critics ask the question – Well is Hulk Snowgan getting’ older? Well yeah, Hulk Snowgan’s getting’ older, so is every other damn wrestler in the back too, day by day. And I’ve also, I’ve also heard the critics ask the question over and over again – Is Hulk Snowgan losin’ a step or two? Well let me tell ya somethin’, Hulk Snowgan isn’t losin’ a step, I’ve only lost half a step. But the one question that I hear over and over by all the critics, is does Hulk Snowgan still have something to offer the wrestling business…and I’m here to tell ya, I’m here to tell ya, you’re damn right I do, ‘cause I’m here to lead by example.

Nigel McGuinness: This man couldn’t lead lemmings off a cliff.

Hulk Snowgan: As far as my spot in this business goes, as far as being a lead dog, if there’s anybody in the back that wants to come out here right now and take my spot, I’m ready to kick your ass.

There was little to no reaction from the crowd.

Hulk Snowgan: Y’know, you can mess with the character of Hulk Snowgan. You can mess with the gimmick. You can make me slip on a banana peel, for a one two three, or Bischoff and MJF can try to embarrass Hulk Snowgan by makin’ a fool out of me. But when Eric Bischoff and MJF pull what they did at Warfare last week…

Mauro Ranallo: Were Bischoff and MJF even on Warfare last week?

Hulk Snowgan: …and what they did at Spring Stampede…

Mauro Ranallo: That isn’t an EBWF Pay-Per-View, and they weren’t on it.

Hulk Snowgan: …they’re messin’ with the man, Terry Snowllea. And as far as Terry Snowllea’s concerned, Bischoff and MJF, when you decide to try to take money out of my pocket and food out of my kid’s mouth, you went way beyond the line, because Terry Snowllea has more heart than you two, or any other wrestler in the damn back! And as far as I’m concerned, if anybody wants my spot, like I said, they better have it in their blood, they’d better be a different kind of a breed of wrestler, because I’m here until somebody kicks my ass and runs me off. And that brings me to that snot-nosed punk, Maxwell Friedman. You know something Friedman, I’ve listened to you cry and whine to Bischoff and Ikeda and the other promoters that were here and gone. How you wanted the big push, how you wouldn’t leave the hotel room until you knew what they were gonna do with you out here, well brother, you make me sick! And I’m startin’ out with you tonight, Brother. If you want my spot, get your ass out here and come and try to take it. You know somethin’? You called me out last week, Maxwell Friedman…

The crowd broke their silence to begin booing.

Terry Snowllea: …and now this week, I’m callin’ your ass out. And make sure, Bischoff, I hope you’re watchin’, Friedman, get your ass out here, ‘cause I’ll kick your ass right now, get out here!

MJF appeared on the Tron, standing in the parking garage, flanked by Richard Holliday. He was wearing a yellow and red Hulkamania t-shirt with the sleeves removed. Eric Bischoff stood in front of a white golf cart in the background.

MJF: Wait a minute, I mean, look at you out there, look at me! I’m ready here. Hulk, I don’t come running when you say run. So if you want me, you bring your ass back here and come and get me. Come on Hulk, are you afraid?

Terry Snowllea: Hey, Friedman, I’m on my way, I’m on my way!

Snowgan stormed up the ramp towards the backstage area as the show cut back to MJF in the parking garage.

MJF: This isn’t the middle of my match where you just show up and come running in. I’m planned, I’m ready for you now. Let’s see what you got. Bring it back here, this isn’t gonna be a wrestling match, this is gonna be a fight, and I’m gonna kick your ass all over this place. If you have the guts to show up, that is; I mean, you’re probably a little scared and shaking, but just bring it, come on. Come and see me. It’s the dWo’s time, Hulk, you’re done. You’re gone. Let’s go. Come on, Hulk, look at this place, this is great. Come on! I’m waiting, I’m here!

The show cut back to Terry Snowllea searching the parking lot for MJF.

Terry Snowllea: You son of a bitch! Friedman! God damn it Friedman! Where you at, Friedman?!

Nigel McGuinness: He was clearly inside the parking garage, so why is Snowgan walking around outside in the parking lot?

Terry Snowllea: Friedman you son of a bitch, I’m gonna beat your ass!

The camera cut back to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Well, while we’re waiting for “Terry” to find MJF and officially start the Hanukkah Havoc match, let’s run through the other matches we have scheduled to take place this evening!

A series of match graphics were shown as Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness ran through the card.

Mauro Ranallo: Rhea Ripley makes her return to EBWF tonight as she takes on Britt Baker in a Sadistic Madness match!

Nigel McGuinness: I hear that her new manager, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is going to be here too Mauro… how exciting is that?!

Mauro Ranallo: We’ll also see Christian Cage take on Johnny Gargano in what is arguably the most explosive type of match we’ve ever had here in EBWF… a TLC4 match!

Nigel McGuinness: Christian wanted a street fight, but Gargano upped the ante, and you have to wonder whether that’s something he’ll come to regret.

Mauro Ranallo: On January 1st, we’ll be kicking off 2024 with the return of Warfare Games! Oedo Tai - Tam Nakano, Jamie Hayter and AZM, and a mystery partner, will be taking on the team of Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan, Becky Lynch and Winter. Tonight, we’ll see Jamie Hayter face Liv Morgan in a “Sno DQ” match, with the winner earning a Warfare Games advantage for their team!

Nigel McGuinness: Warfare Games is competed inside a steel cage, and we’ve also got a steel cage match tonight as Adam Cole defends the Gateway Championship against United Empire’s Will Ospreay!

Mauro Ranallo: And speaking of title defenses, Arisa Hoshiki will defend her Women’s Championship for the first time against Sakisama in a No Holds Barred match!

Nigel McGuinness: Arisa competed in a No Holds Barred match at Christmas Eve of Destruction last year, unsuccessfully challenging Tam Nakano for the Women’s Championship. She’ll be hoping history doesn’t repeat itself tonight, because if she loses, Arisa Hoshiki won’t just lose the Women’s Championship… she’ll have to join NEO Biishiki-Gun!

Mauro Ranallo: And finally… in our main event, the undefeated Damian Priest will defend his EBWF World Championship against Seth Rollins in a Scaffold match!

Nigel McGuinness: I’d love to say more about that, Mauro, but it looks like we’re out of time… we need to cut to the parking garage!

As the camera cut to the parking garage, Terry Snowllea punched MJF in the face, knocking him to the ground. As he wound up for another punch, Richard Holliday hit him across the back with a menorah.

Nigel McGuinness: Snowgan found Friedman, and Holliday just found the back of Hulk Snowgan, Terry Snowllea if you will, with the menorah.

Mauro Ranallo: You know, Nigel, I’d forgotten that this was supposed to be a Hanukkah Havoc match.

Nigel McGuinness: It seems like you weren’t the only one, Mauro… Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been informed that this match will be a falls count anywhere Hanukkah Havoc match, because the powers that be do not believe we’ll be able to get these two men back to the ring.

Snowllea grabbed Holliday by the throat, pushing him back against a pillar. But MJF attacked Snowllea from behind, making the save for Holliday. He dragged Snowllea over to the wall and tried to drive his head into it, but Terry put his hands out to block the attempt before reversing it, pushing MJF face first into the concrete wall. He punched MJF in the face again, sending him to his knees, before landing another stiff right hand into his jaw. The director cut to a camera looking over Eric Bischoff’s shoulder as Maxwell was thrown against a small plastic dumpster.

Mauro Ranallo: And there’s Eric Bischoff watching on.

Nigel McGuinness: What’s he doing, besides not helping Maxwell Friedman? Does Snowgan know he’s there? Does Friedman know he’s there?

Terry drove Friedman hard into a much larger metal dumpster. He hoisted him up over his head in a gorilla press, before dropping him over the side, into the dumpster. His head turned to the right as he locked eyes with Eric Bischoff.

Mauro Ranallo: Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Nigel McGuinness: Has he seen Bischoff now?

Mauro Ranallo: That’s exactly what he’s seen. He’s going after Bischoff and Bischoff’s getting in the golf cart.

Nigel McGuinness: Bischoff, what a coward, abandoning Maxwell Friedman and Richard Holliday.

Mauro Ranallo: Wait, the golf cart wouldn’t start?

Nigel McGuinness: I guess not.

Bischoff abandoned the golf cart and started running up the exit ramp of the parking garage towards safety.

Terry Snowllea climbed into the golf cart and turned it on.

Nigel McGuinness: What’s Snowgan doing?

Mauro Ranallo: Maybe he’s gonna chase Bischoff.

MJF’s hand emerged from the dumpster, grabbing the side as he began to hoist himself up.

The camera cut to a point of view shot, looking over MJF’s head at the golf cart slowly driving towards him from the far side of the parking garage.

Nigel McGuinness: He wouldn’t!

The camera cut to a closeup of MJF’s face watching the cart, then cut to a point of view shot, looking over MJF’s head at the golf cart slowly driving towards him from the far side of the parking garage, seemingly starting from the same spot as the last shot. The same footage appeared to repeat itself once more - a close up of MJF’s face watching the cart, then a point of view shot looking over MJF’s head at the golf cart slowly driving towards him from the far side of the parking garage, seemingly starting from the same spot… then out of nowhere, the golf cart bumped into the dumpster with minimal impact and MJF fell backwards into it.

Nigel McGuinness: MJF’S IN THAT DUMPSTER!

The cart reversed a few inches then slowly nudged the dumpster again.

Nigel McGuinness: OH NO! MAXWELL FRIEDMAN COULD BE DEAD!

Mauro Ranallo: Okay, how much has he paid you to go along with this?

Nigel McGuinness: I don’t know what you mean, Mauro. This is horrifying.

Terry Snowllea climbed out of the golf cart and headed towards the exit ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like he’s now going after Bischoff, Nigel.

As Terry reached the bottom of the ramp, a loud, repetitive beeping noise echoed throughout the garage, as a dump truck reversed towards him. The bed of the truck lifted, burying Snowllea under its contents.

Mauro Ranallo: Those are dreidels! Hundreds, maybe even thousands of dreidels!

Nigel McGuinness: It seems that MJF and Eric Bischoff were more than prepared for a Hanukkah Havoc match after all!

Eric Bischoff opened the driver’s side door and dropped to the floor. He ran over to the dumpster and helped MJF, who had begun climbing down from it. Together with Holliday, they dug through the dreidels to find an unconscious Terry Snowllea. MJF placed his foot on top of Snowllea’s chest as the referee made the three count.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over… thank god!

MJF, Holliday and Bischoff walked away as a video package played promoting The Rapture - Rhea Ripley, Lexis King and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next… it’s time for Sadistic Madness!

“Terminator Theme” hit and the crowd booed as Rhea Ripley made her way to the ring, accompanied by Lexis King and Arnold Schwarzenegger. When Ripley was in the ring, “The Epic” hit and out walked Britt Baker, wearing red and silver ring gear. As Baker entered the ring, Ripley immediately got in her face, and as the bell rang, Ripley hit Baker with a series of punches. Baker fought back with some right hands of her own, then lifted Ripley over her shoulder, hitting an Air Raid Crash. Ripley rolled out of the ring, and as Baker followed her to the outside, Rhea Ripley grabbed a steel chair. Ripley then threw the chair at Britt Baker, catching her in the face!

Nigel McGuinness: A vicious chair shot there by Rhea Ripley… but she hasn’t drawn blood yet!

As Baker fell to the floor, Ripley hit her with repeated chair shots. She then set up the chair and slammed Baker’s head off it, before sitting Baker in the chair. Ripley took several steps back, then ran at Baker, going for a big boot… but Baker moved out of the way at the last second, and Ripley’s boot connected with the chair instead! As Ripley cried out in pain, Baker lifted her up, dropping her onto the chair. Baker then went back underneath the ring, this time grabbing a table.

Mauro Ranallo: I think Britt Baker is forgetting you need to make your opponent bleed in order to win a Sadistic Madness match!

Nigel McGuinness: I don’t think that’s the case, Mauro… Baker knows she needs to make Rhea Ripley bleed and pin or submit her to win this match. Right now though, she’s just focusing on giving the newest member of the women’s division a beating!

Baker set the table up next to the ring, then grabbed Ripley and went to suplex her through the table… but Ripley blocked it, then powerbombed Baker through the table! Ripley threw Baker back into the ring, grabbed a steel chair, then slid into the ring. Ripley placed the chair on the mat, grabbed Baker, and hit a DDT onto the chair! Baker still wasn’t bleeding, so Ripley sat her in the corner and placed the chair in Baker’s face, then took several steps back… before charging towards the corner and hitting a low missile dropkick, slamming the chair into Baker’s face!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia!

The camera zoomed in on Britt Baker, who had blood trickling down her forehead. Ripley pulled her out of the corner and hooked the leg - 1… 2… Baker kicked out! Ripley got to her feet and stomped on Baker several times, then exited the ring and lifted up the ring apron, pulling a ladder out from underneath the ring. Ripley slid the ladder into the ring, then grabbed Baker and set her up for the Riptide onto the ladder… but Baker broke free, then grabbed Ripley and hit her with a reverse STO onto the ladder!

Nigel McGuinness: Rhea Ripley landed headfirst on one of the ladder rungs, and it looks like she’s got a nasty cut on her forehead!

Sure enough, Ripley was now bleeding, and Baker rolled her off the ladder then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Ripley kicked out! As Baker got to her feet, she lifted Ripley up and slammed her onto the ladder, then exited the ring and grabbed a black bag from underneath the ring apron. Baker took the bag into the ring, and smiling sadistically, she opened the bag and tipped it upside down, pouring the contents onto the ring mat.

Mauro Ranallo: Not thumb tacks!

Baker grabbed Ripley and pulled her to her feet, then hit a fisherman’s neckbreaker onto the thumb tacks! As Ripley cried out in pain, Baker pulled out a red glove, which she placed on her hand before putting Rhea Ripley in the Lockjaw! Ripley tapped out, and the referee called for the bell.

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Britt Baker wins… now someone needs to clean up the ring!

Baker made her way to the back as the referee checked on Rhea Ripley.

MATCH THREE

After a video package the show cut back to the arena where tables, ladders, and C4 were all placed around ringside. The lights dimmed and a red heartbeat style countdown played along with “My Last Breath”. The crowd booed as Christian Cage walked out wearing the black and red version of his tights and a “Heart Breaker” T-shirt.

Christy Hemme: The following contest is a TLC4 Match. Introducing first from Tampa, Florida by way of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is The Heart Breaker and The Instant Classic, Christian Cage!!!

Mauro Ranallo: Nigel, tonight may be the night that Christian Cage pays for all of his sins. His open challenge for a Street Fight was changed to a TLC4 Match by Johnny Gargano and Christian is certainly not happy about it.

Nigel McGuinness: You sounded a little bit biased there Mauro but I understand that it's kinda hard to be unbiased given all the despicable things that this man has done this year.

Christian got ringside and looked at all the weapons, having a concerned look when he saw the C4. Christian entered the ring and leaned against the ropes as his music faded. “Rebel Heart” played and the crowd went from booing to cheering in an instant. Johnny Gargano came out wearing a Dark Christmas version of his ring gear.

Mauro Ranallo: Johnny Gargano has been waiting for months to get his hands on Christian Cage in an official match.

Nigel McGuinness: These two were supposed to face off at Fanniversary but Christian and Seth Rollins attacked Gargano before that could happen. Tonight, Johnny Wrestling will finally have his chance in a match of his choosing.

Gargano didn't get far down the ramp as Christian left the ring and ran up the ramp looking for a clothesline but Gargano saw it coming and ducked before unleashing several punches on Cage as the bell rang.

Mauro Ranallo: Christian attempted to blindside Gargano again but he couldn't pull it off this time.

The two fought down the ramp to ringside and Gargano whipped Christian into the steel steps. Johnny grabbed a nearby ladder and slid it into the ring as well as a stick of C4. Gargano went to grab Christian but he fought back with rights and pushed Gargano away before charging at him but Gargano used Cage's own momentum to grab and spinebuster him through a table.

Nigel McGuinness: We're only a few minutes in and someone has already gone through a table.

Gargano threw Christian into the ring and went under the ring, pulling out duct tape. Gargano entered the ring and grabbed the C4 before duck taping it to the middle turnbuckle. He picked Christian up and had him over his shoulder and the crowd gasped as they knew what was coming next.

Nigel Mcguinness: Oh no.

Gargano went to lawn dart Christian into the turnbuckle but Christian slipped out and went for the Unprettier only for Johnny to push him into the ropes and hit a discus forearm. With Cage stunned, Gargano hit a suplex on the ladder and went outside. He grabbed a table and repositioned it closer to the ring. Gargano reached into the ring and pulled Christian to the apron before climbing up. Johnny went for a Tornado DDT but Christian pushed him off mid-move and Gargano crashed through the table. Christian took a moment to recover before he grabbed Gargano and threw him into the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like Christian Cage has finally taken control of this match.

Christian entered the ring and opened the ladder, placed Gargano’s left leg in between and slammed it shut. Gargano screamed in pain and Christian did it again, then left the ring and walked over to the timekeeper's area, grabbing a couple of chairs and sliding them into the ring. Christian entered and grabbed a chair with a smile on his face, then started bashing the ladder over and over. Christian dropped the chair and opened the ladder, pulling Gargano to the center of the ring. Christian climbed the top rope and hit a frog splash on the bad leg before going for the pin.

1…
2…

Gargano got his shoulder up and Christian looked frustrated. Cage rolled out of the ring and grabbed a couple of sticks of C4 and re-entered the ring. Christian noticed the duct tape in the ring and smirked as he grabbed it and taped one of the sticks of C4 on a chair.

Mauro Ranallo: What the hell does Christian have planned?

Christian waited for Gargano to get to his feet and went to throw the chair but Johnny stopped him with a Superkick. Gargano clutched his leg as he scooted over to Christian and covered him.

1…
2…
Kickout!

Mauro Ranallo: That might have been Gargano’s last hope.

Nigel McGuinness: You wonder if that would have been it if Gargano didn't have the bad leg.

As Christian rolled out onto the apron, Gargano went to grab him but Christian snapped his neck off the ropes. Like Gargano earlier, Christian grabbed a table and repositioned it near the ring. Cage reached into the ring and grabbed the other C4 and placed it on the table. He got back on the apron but Gargano hit him with the ladder and Christian crashed through the table, causing an explosion.

Mauro Ranallo: MAMMA MIA!!!

The crowd chanted “Holy Shit” as Gargano rolled out and threw Christian into the ring. Gargano got back in the ring and grabbed the ladder again,waiting for Christian to get up. Christian got to his knees and Johnny ran and hit him in the head with the ladder.

Mauro Ranallo: Right in the skull.

Christian started bleeding from the head and Gargano grabbed a chair and opened it. He picked Christian up and sat him in the chair before hitting a superkick followed up by another superkick as the crowd cheered. Gargano took a few steps back and told Christian to look at him. Gargano flipped Christian off before hitting a third superkick, causing Christian and the chair to flip over. Gargano grabbed the chair with the C4 taped to it and when Christian got to his feet Johnny threw it at him, hitting Cage in the back as another explosion happened. Christian squirmed in agonizing pain as Gargano went to the apron and when Christian got up, Gargano hit One Final Beat.

Nigel McGuinness: This might be it.

Gargano went for the pin.

1…
2…

The referee was pulled out of the ring before he could finish the count and the crowd booed as the culprit turned out to be The Big Show.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh come on!

Gargano realized what happened and dived through the middle rope, but got caught by the throat. Big Show laughed and taunted the crowd until Gargano kicked him low and followed up with a superkick causing the giant to stumble back into the barricade. Johnny got back in the ring but Christian was on his feet and he hit Gargano with a Spear into the C4 taped turnbuckle.

Nigel McGuinness: OH MY GOD!

Both men were laid out from the explosion. After a few moments, Christian stirred and draped an arm over Gargano.

1…
2…
3!

The crowd booed loudly as the bell rang and “My Last Breath” played.

Christy Hemme: Here is your winner, The Instant Classic, Christian Cage!!!

Big Show raised his arms in the air as he walked over to the ring and pulled Christian out of the ring and draped him over his shoulder.

Mauro Ranallo: Johnny Gargano had this match won but thanks to The Big Show, Christian Cage has slithered away with the win.

Nigel Mcguinness: And it might not be the end of the good fortune as Seth Rollins could walk out tonight as EBWF World Champion.

Big Show carried Christian to the back as a promo for Last Survivor played.

MATCH FOUR

Christy Hemme: The following contest is the Sno-DQ match and is scheduled for one fall!

The slow intro of "Teenage Nosferatu Pussy" blared throughout the arena and the lighting changed to shades of orange and red. Once the opening lyrics were heard, Jamie Hayter stepped through the entrance curtain and was met with booing from the crowd. She stopped on the stage, bent down, and then quickly leaned backward while raising her arms. This triggered the pyro that shot up through the stage. The camera zoomed in on her as she started sauntering down the entrance while talking shit.

Christy Hemme: Introducing first… Representing Oedo Tai… From Southampton, England… JAMIE HAYTER!!!

Mauro Ranallo: Since the summer of this year, Jamie Hayter, along with Oedo Tai, has been a persistent thorn in the side of everyone.

Nigel McGuiness: Oedo Tai has been the persistent side of everyone, yes, but none more than the Rebellious Angels.

Jamie made it to ringside and stopped. She eyed the ring before climbing up onto the apron. She entered the ring and looked at the crowd. She cupped her hand around her ear, similarly to Hulk Hogan, and the boos only intensified. She looked at the crowd and mockingly applauded as if telling them that's all they should do for her. This only got the crowd to continue showering her with boos while she turned her attention to the entrance while her theme slowly faded out.

“Reach for the Sky” by Social Distortion hit the PA System and the crowd began to cheer as Liv Morgan made her way onto the stage. Full of anger and determination, Liv started making her way down the entrance ramp.

Christy Hemme: Her opponent… Representing the Rebellious Angels… From Elmwood, New Jersey… LIV MORGAN!!!

Mauro Ranallo: Here comes Liv, and she’s looking to gain some revenge against Jamie Hayter.

Nigel McGuiness: Good luck with that. Jamie is one of the dangerous and feared wrestlers in pro wrestling as a whole.

Liv made it to ringside but didn’t enter the ring yet. Instead, Liv looked under the ring for weapons. Liv pulled out a sign and threw it into the ring. She pulled out a trash can and threw it into the ring and Jamie swatted it away without flinching. Liv threw a second sign into the ring, and then a second trash can, the latter of which Jamie caught and set down. Liv pulled out a kendo stick and threw it at Jamie. Jamie, of course, caught it before she set it aside. Liv slid a stop sign into the ring before she did the same with two trash can lids. Meanwhile, the crowd booed as Tam Nakano walked out onto the stage to watch the match.

Mauro Ranallo: Liv just threw a bunch of weapons into the ring but what’s this?

Nigel McGuinness: Tam Nakano has decided to make an appearance.

After Liv threw the weapons into the ring, Jamie just glared at her as if she were piercing a hole through Liv while she slowly shook her head at the New Jersey native. Liv slapped her butt at Jamie to taunt her, and this caused Jamie to leave the ring. Right as Jamie left the ring, Liv slid into the ring. Right as Jamie turned to face the ring, Liv used the top rope to dive onto the Brit. Jamie caught Liv and ran her spine first into the Southwest ring post before she let Liv drop to the floor.

Mauro Ranallo: Jamie showing off that deceptive quickness by catching Liv in midair.

Nigel McGuinness: Not only that, but did you hear the impact of Liv’s spine colliding with the ring post? Just nasty. Liv taunting Jamie was a very bad thing.

Jamie grabbed Liv and yelled at her before she threw Liv into the ring while Tam watched on with glee. Jamie quickly entered the ring in hot pursuit of Liv and got up to her feet. When Liv got up to her feet, she was knocked down to the mat by a punch to the face from Jamie. Liv stumbled to her feet and Jamie lifted the New Jersey native onto her shoulder before running Liv’s spine full speed into the Southeast corner. Then, Jamie tied Liv up in the tree of woe.

Mauro Ranallo: Jamie has Liv tied up in the tree of woe. This can’t be good.

Nigel McGuinness: It’s bad for Liv, but good for Jamie.

Jamie nailed Liv with a vicious kick to the stomach. The referee tried to stop Jamie from attacking the helpless Liv a second time, but the Brit chased him away. Jamie approached Liv again. This time, Liv cracked Jamie in the rips with the kendo stick while she was still hanging upside down. This opening allowed Liv to drop down to her feet and she continued her attacks on Jamie with the kendo stick. Liv cracked Jamie in the ribs with the kendo stick a second time, and Jamie yelled in pain. Liv attempted to strike Jamie a third time, but Jamie caught the stick. Not only that, but Jamie pulled the kendo stick and Liv with it. Liv went flying into the Northwest corner and Jamie threw the stick down onto the mat.

Mauro Ranallo: For a brief moment, we saw Liv attempt to take control of the match.

Nigel McGuinness: Yeah, but Jamie being the ring general that she is, knew how to put a stop to it at a moment’s notice.

Liv picked up both trash can lids and approached Jamie. She threw the trash can lid in her right hand and cracked Jamie in the head with it before she started using the trash can lid in her left hand. Liv hit Jamie in the face with the second trash can lid – one, two times – and caused Jamie to back into the Southeast corner. At this moment, AZM slid out from under the ring and climbed up onto the apron. This got Liv’s attention. Liv attempted to attack AZM, but the latter dropped down to the floor. It was a swing and a miss. However, the crowd started cheering once Becky came in through the crowd and attacked AZM, and the two picked up where they left off at Fanniversary while Liv turned her attention back to Jamie. Liv ran at Jamie, and Jamie got her foot up which caused the trash can lid to collide with Liv’s face.

Mauro Ranallo: Once again, Liv had the upper hand, but Jamie was able to turn it around. This time, it was due to Oedo Tai.

Nigel McGuinness: If Liv isn’t careful, this could end up like Fanniversary. Speaking of Fanniversary, here’s Becky to even the odds.

Liv was lying on her back and Jamie approached her with the same trash can lid that Liv had just used on her. With the trash can lid in her hand, Jamie cracked it against Liv’s face – one, two, three, four times – and it caused Liv to turn over onto her stomach and cover up. Jamie dropped the trash can lid and moved the trash can into position. Before the trashcan could come into play, Jamie turned Liv over onto her back and started choking her with her right hand.

Mauro Ranallo: Jamie could’ve ended this by now, but she just wants to draw out the punishment.

Nigel McGuinness: No, she’s just being a good sport and giving Liv a chance.

Back in the ring, Jamie released the choke hold and picked Liv up. With Liv bent over, Jamie placed Liv’s head between her legs before she hoisted Liv up and violently dropped her onto the trash can.

Mauro Ranallo: MAMMA MIA! Jamie with a vicious powerbomb right onto the trash can.

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over now!

Jamie didn’t go for the pin. Instead, Becky managed to briefly break away from the brawl with AZM and climbed up onto the apron. Jamie ran at Becky and knocked her off the apron with a Big Boot that caused Becky to fly off of the apron and crash onto the floor. AZM took advantage of the situation and continued fighting Becky. Jamie turned her attention back to Liv and went for the pin.

ONE!!!
TWO!!!
THREE-NO!!! The lights went out.

Mauro Ranallo: Now, we have a blackout! What is this?!

Nigel McGuinness: Someone didn’t pay the electric bill.

The lights turned back on, and Jamie stood there, but she wasn’t alone. The crowd cheered wildly as they saw a blast from Becky’s past standing behind Jamie.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh, my god! It’s Winter!

Nigel McGuinness: This isn’t good for Jamie!

Jamie turned around and saw Winter. Without hesitation, Jamie ran at Winter and attempted a HAYTERADE, but Winter ducked. When Jamie turned to face Winter again, The Satanic Diva spat blood right in Jamie’s face. With Jamie neutralized, Winter hoisted her up and dropped her with the Frost Bite right onto the second trash can. Winter then dragged Liv over to Jamie and draped Liv’s arm over Jamie’s shoulders. The referee had no choice but to count.

ONE!!!
TWO!!!
THREE!!!

The bell rang and the crowd cheered as “Reach for the Sky” by Social Distortion hit the PA System once again.

Christy Hemme: Here’s your winner… LIV MORGAN!!!

Mauro Ranallo: Do you believe in miracles, Nigel? Liv won!

Nigel McGuinness: There’s nothing miraculous about Liv winning thanks to Winter.

Mauro Ranallo: Turnabout is fair play. Remember what Oedo Tai pulled at Fanniversary?

Back in the ring, Winter glared silently and intensely at Tam Nakano, the latter of whom wasn’t too pleased about Winter’s interference. The sour look on the face of Tam turned into a grin at a moment’s notice. The camera cut to show that it was none other than KAIRI perched on the top turnbuckle behind Winter.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh, my god! It’s KAIRI!!!

Nigel McGuinness: What’s she doing here?!

KAIRI jumped off the top turnbuckle, flew over Winter, and landed right on Liv with the InSane Elbow. Winter quickly turned her attention to KAIRI, who had already rolled out of the ring. AZM joined KAIRI in pulling Jamie out of the ring. The three women made their way up to the stage and stood with Tam Nakano. Tam was front and center. Jamie was to Tam’s right. KAIRI was to Tam’s left. AZM was to Jamie’s right. The four women then yelled “OEDO TAI!”

Mauro Ranallo: KAIRI is the long-rumored fourth member of Oedo Tai!

Nigel McGuinness: Even in defeat, Oedo Tai gains strength! They’re like a hydra. If you cut off one head, another grows in its place!

The final image showed a split screen of Winter, Becky, and Liv staring down the four members of Oedo Tai.

MATCH FIVE

When EBWF returned Christy Hemme was standing in the center of the ring.

Christy Hemme: The following match is a No Escape Steel Cage match for the EBWF Gateway Championship!

The Brooklyn crowd was wild as Will Ospreay came from behind the curtain to a mixed reaction.

Mauro Ranallo: Ospreay is coming in here with all the confidence in the world, and who can blame him, Nigel?

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole might have a comment or two about that, Mauro.

“You Know It’s All About tha Boom!”

The crowd cheered “Adam Cole Baby!” as Cole game from behind the curtain and headed down to the ring doing his usual entrance.

Nigel McGuinness: These two men are about to be locked inside this steel cage, and the only way to win is via pinfall or submission. Neither man can escape the cage!
The referee made a show of locking both men inside before the ringing the bell. Ospreay and Cole battered each other relentlessly, taking full advantage of their surroundings. After landing a series of powerful strikes, Ospreay inflicted more punishment. Similarly, Cole got a second wind, but rather than go for the W, he beat Ospreay down before finally hitting him with The Boom.

1…
2…

Nigel McGuinness: And a kickout from Will Ospreay! This matchup has all the makings of an instant classic. Both competitors are no strangers to high-stakes encounters, but tonight, only one will walk out with the gold.

Ospreay and Cole circled each other cautiously, aware of the unforgiving steel surrounding them. The tension in the arena was palpable as they locked eyes, a mix of determination and focus evident on their faces.

Mauro Ranallo: Ospreay and Cole are sizing each other up, looking for an opening to gain the upper hand. The stakes couldn't be higher in this championship clash.

The two engaged in a series of lightning-fast exchanges, showcasing their technical prowess and agility. Ospreay gained an early advantage with his high-flying maneuvers, keeping Cole on the defensive. However, Cole, countered with calculated strikes, targeting Ospreay's limbs to slow him down.

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole showcasing his ring awareness, grounding Ospreay to limit his aerial offense. He knows he needs to neutralize Ospreay's speed to secure the victory.

As the match progressed, the steel cage became an integral part of the action. Both competitors utilized the structure to their advantage, slamming each other against the steel mesh and using it as a weapon to inflict damage.

Mauro Ranallo: This steel cage adds a whole new dimension to this matchup. Every impact against that unforgiving structure takes a toll on these athletes.

Ospreay managed to rally, unleashing a flurry of strikes and high-impact moves, attempting to roll Cole up. However, Cole kicked out, and kept Ospreay down with a flurry of punches in the center of the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Cole is relentless, refusing to stay down. He knows the championship is on the line, and he's fighting tooth and nail for the Gateway Championship.

Despite Ospreay's resilience, Cole seized an opportunity, hitting his devastating finisher, the "Last Shot," stunning Ospreay. With determination in his eyes, Cole grabbed at Ospreay to hook the leg!

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole is moments away from securing his victory!

1…
2…
3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Adam Cole successfully wins this grueling steel cage match against Will Ospreay!

As Cole celebrated his hard-fought victory, clutching the Gateway Championship, the audience erupted in applause and mixed reactions. Ospreay, though defeated, slowly rose to his feet, acknowledging Cole's win with a nod of respect before exiting the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: What a battle! Both men gave it their all, but tonight, Adam Cole proved why he's the Gateway Champion. Now where will Adam Cole turn his attention next?

The camera faded out with Adam Cole standing tall inside the steel cage, as a promo for Last Survivor began to play.

MATCH SIX

Mauro Ranallo: It is time for part one of our double main event! Arisa Hoshiki, who ended Tam Nakano’s record-breaking reign as EBWF Women’s Champion, defends the title for the first time against NEO Biishiki-Gun’s Sakisama!

“Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru” hit and the crowd booed as Sakisama made her way to the ring. When Sakisama was in the ring, “Shining Star” hit and the fans inside the arena erupted as Arisa Hoshiki stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: What an incredible year Arisa Hoshiki has had, Mauro. 12 months ago today, she challenged Tam Nakano for the Women’s Championship at Christmas Eve of Destruction 2022 and lost. Determined to earn another title opportunity, she won the women’s Last Survivor match in January, and although she was unsuccessful when she faced both Tam Nakano and Utami Hayashishita for the Women’s Championship at Fallout, she didn’t let that deter her. She went on to win the Queen of the Ring tournament in June, and two months ago at Fanniversary, she finally defeated Tam Nakano at the third time of asking, becoming the EBWF Women’s Champion for the first time. But you have to wonder… if she loses the title tonight, will she still look back on 2023 as a successful year? Or will her previous successes be tainted if Sakisama ends her title reign and ruins her Christmas?

When Arisa entered the ring, she locked eyes with Sakisama. The two women stared each other down as Christy Hemme introduced them, and as the bell rang, Arisa moved towards Sakisama, going for a lock up. Sakisama slapped Arisa’s hands away and caught Arisa with a kick to the chest. Arisa stumbled backwards, then grabbed Sakisama, hitting her with a headbutt! The two women then began exchanging forearms back and forth, and after gaining the upper hand, Arisa went for a roundhouse kick… but Sakisama ducked underneath it, then hit Arisa with a dropkick to the back of the head! Arisa fell to the mat, and Sakisama grabbed her, throwing the defending champion into the corner. Arisa fell into a sitting position, and Sakisama hit her with a series of kicks to the face before putting her boot on Arisa’s neck, choking her!

Mauro Ranallo: Sakisama with the foot choke, and don’t forget this is no holds barred… so there are no rope breaks, Sakisama can do this for as long as she wants!

Arisa managed to shove Sakisama’s foot away, but as she got to her feet, Sakisama grabbed her once more, this time hitting a snapmare. As Arisa sat up, Sakisama stomped on the back of her head!

Nigel McGuinness: Sakisama targeting the head and neck of Arisa Hoshiki… she knows that head and neck injuries were a big part of the reason why Arisa had to retire back in 2020!

Sakisama pulled Arisa to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then ran at her, hitting a corner big boot. As Arisa fell to the mat, Sakisama hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Arisa kicked out! Sakisama then went for the Versailles Choke, but Arisa broke free before she could lock it in. As both women got to their feet, Sakisama went to whip Arisa against the ropes… but Arisa reversed the Irish whip, sending Sakisama into the ropes before hitting a bicycle kick. Sakisama stumbled backwards, and Arisa charged towards her, hitting a running high knee strike! Sakisama rolled out of the ring, and Arisa followed her to the outside, grabbing Sakisama and slamming her head against the edge of the ring mat. Arisa repeated this two more times, then climbed to the top rope and hit Sakisama with the 1399!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! 1399 on the outside… but Arisa Hoshiki needs to get Sakisama back into the ring if she wants to pin her!

Arisa managed to drag Sakisama back into the ring and covered her, but Sakisama kicked out at the count of 2. As Sakisama got the shoulder up, Arisa sat on top of her, punching Sakisama against the mat several times. Arisa then put Sakisama in a rear naked choke, but Sakisama was able to fight out of it, and after hitting Arisa with a series of punches, Sakisama hit an STO. Sakisama hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… again Arisa kicked out!
Sakisama pulled Arisa to her feet and lifted her up for a body slam, but Arisa wriggled free and landed behind Sakisama, hitting a release German suplex. Arisa then climbed to the top rope, and when Sakisama was on her feet, Arisa hit a second 1399! She hooked the leg once more - 1… 2… Sakisama kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: This has been an intense match so far, Mauro… and you can’t help but wonder how much more these two have left in the tank!

Arisa pulled Sakisama to her feet and set her up for the Pulsar Kick… but Sakisama ducked underneath it, then jumped up onto Arisa’s shoulders, hitting an inverted hurricanrana! Sakisama put Arisa in the Versailles Choke, but Arisa managed to counter it by pinning Sakisama’s shoulders to the mat! The referee counted - 1… 2… Sakisama kicked out! As both women got to their feet, Sakisama leaned back against the ropes. Arisa ran at her, going for a clothesline, but Sakisama ducked down and hit Arisa with a back body drop, sending the champion tumbling to the outside. Sakisama then climbed to the top rope, and hit Arisa with a diving crossbody on the outside. As Sakisama got to her feet, she began pulling up one of the mats at ringside, exposing the floor underneath it.

Mauro Ranallo: Sakisama has bad intentions here…

Sakisama pulled Arisa to her feet, then lifted the Shining Star over her shoulder, hitting a tombstone piledriver onto the floor! As Arisa lay motionless on the floor, Sakisama dragged her to her feet and threw her back into the ring, then slid back into the ring herself and hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Arisa kicked out just before the 3! Sakisama looked stunned momentarily, then she quickly composed herself and got to her feet, watching Arisa intently. Arisa slowly stumbled to her feet… and as soon as she was up, Sakisama hit her with the Academy Award Kick! She hooked the leg once more, and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! These two women went to hell and back, and now we have a new EBWF Women’s Champion!

The referee called for the bell and handed Sakisama the Women’s Championship, then raised her arm in victory. Sakisama bowed, then made her way to the back as a video package began to play promoting the main event.

MATCH SEVEN

Christy Hemme: It’s time for our main event of the evening and it is a Scaffold Match for the EBWF World Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, from Davenport, Iowa - Seth Freakin’ Rollins!

Rollins came to the ring to a mixed reaction from the Brooklyn crowd.

Christy Hemme: And his opponent, hailing from The Bronx, New York!

Hemme waited a beat for the Brooklyn crowd to cheer the New York City native.

Christy Hemme: He is the EBWF World Champion, accompanied to the ring by his advocate, Paul Heyman… Damian Priest!

As Priest had been announced, Rollins climbed to the top of the scaffold structure and Priest watched him intently from the ring. There were several steel chairs on the scaffold, and Rollins began to inspect them.

Nigel McGuinness: The rules of this match are simple, Mauro, the man can fight anywhere in the arena, but in order to win one must throw the other from the scaffold. So it would be in their favor to remain on the structure.

Mauro Ranallo: Damian Priest is of course undefeated in EBWF, but he’s never been in a match like this either!

Priest began his climb to the top of the scaffold. As Priest reached the top the bell rang. Once Priest was within reach, Rollins climbed down and was shaking his head. Priest smirked and began grabbing the steel chairs and throwing them down into the ring near Rollins. Priest then started to climb down and went after Rollins. Priest sentRollins into the guard railing in front of the front row two different times.

Mauro Ranallo: Priest is being brutal here.

Priest pulled out a table and tossed it into the ring. Priest put a second table and trash can into the ring. Priest threw Rollins in the ring and set up a table in a corner. Rollins tried to send Priest into the table, but Priest dodged it. Rollins almost got sent into the table as well, but jumped over the top rope and landed on ring apron. Rollins cracked the trash can over the head of Priest and set up the other table. Rollins put Priest on the table, but Priest jumped off and went after Rollins on the top rope. Priest hit a belly-to-belly suplex on Rollins. Priest made his way up onto the scaffold and Rollins followed. Priest turned and saw Rollins at the top with him. Priest dared Rollins to crawl out to the middle. When Rollins got close, Priest raked the eyes and slammed his head on the padding over the structure.

Nigel McGuinness: Priest sends Rollins reeling!

Both men got to their feet, Priest almost fell off, but he gained his footing in time. Rollins raked the eyes of Priest and bounced his head off the top a few times. Rollins then climbed down the side and hid under the red padding at the top so Priest couldn’t see him.

Nigel McGuinness: A stroke of genius from the visionary.

Mauro Ranallo: I guess, Nigel, but he can’t win like that!

The fans helped Priest figure out where Rollins was. Priest removed the red padding and saw Rollins laying down on the structure. Rollins poked the eyes of Priest and then hit him with a few rights as he stood up. Rollins was hitting Priest with such ferocity that the scaffold was rocking. Rollins lost his balance, and barely hung on to the scaffolding. Priest started kicking down on his gut. Rollins still held on.

Mauro Ranallo: These two are beyond vicious!

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely, this isn't just about the title; it's about survival atop that dangerous scaffold. Both Rollins and Priest know the risks, but they're willing to put it all on the line for the ultimate prize in EBWF.

Mauro Ranallo: This is a nerve-wracking situation, folks. One wrong move up there, and it could be catastrophic.

Rollins and Priest engaged in a brutal exchange of strikes and grappling maneuvers, trying to gain an advantage while balancing precariously on the narrow platform. Rollins attempted to use his cunning and agility to outmaneuver Priest, looking for an opening to gain the upper hand. However, Priest, used his resilience and power to match Rollins' offense, refusing to back down.

Mauro Ranallo: Seth Rollins is trying to outsmart Priest, but Damian is showing incredible fortitude, not allowing Rollins to dictate the pace of this match.

As the intense battle raged on, Priest seized an opportunity, delivering a devastating strike that rocked Rollins, causing him to lose his footing momentarily. Sensing an opening, Priest unleashed a flurry of attacks, forcing Rollins to teeter precariously close to the edge of the scaffold.

Nigel McGuinness: Damian Priest is on the offensive! Rollins is in trouble, clinging on for dear life!

With a final, powerful strike, Priest sent Rollins staggering to the edge of the scaffold. The audience held their breath as Rollins desperately tried to regain his balance, but it was too late. Priest delivered a monumental blow, sending Rollins tumbling off the scaffold and crashing through a specially prepared table below!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Damian Priest has done it! He's overcome the odds and emerged victorious in this grueling scaffold match!

Nigel McGuinness: Paul Heyman couldn’t be more pleased!

The crowd erupted into cheers as Priest stood tall atop the scaffold, victorious, but also visibly concerned for the fallen Rollins. Medical personnel rushed to attend to Rollins as Priest scrambled down to be presented with the EBWF World Championship belt.

Nigel McGuinness: What a heart-stopping match! Damian Priest has etched his name in EBWF history by continuing his undefeated streak in this scaffold match here tonight!

As Rollins received medical attention, Priest held the title high above his head.

Mauro Ranallo: 2023 has one more show in store for us this year, join us Monday, New Year’s Eve, for EBWF Warfare Games where we are sure to hear from our reigning, defending EBWF World Champion!

Nigel McGuinness: Happy Christmas from all of us here at EBWF, and to all a good night!

The camera focused on Priest in the center of the ring as CEOD went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote