New Era (Jericho’s version)

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

New Era (Jericho’s version)

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, where this week’s Warfare was being held. As the camera started rolling, Jericho began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Well, well, well… look who's in the main event once again – Seth Rollins! The Messiah, they call you... or rather, you call yourself that. You’ve given yourself a lot of nicknames over the years, Seth, but after your little tussle with Damian Priest at Christmas Eve of Destruction, it's clear that you're no master planner. You promised a new era, and claimed it was for the greater good, but you fell short. And now, you’re standing in my way.

Jericho smirked, adjusted his sunglasses, then continued speaking.

Chris Jericho: You’ve been wrestling for what, 20 years now Seth? Well, it will be 20 years this year if your Wikipedia page is correct. You’ve had a long and successful career, but mine has been longer and more successful. Hell, I’ve been in EBWF longer than you’ve been wrestling, junior… and I’d already been wrestling for 11 years when the Ikedas signed me up. In case you’ve forgotten, I’m a 12-time EBWF World Champion. That's not just a record; it's a legacy. And now, Seth, you get the honour of stepping into the ring with the man who's held that title more times than anyone in EBWF history. I may not be “The Messiah”… but I am a larger than life, living legend. Some people even call me “The GOAT”.

The fans inside the arena could be heard roaring in acknowledgment.

Chris Jericho: Seth, you had your shot at the champion, and you failed… not once, but twice. Did you choke, Seth? Did the pressure get to you, kid? That’s a problem I can’t relate to, because I thrive under pressure. I thrive on proving that I am still the best in this business. Tonight, I’m going to beat you, and move on to my next target… Last Survivor.

Jericho paused for a moment and removed his sunglasses. He seemed to be deep in thought.

Chris Jericho: Last Survivor, where dreams are made and broken. Where careers are defined. I've won the Last Survivor match twice before, and in three weeks’ time, I'll win it again. And when I do, I’ll be coming for Damian Priest and that EBWF World Championship. Then I’ll do what you couldn’t do, Seth… what no one in EBWF has been able to do yet. I’ll beat him, damn it! I'll become a 13-time champion, breaking my own record once again, and further solidifying my legacy of greatness.

The crowd erupted in cheers once again.

Chris Jericho: Seth Rollins, consider this your warning. Tonight on Warfare, you're not just facing the Lionheart; you're facing the future Last Survivor winner and the next EBWF World Champion. Get ready, because you're about to become a footnote in my “new era”.

Jericho stepped back into his locker room, bringing the scene to a close.