To the End (Britt Baker)

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

To the End (Britt Baker)

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Wells Fargo Center, outside Britt Baker’s locker room. The locker room door opened, and out stepped Britt Baker. She was dressed in her ring gear, and after closing the door behind her, Baker began to speak.

Britt Baker: Tonight, it's not just about surviving; it's about proving a point. I’m entering the Last Survivor match first, and let’s be honest… that’s really not want I wanted. When I grabbed that briefcase in the Feast or Famine match, I hoped it would contain the contract for a title match against Sakisama, or at least give me the final spot in Last Survivor. Entering first is like being a Hunger Games volunteer from District 12; the odds are very much against me. But I’m embracing my inner Katniss Everdeen, and seeing it as an opportunity rather than a disadvantage. Because only the very best can enter the Last Survivor match as one of the first two entrants, and be the last one standing at the end. This is my chance to show the world just how tough I am, just how resilient I am… and earn my long overdue rematch for the Women’s Championship.

Baker paused, her gaze steely as she reflects on her opponents.

Britt Baker: I will be starting the match Rhea Ripley, the woman I defeated in a Sadistic Madness match at Christmas Eve of Destruction. It’s unfortunate that we’re starting this match together… unfortunate for you, that is. Because at Christmas Eve of Destruction, I didn’t just beat you, I dominated you. And tonight, for 90 seconds, I get you all to myself. Maybe I’ll make you bleed again, just for fun.

Baker smiled sadistically, then moved onto her next opponent.

Britt Baker: Moving on, let’s talk about the Rebellious Angels. Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch, I had to face you both in the Feast or Famine match, and despite all the discourse in the build up about how you two would work together to give yourselves an advantage, you were the only two who didn’t get a briefcase! So what makes you think tonight will be any different? I guess you’ll have Liv Morgan too, who unlike you Becky is a former EBWF Women’s Champion, and who unlike you Alexa, didn’t only win the title because Trish Stratus was feeling charitable.

Baker smirked, a hint of disdain in her voice.

Britt Baker: That actually brings me onto something I’ve been wondering about. Alexa, Liv, you know I don’t like either of you, but I think a big part of that is because you’re friends with Becky Lynch, who in my opinion has a bad attitude and seems determined to burn her bridges here in EBWF. Honestly Becky, I don’t understand why you don’t just quit; do you need the severance? Are you desperate to hold the Women’s Championship at least once before you walk away, and that’s what keeps you going? Explain it to me please, because you don’t seem very happy here, and apparently you’ve got a bunch of offers from Hollywood, although I’m not sure why. Anyway, back to Alexa and Liv. You two realise the only one of your trio who hasn’t been Women’s Champ is Becky, don’t you? She’s the weak link, and she’s dragging you two down. You’d be better off without her.

Britt paused for a moment then continued.

Britt Baker: Nikki Cross, you’ve always been described as a little… crazy… but aligning yourself with Christian Cage might just be the craziest thing you’ve done yet. He’s achieved so little success in EBWF for himself, so you really think he will help you be successful? But don't worry, I'll make sure you regret it tonight. And as for you, Allysin Kay… Since Becky still likes to bring up the fact that she beat me in my EBWF debut match almost four years ago, I guess it’s okay for me to remind everyone that I beat you when you challenged me for the Women’s Title back in 2022. Allysin, you seem to have the same problem that Becky Lynch has; you can get herself into contention for a title opportunity, but then you choke. You promised dominance when you came to EBWF, but unfortunately you’ve over-promised and under-delivered. I think it’s pretty telling that the last time you appeared on an EBWF pay-per-view was when you competed in the Last Survivor match this time last year. And your last singles match on a pay-per-view was when I beat you at Gateway to Glory back in August 2022. You were so pissed about that defeat, you temporarily quit EBWF… well folks, maybe if we’re lucky, I’ll eliminate Ally from the Last Survivor match this year and she’ll quit again, this time for good! Fingers crossed.

Britt sarcastically crossed her fingers, then her expression softened as she moved onto her next opponents.

Britt Baker: Trish, Natalya, like I’ve said before, I have nothing but respect and admiration for both of you. If it wasn’t for the two of you, I probably wouldn’t be standing her today. There will be several alliances in this match - Rebellious Angels, Oedo Tai, NEO Biishiki-Gun… so how about tonight, for one night only, you let me become an honorary member of Beautiful Dangerous? The three of us together would truly be a force to be reckoned with, and I would love it if we were the final three.

Baker’s expression changed as she moved onto her next opponent, a determined glint returning to her eyes.

Britt Baker: As for you, Tam Nakano… this one is personal. You may have ended my reign as Women’s Champion, but like me you’re now a former Women’s Champion. A lot of people were shocked when you revealed that you were part of Oedo Tai, but it didn’t surprise me. You may have fooled almost everyone with your sweet facade, but I saw through it. Because I knew from being in the ring with you that no one who was so dominant, so tough, so violent between the ropes could really have the childish innocence you tried to portray. However, for all the trouble Oedo Tai have caused, your group couldn’t stop you from losing the Women’s Title, could they?

Baker smirked, a fire burning in her eyes.

Britt Baker: The order of entry is quite fortunate for you, Tam - your Oedo Tai lackeys, Jamie and Himeka, will be entering the match not long after you, but rest assured I’ll be ready for all three of you. The only question I have is… Jamie, Himeka, do you really want to be standing in Tam’s shadow? Well, I guess that’s more of a question for you Jamie, because I’ve seen what you can do in the ring and how much potential. With all due respect, Himeka, I can understand you aligning with Tam, because I think deep down you know you belong in her shadow.

Britt’s expression changed again, as if she’d just remembered something.

Britt Baker: Oops, I almost forgot to mention Ava Johnson! Not that there’s much to say, Ava, and what I do have to say has probably been said already. I’ve faced you before and I beat you, and I’m actually not sure if you’ve even won a match here yet! I know you can’t choose who your parents are, but I must admit I find it a little frustrating that you have an EBWF contract, Ava. We both know it’s because of who your father is; you’ve done nothing yet to prove that you deserve it, and there are plenty of other female wrestlers out there that don’t come from a famous wrestling family who would shine if they got the opportunities you’ve been given. Moving on from one of the youngest women in this match to one of the most experienced… Mickie James, Hardcore Country herself. You've had your time in the spotlight, Mickie, but this is a new era, and I'm the future of women's wrestling in EBWF. Prove me wrong if you can, but I won't hold my breath.

Baker’s tone turned sombre as she addressed her next opponent.

Britt Baker: Last but not least, Utami, the woman with no last name. What happened to you, Utami? You used to be fierce, independent. Now, you're nothing more than a puppet for Sakisama. It's a shame to see someone with so much potential wasted on following orders. Stand up for yourself, Utami, before it's too late. And speaking of standing up for yourselves… to the other 19 women in the Last Survivor match, be warned. Tonight, I'm coming for all of you. And when I outlast everyone, earn my shot at the EBWF Women’s Championship and become a two-time, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind just how good I am.

Baker grinned, then walked off, heading towards the ring.