Close the Book

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Close the Book

Post by Billy »

----------On Camera----------
----------Location Unknown----------
----------Uploaded to EBFW’s social media accounts----------

The camera opens on Aiden English sitting backwards on a chair with an old book in his hands and the Breakout Championship over his shoulder. He scans the open pages of the book in silence. The dimly lit surroundings make it near impossible to make out the location. He looks up to the camera and smiles slightly.

-=Aiden English=-
The responsibility that comes with holding the EBWF Gateway Championship isn’t lost on me. I’ve held it before, felt the weight of that duty resting squarely on my shoulders. I’ve tended to the gates of glory in EBWF, protecting the EBWF World Champion from extraneous contenders who haven’t earned the right to challenge for that prestigious title. I’ve been the guard on the frontline of Warfare battling week in and week out to elevate the level of competition in the EBWF. I’ve known the weight of being a target by all the hungry competitors seeking to make it to the top of the business. I know that I have what it takes to be the man that curates and protects the future of the EBWF. Now Steve, I’ve devoted a lot of my time recently to talking about the past. It’s honestly a topic that I’ve broached ad nauseum. To the point that even I, the Drama King himself, am growing tired of reiterating it. But, I’ve got to admit that it's hard to talk about you and not let the conversation linger into the realm of history. Because, Steve, your history in the world of wrestling is UNDENIABLE. Many of our fanbase are too young to remember the last time you were the EBWF World Champion. I was just a young Drama Prince about to take the stage in my Freshman production of MacBeth.

The camera cuts to a shot of Aiden dressed like Macbeth with a clash of static.

-=Aiden English=-
If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me.

The static follows the quick clip as the camera cuts back to Aiden.

-=Aiden English=-
Honestly, there might not be an industry today if not for Stunning Steve turning himself into the Toughest SOB. And, I don’t rest lightly on that fact or all the other deeds your celebrated career is built on. And for all the lines I’ve spoken about the history of myself, my opponents, my fans and my company, volumes more could be spoken about Stone Cold Steve Austin. But to quote the Tempest, what is past is prologue. All that we’ve done in our collective history is just that. It’s what led us to this point in time at Fallout when Stone Cold Steve Austin, a LEGEND, will stand across the ring from The Drama King Aiden English. When the FUTURE of EBWF is to be written in Stone. You see Steve, you know nothing about what it takes to be the guiding light of EBWF’s future. You’re a relic of a bygone age. The last time you helmed this ship was two decades ago. Chaining the future of this company to your waist is more likely to buoy us in the mire than set us sailing for smoother waters. And that’s why I can’t afford to take my eye off this match. Why the company can’t afford for me to drop the ball. With Stone Cold in charge of the future we will find ourselves frozen in time, unable to move into a better and brighter era for this company. Look at this Steve.

Aiden sets the book to the side and hauls the Breakout Championship off his shoulder. He drapes the title over the back of the chair to bring the central plate into the center of the frame.

-=Aiden English=-
This title here proves that Aiden English is the future of the EBWF. That I’m to represent the greatness of what's yet to come. Sure, I have a history with this title and the Gateway Championship. I’ve spoken enough words about that. But the Breakout Champion represents the future of this business, this industry in the EBWF. While the Gateway Champion is responsible for grooming that future to make them ready for the greatest spotlight. And when I hold them both, the future of the EBWF is going to shine brighter than it has in so many years. The future is going to glow like the sun at midday.

Aiden slides the title back to his shoulder slowly while staring into the camera. He leans down and picks up the book from his feet. He turns it over in his hands. Then with a snap he closes it, sending dust flying into the air.

-=Aiden English=-
In the FALLOUT of your defeat, the EBWF is going to close the book on history and start building a better future. Aiden English is going to usher in an era of this business that you can’t imagine. And, I’m going to do it because the fans of the EBWF Universe deserve the best. They deserve the best wrestlers, the best competitions and the best champions. I’m going to give them that after Sunday.

----------Off Camera----------
----------Chicago, IL----------

Matt and Shaul are sitting in the living room of their Chicago apartment. Matt is holding a Playstation 5 controller while Shaul is doomscrolling on TikTok. On the television is a paused episode of Fallout on Amazon Prime. Aiden purses his lips. ”With this pay per view being titled Fallout, I think we need to do some theming on our gear to pay homage to the show. It’s kind of one of those opportunities you can’t pass up. Maybe some blue and bright yellow Vault Tech gear?”

Shaul doesn’t make a motion toward her husband. Instead she continues to be completely engrossed by the next three minutes of wasted time and energy. She swipes her finger up to move on, still unaware of Matt’s prattling about work.

For his part, Matt doesn’t seem to notice that he’s being ignored. He continues to carry on a conversation with himself and the television. ”Perhaps instead of a number on the back of the top, we’ll do a big yellow six pointed star to represent Chicago. I’ll have to get on the phone with someone and get the gear rolling if we want it to be ready in time.” Finally he looks over at his wife and realizes that she hasn’t taken in a single word of the conversation. ”Sounds good. I’ll take care of it all.”
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*