Maika: An Offer

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Maika: An Offer

Post by Utami »

Maika sits in the locker room, stretching her arms out before arguably her biggest match since failing to claim the title from Sakisama at Last Survivor. She can't fail now - she's too close to getting another shot at the top. Yet when she leans forward to switch stretches her muscles throb and ache. Maybe she's not 100% after what Sakisama did to her, after the pain of fighting Jamie Hatyer in a vicious first round battle. Feeling the tension in her body, she takes the stretch slower and is more deliberate about her approach. For a moment it even feels like the world is melting away to the point that it's just her and her body having an intimate conversation. That is, until an unexpected voice calls to her.

Himeka: "So this is where you are."

Maika immediately jumps to her feet and squares up, prepared for a battle.

Maika: "You've got a lot of nerve showing up here."

Himeka: "Is that any way to welcome your old partner?"

Maika shakes her head and motions to the door.

Maika: "You said you were done with me. There's the door. How about you leave?"

Himeka smirks playfully at the Red Empress' resistance to her.

Himeka: "When you've got such an important match? Against Utami Hayashishita? Come on Maika, you know you need all the help you can get. You act tough but you're still beaten up physically and.. emotionally too, aren't you?"

She leans forward as if to listen for Maika's heartbeat. Maika places a hand on her shoulder and shakes her head.

Maika: "You broke my heart."

HImeka: "It wasn't the right time for that, Maika. But times change-"

She places a hand on Maika's shoulder in return.

Himeka: "People change. And if you're still interested? I'd love to have you by my side again."

Maika shakes her head and steps back.

Maika: "No way, I'm doing this on my own. I can beat Utami on my own."

Himeka shrugs and starts to leave, stopping at the door to look over her shoulder.

Himeka: "If you change your mind, there's always a spot in Oedo Tai for you."