Redemption Tour (Britt Baker RP)

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Redemption Tour (Britt Baker RP)

Post by Ben M »

After Britt Baker’s match against Liv Morgan on Warfare last week, Baker was interviewed backstage by Renee Young. The interview was not shown on Warfare, but was uploaded to EBWF’s official YouTube channel as part of the build-up for Baker’s Queen of the Ring quarter final match against Natalya.

The scene opened backstage at the Fargodome. Britt Baker was making her way back to her locker room after her victory over Liv Morgan in the Queen of the Ring “redemption match”. Baker was still catching her breath from her hard-fought victory, but her eyes were filled with determination and focus. Renee Young approached with a microphone, and as Baker saw her, the Doctor smiled.

Britt Baker: Ah, Renee, we meet again.

Renee Young:Britt, congratulations on your victory tonight! You have just secured the final spot in the Queen of the Ring quarter finals. How are you feeling?

Britt Baker: Thank you, Renee. Tonight was tough, but I knew I had to give it everything I had. Losing to Ava Johnson was a wake-up call. Like I said to you before, I underestimated her, and it cost me. But tonight, I promised myself I wouldn’t make that mistake again. Liv Morgan is an incredible competitor, and she took me to the limit… but I was determined to earn my spot in the quarter finals. I wasn’t going to let anyone stop me. And now, here I am, tired and in slight pain, but victorious.

Renee Young: Speaking of the quarter finals, next week you’ll be facing Natalya. That match will be the first time ever that the two of you have faced each other one on one. What are your thoughts going into that match?

Baker nodded. She had crossed paths with Natalya a few times – most recently in the “Feast or Famine” ladder match back in January – but as Renee said, they had never faced each other in a singles match.

Britt Baker: Natalya... where do I start? I know I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating so I’ll say it again. I’ve got a tremendous amount of respect for Nattie. She’s a trailblazer, one of the women who paved the way for wrestlers like me. She’s from a famous wrestling family, sure, but she didn’t rely on that to get where she is. Natalya has earned everything through hard work, dedication, and sheer talent. She’s a three-time EBWF Women’s Champion and a three-time Women’s Tag Team Champion. That’s no small feat.

Renee Young: You’ve been vocal about your opinions on wrestlers who come from famous families in the past. Before your match with Ava Johnson, you accused her of relying on her family name to get opportunities she hadn’t earned. How does your view of Natalya differ?

Baker cocked an eyebrow, as if surprised by the question.

Britt Baker: I don’t want to get drawn into talking about Ava Johnson again, Renee. Because clearly, the comments I made about her made her determined to prove me wrong, and as well as me underestimating her, that was undoubtedly a factor in why she beat me last week. But with all due respect… there’s a big difference between Ava and Natalya. I accused Ava of being complacent and taking her spot in EBWF for granted because of her family connections, but that’s not an accusation anybody could make about Natalya. Natalya has worked even harder because of her family name, not in spite of it. She knows she has big shoes to fill, and she’s spent her entire career working her ass off to live up to the family name. Every match, every title, she’s earned through blood, sweat, and tears. And that’s something I deeply admire.

Renee Young: So, how do you approach this match against someone you respect so much?

Baker smirked, but there was an intense look in her eyes.

Britt Baker: As much as I respect and admire Natalya, Renee, I know respect and admiration don’t win matches. So when that bell rings, the respect and admiration I have for Natalya will go out the window. Natalya is one of the best, but I’m not here to bow down to the best. I’m here to be the best. So next week, when we step into that ring, I’ll be focused on one thing: defeating Natalya. I know it’s going to be one of the toughest matches of my career, but I’m ready. I have to be.

Renee Young: Any final thoughts as you prepare for the quarter finals?

Britt Baker: This is my redemption tour, Renee. I stumbled once, but I won’t stumble again. Natalya, I respect you, but next week, I’m coming for you. I’m dreaming of that spot in the semi finals, and nothing is going to stop me from getting there. It’s time to show everyone that Britt Baker is not to be underestimated.

Renee Young: Thank you, Britt. Good luck in your match next week!

Baker smiled warmly.

Britt Baker: Thanks, Renee. If I don’t see you next week, I’ll see you at Total Supremacy, when you can ask me about the semi finals.

As Baker walked past the camera, it was clear from her determined expression how badly she wanted to win. The scene faded to black as Baker continued on towards her locker room.