Warfare Results 11/07/2016

Ben M

Warfare Results 11/07/2016

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Joey Styles: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to EBWF Warfare!

Corey Graves: And what a night it is, Joey! Tonight we have the epic Chris Jericho Celebration that has been 15 years in the making.

Joey Styles: But first, we turn to newcomers for some in-ring action.

Indeed, Christy Hemme made the ring introductions and each wrestler made their entrances to a lukewarm reception from the Chicago crowd. The bell rang and they sized each other up. Ellsworth charged and got taken down. Ellsworth scrambled to the ropes to break it and retreated to the floor as the fans booed. Ellsworth came back in and they tangled. Andrews got a takedown into a 2 count. Andrews followed up with another 2 count and another. Ellsworth came right back and slammed Andrews. After more trading punches back and forth Andrews got some offense in. Ellsworth cut him off and catapulted him to the floor as the referee counted.

Joey Styles: This is how you get counted out here.

Andrews sold a shoulder injury on the floor and Ellsworth dropkicked him through the ropes. Ellsworth went to work on the shoulder and brought it back in for a 2 count. Ellsworth executed more offense and another pin attempt. Ellsworth went on and hit a few corner dropkicks, and followed up with the corner clothesline. Andrews blocked a DDT and nailed a dropkick. He made a comeback with multiple clotheslines. Andrews hit Ellsworth with a swinging neckbreaker, and got the two count. Ellsworth was thrown hard into the ring post. He rebounded and hit a sitdown powerbomb for the 1…2…3!

Corey Graves: Are you kidding me?

Joey Styles: Who is this guy?

Corey Graves: He’s an unlikely EBWF Superstar is what he is!

Joey Styles: But yet, here he is, James Ellsworth has his first victory in EBWF.

MATCH TWO

Joey Styles: Up next, we've got women's tag team action as Alexa Bliss and Gionna Daddio team up to take on Eva Marie and the EBWF Women's Champion, Sasha Banks!

"Crushed" by Parkway Drive hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Alexa and Gionna made their way to the ring. Once they were in the ring, "Sky's the Limit" hit and the crowd booed as Sasha and Eva stepped out onto the stage. There was obvious tension between Alexa and Sasha as the Mean Girls entered the ring. As the referee called for the bell, Eva and Gionna moved onto the ring apron, allowing the current and former Women's Champion to start the match. Sasha ran at Alexa, going for a clothesline, but Alexa ducked out of the way, then grabbed Sasha and hit a chokehold STO. Alexa stomped on Sasha several times, before whipping her against the ropes. As Sasha ran back towards her, Alexa took her down with an arm drag, then hit the Glitz Flip. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Sasha kicked out!

Corey Graves: A strong start by Alexa Bliss! She's taking the fight to the Women's Champion!

Alexa pulled Sasha to her feet, then whipped her into the corner. She tagged in Gionna Daddio, and the two women hit Sasha with a double dropkick. As Sasha staggered out of the corner, Alexa exited the ring and Gionna hit Sasha with a snapmare. Sasha got to her feet and Gionna went to whip her against the ropes, but Sasha reversed the Irish whip, pulling Gionna towards her and taking her down with a clothesline. As Gionna got to her feet, Sasha lifted Gionna up, placing her between the top and second ropes in the corner. Sasha told Eva to hold Gionna in place, then she went to the top rope, hitting a diving double knee drop on Gionna! She pulled Gionna away from the ropes and hooked the leg – 1... 2... Gionna kicked out! Sasha tagged in Eva, who pulled Gionna to her feet and set her up for the Sliced Red #2. Before Eva could hit it, Alexa Bliss ran into the ring and attacked Eva! Sasha then went after Alexa, and she threw the former Women's Champion out of the ring before exiting the ring, brawling with Alexa on the outside. In the ring, Gionna Daddio hit Eva with an enzuigiri, then rolled her up with a schoolgirl. The referee counted – 1... 2... Eva kicked out! Outside the ring, Alexa had gained the upper hand in her fight with Sasha, and she threw Sasha into the ring steps, taking her out! Alexa then moved onto the ring apron, calling for the tag. Gionna tagged Alexa back into the ring, then hit Eva with a DDT. Alexa went to the top rope, hitting the Twisted Bliss! She covered Eva and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Joey Styles: It's over! Alexa and Gionna get the victory for the Midnight Dollz!

Alexa and Gionna celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Monday Night Warfare rolled on with the evening and yet again, the attention turned to the titan-tron with the fans inside of the Allstate Arena wondering what they were going to see next.

Joey Styles: I wonder what’s going on over there?

Corey Graves: It’ll all be clear in a moment, Joey. I think I know what’s going on.

Joey Styles: What’s going on?

Corey didn’t get an opportunity to respond as the camera showed Justin Roberts outside of a huge front door, looking into the camera as he addressed the fans watching.

Justin Roberts: Ladies and gentlemen, right now I’m at the residence of the EBWF’s newest acquisition, Bobby Roode.

Roode’s name brought a chorus of cheers as Roberts continued.

Justin Roberts: We’re here at his home in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and hopefully we can catch some quick words with him. He was expecting us about half an hour ago, and we’ve been waiting for almost an hour now so let’s try this once more.

Roberts knocked on the door with his fist, as loud as he could. He waited for a few seconds before peeping his head through the glass and slowly, the door opened, the cheers started again when Bobby Roode stepped out looking smug, looking down at the shorter Roberts as he stood there in his robe. He looked at the camera in confusion and back at Justin numerous times, wondering exactly what the hell was going on.

Bobby Roode: Who the hell are you?

Justin Roberts: I…uh…from the EBWF? We were supposed to meet you here an hour ago, you requested that the company send someone so you don’t have to come to Chicago?

Bobby Roode: Yeah, but who the hell…are YOU? I’ve been keeping my eye on the EBWF lately and I can safely say I’ve never seen your face anywhere. Now I’m going to give you until the count of five to get off the property, or else I’ll have to…

Justin Roberts: No, no! Look!

Justin and the cameraman quickly shuffled around to show their credentials as Roode observed them both, signalling them with his head to follow him inside.

Bobby Roode: Take your shoes off, Tracy just had the floors cleaned.

Roberts looked into the camera confused and a little embarrassed, showcasing his bright yellow socks as Roode looked down at him in disgust, shaking his head. He continued to walk through his house, as Roberts and the cameraman tried to keep up.

Justin Roberts: Uh…I think over here will be fine.

Bobby turned around, in great disgust again, as he squared up to the smaller Roberts.

Bobby Roode: Fine? You think here is…fine? If it’s fine, then it’s not good enough for me, you understand? No, I talk and you listen because there’s probably a good reason the company doesn’t use you on-screen, and I’m beginning to see it. You’re going to stay quiet, you’re going to follow me while I carry on with my day, as I planned, you’ll ask your questions, I’ll answer, and then you’ll leave. Understand?

Justin shook his head in agreement quickly. Roode continued to walk through his huge house, and eventually stopped outside a room. He took off his slippers, before gracefully dropping his robe onto the floor and opening the door, entering his own sauna. He walked inside with the other two standing outside, not wanting to come in.

Justin Roberts: We’ll be fine here, I think.

Bobby Roode: You’ll be fine out there, will you? Okay…you stand out there, you don’t get a word out of me and you fly back to Chicago with no content and Wes Ikeda hands your ass to your cameraman and your cameraman's ass to you in your two hands and sends you home for good and you're never seen again. So get in, sit still and when I’m ready, I’ll talk.

Justin hesitantly walked in, clearly too warm in his suit as he sat next to Bobby, who began to rest his head backwards, and even pulled two cucumber slices from out of nowhere to put them on his eyes, with the cameraman frantically cleaning the lens. The screen faded to black for a few seconds, before fading in again, and it was obvious some time had passed. Bobby was still relaxing, and Justin was now seen with his blazer on the floor, his pants rolled up to his knees, his shirt button undone and his sleeves rolled up trying to gasp for air.

Bobby Roode: Okay, let’s make this quick.

Justin Roberts: How…how does it feel to be an EBWF superstar again?

Bobby Roode: You know what, kid? It feels freakin’ amazing. I have people like you chasing me, asking why the EBWF and why not elsewhere. I have people wanting me to appear on talk shows, and commercials and I’ve had to reject so many already. I did this so my boys could see me wrestle here, and I’m still a selfish bastard, I’ve got unfinished business here. I’m here to finish what I started, and I’m not stopping until I get to the very top, right where I belong. Tell me this, do you think I want to be remembered as the guy who had one-month tag team title reign with somebody as ridiculous as Petey Williams?

Justin Roberts: Perhaps there’s…

Bobby Roode: No, you're right. I don’t. I don’t need anybody holding me down. I don’t need to rely on anybody else but me now. I called you here today to officially tell the EBWF and the fans that I’ll be there…next week.

Justin Roberts: You’re making your debut next week; can we get an exclusive…who will be your first opponent?

Roode lifted up one cucumber to look up at Justin and to check if he was still alive, before resting his head back again.

Bobby Roode: Nobody said anything about a debut. Nobody is ready for that yet, least of all the company. I’ll be there to visit a very special guest, who will be accompanying me all over the world for a few weeks, because we have some…business to look into. You want an exclusive? You tell everyone Bobby Roode makes his re-debut at Survivor Series, and I promise you…it’s going to be…

Roode lifted up the cucumbers and looked right at Justin, sitting up as he spoke to him.

Bobby Roode: Glorious.

He stared at Justin for a little while before pointing at the door, and he ran out while he could still breathe as Roode smiled, resting his head back.

Corey Graves: Wow, there you have it folks! That’s the big news! Bobby Roode makes his debut in the EBWF at Survivor Series this month! I can’t wait!

Joey Styles: Yeah but…why is he coming here next week if he doesn’t intend on competing? Who could he be meeting?

Corey Graves: You’ll have to find out next week, Joey!

MATCH THREE

"Trenches" by Pop Evil hit and the crowd booed as Roman Reigns made his way to the ring for the next match, accompanied by his advocate, Paul Heyman.

Joey Styles: Still to come, we've got Sami Zayn and Alex Riley versus Jimmy Havoc and Baron Corbin in our main event, but first the "Big Dog", Roman Reigns, will take on the PTG Champion, PJ Black.

Corey Graves: PJ Black is just days away from setting a new record as the longest reigning PTG Champion, and I'm sure he'll want to continue to build momentum with another win here tonight.

Once Reigns had entered the ring, "Obtuse" by Peroxwhy?gen hit and the PTG Champion, PTG Black, headed to the ring. Once Black was in the ring, his music was cut and the referee called for the bell. Reigns charged towards Black, pummelling him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Black ran back towards him, Reigns went for a clothesline, but Black ducked out of the way, then ran against the opposing set of ropes, before hitting Reigns with a flying forearm smash. Reigns staggered backwards, but remained on his feet, and Black went for a spinning kick, but Reigns ducked out of the way, then lifted Black up, hitting a spinebuster.

Joey Styles: Great back and forth action so far!

Reigns pulled Black to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit him with multiple corner clotheslines. He dragged Black out of the corner, whipping him against the ropes before hitting a Samoan drop. Reigns hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Reigns pulled Black to his feet and hit him with some right hands, but Black fought back, hitting a jawbreaker. Reigns staggered backwards, and Black took him down with a slingblade, then followed it up with a springboard moonsault. Black covered Reigns and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Black got to his feet and stomped on Reigns several times, but Reigns rolled out of the way and got to his feet. Black went for a discus elbow smash, but Reigns blocked it, then lifted Black up, hitting a tilt-a-whirl slam. Black struggled to his feet, and Reigns hit him with the Superman punch!

Corey Graves: Superman punch! This could be it!

Reigns hooked the leg – 1... 2... Black kicked out! Reigns got to his feet once more, signalling for the Spear! He waited for Black to get to his feet, and when the PTG Champion was up, Reigns charged towards him... but Black moved out of the way, and Reigns collided with the ring post. Black then moved onto the ring apron and climbed the turnbuckle, hitting Reigns with a tornado DDT. Black moved onto the ring apron once more, springboarding off the top rope and hitting a 450 Splash! He covered Reigns and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Joey Styles: It's over! Another victory for PJ Black!

Corey Graves: He's on a roll right now, Joey!

Black celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

Joey Styles: Still to come, Chris Jericho will celebrate his historic tenth EBWF World Championship reign.

Corey Graves: And right now we have some tag team action!

Sami Zayn came to the ring first, getting the crowd worked up, but not looking overly confident considering who his tag team partner would be. “Say It to My Face” brought the arrival of Alex Riley who was accompanied by The Miz.

Corey Graves: I really don’t know how I’m going to withstand a year of this. This is beneath Miz!

Joey Styles: It was the deal, Corey!

The Broken came to the ring next. Havoc and Corbin were booed mercilessly by the crowd, but they threw their hands up anyway when they got into the ring. Zayn started off with Havoc and they went at it. Zayn got the upperhand and was hyped up, the crowd playing along. Corbin came in and Zayn dropped him. Riley came in and they double teamed The Broken! Miz looked beside himself on the outside.

Joey Styles: Wow, Zayn and Riley making an attempt to gel here.

The teams exchanged more back and forth as The Broken took control after some double teaming. Havoc worked over Zayn, and Corbin got in a cheap shot on Riley from the floor.

Corey Graves: Look at Miz! He’s not even trying to come to A.Ry’s defense!

Corbin tagged in for more double teaming. Zayn finally got an opening for a tag and Riley rallied. Havoc tagged in and cut Zayn off once again. Havoc taunted Zayn and kept control as fans booed now. They continued working on Zayn's back and whipped him hard into the corner again. Corbin dropped Zayn on his back with another suplex for another 2 count. Corbin keeps Zayn grounded while talking trash now. Zayn reached for a tag but Corbin slammed him again as fans boo. Havoc came in, and The Broken followed up with another double team on Zayn, and another as they continue to destroy him. Zayn ducked two clotheslines and collided in mid-air with Havoc on a crossbody. Riley and Corbin tagged in and went at it. Riley knocked Havoc off the apron as well. Riley kept control and hit a big belly-to-belly suplex. Riley readied for a take down but got sent into the turnbuckle instead. Zayn tagged himself in and nailed the neckbreaker on Havoc. He flew toward Baron Corbin and hit another Neckbreaker. Zayn dropped Corbin with the Helluva Kick, and went for the pin. 1..2..3!

Corey Graves: That...was not what I was expecting.

Miz was shouting “What?” from ringside.

Joey Styles: Well there’s an unlikely team.

The referee raised Zayn and Riley’s arms in victory as EBWF went to commercial.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, a video package began to play titled "CelebraTEN: The story of Chris Jericho's historic achievement". The video went through Jericho's previous nine World Title victories, before recapping his victory over AJ Styles at Fanniversary. As the video faded, a gold "10" appeared on the tron. A ten second countdown began, and as the countdown reached zero, the camera cut to the stage, where a giant wall was set up with the word "Jericho" written on it. Fireworks blasted out of the wall, and the wall began to crumble. Behind the wall was the EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho, his arms outstretched. Jericho wore a light-up jacket, and the lights on the back were shaped like a number 10. It was obvious that Jericho wanted to go all out for his celebration of breaking the record for the most EBWF World Title reigns. As Jericho turned around, he had the World Title around his waist, and a big grin on his face. Jericho stepped over the broken wall, and made his way down the ramp to the ring. As Jericho entered the ring, royal blue and gold confetti fell from the rafters. Finally, Jericho's music was cut, and he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Chicago! What a week this has been. Last week, the Chicago Cubs ended their 108 year wait to win the World Series...

Inevitably, as soon as Jericho mentioned the Cubs winning the World Series, he was drowned out by cheers from the crowd. He nodded, then waited for the noise to die down.

Chris Jericho: I know... go Cubs go! I mean, you got lucky and you didn't deserve to win the World Series, but a win is a win right?

The crowd began to boo, and Jericho smirked.

Chris Jericho: The point is, the Cubs made history. They overcame the curse of the goat... and now, just five days later, you get to be in the presence of THE GOAT. The Greatest Of All Time. There's something in the air, Chicago. Can you feel it? It's the Gift of Jericho... drink it in, man.

Jericho held out his arms, causing the crowd to boo even louder.

Chris Jericho: Quiet! This isn't a night for negativity, Chicago. This is a night for celebration. Last Sunday at Fanniversary, 12 years after I won my first World Title, I broke the record that Raven had set just a few months earlier. Finally, 15 years after I debuted here in the EBWF, I cemented my place in the record books. I secured my place as the best in the world at what I do. Because I have accomplished something that no one else has ever done, something no one else ever will do. I am a ten-time EBWF World Champion. Ten times, baby! This is my night. And now that I've made history, it's time...

Before Jericho could say anything more, "Phenomenal" by CFO$ hit, and the crowd cheered as AJ Styles ran to the ring. Jericho looked furious, and after yelling "you stupid idiot!" he went to his Styles with the microphone. Styles slapped the microphone away, then pummelled Jericho with a series of punches. As Jericho tried to fight back, Styles kicked him in the midsection, then lifted him up, hitting a brainbuster. As Jericho hit the mat, the World Title came loose from around his waist. Styles ripped Jericho's jacket off, and pulled Jericho to his feet, setting him up for the Styles Clash. Jericho countered with a back body drop and grabbed his jacket and title, trying to make a quick exit. As Jericho exited the ring, Styles got to his feet and jumped over the top rope, taking Jericho down with a suicide dive! Styles threw Jericho back into the ring, then climbed onto the ring apron. He waited for Jericho to get to his feet, and hit the Phenomenal Forearm!

Corey Graves: I can't believe it, Joey! AJ Styles just ruined Chris Jericho's celebration ceremony!

Joey Styles: AJ was screwed out of the World Title by Wes Ikeda, but Wes is nowhere to be seen tonight... so he's taking his frustrations out on Ikeda's co-conspirator, Chris Jericho!

Corey Graves: Who said Jericho had anything to do with Wes' involvement at Fanniversary? Maybe he would have addressed that if Styles hadn't attacked him!

Styles stood over Jericho as Warfare went off the air.