The Reign of the Drama King Begins

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

The Reign of the Drama King Begins

Post by Billy »

The scene opened on Aiden English sitting in a small blue plastic chair. He had a small book closed in his lap. In front of him was a crowd of fifteen or twenty small children and one older female librarian. The kids were all murmuring to each other. The librarian stepped in between the children and Aiden.

Librarian : Alright children, today we have a special guest reader. His name is Aiden English and he wants to read you a book called the King and the Viper. Let’s all give him our full attention and be polite.

Aiden adjusted himself in the too small chair and opened the small book so that the kids could see the illustrations held within. He let out a small cough to clear his throat.

Aiden English : Once there was a great King whom all the people of the land loved with all their hearts. The King walked along the path to his spectacular castle. Gold brick lined the royal path of greatness on either side. The King admired the bricks as he walked leisurely along the path. He had passed many subjects and overcome many trials but those were all behind him. This day the King spotted at the side of the path a sneaky serpent hiding among the short grass. It coiled into a ball as the King neared. “Who walksss along my humble hillssside path,” the snake hissed at the mighty King. “Lowly snake it is I, King of this land, on my journey to the castle” the King replied. “Come clossser so that I might insssspect your face. I will know if you are indeed the King himself.” The King stepped closer to the snake.

Kid 1 : No, he’ll bite the king!

Librarian : Settle down please, let Mr. English finish the story.

Aiden English : Don’t worry. The King stepped closer to the snake and he said, “Why would you know the face of the King? I have never before seen you.” The snake slithered closer to the King. “But I have ssseen you. I sssee many things and people who do not notice me,” the snake hissed. “You are so dangerous, how could any miss you?” The King kept a close eye on the snake. “On a path as long as this, I am boring and uncolorful. I am not a spectacle. I may strike but only then would a traveler notice me,” the snake moved closer.

Kid 2 : Watch out!

Librarian : Hush! I said hush!

Several of the kids echoed the sentiment in whispers. Aiden English laughed a bit and gave a hand motion for the kids to calm down.

Aiden English : The King placed the bottom of his boot on the snake’s neck. “You will not strike me serpent,” the King commanded. “I would never. You are a mighty ruler and I am but a snake. What purpose could biting you serve?” The King shook his head at the snake. “I am no fool. You seek to strike me and end my reign. I will not let loose my crown so easily.” The snake hissed at the King and struggled under his boot. “Your nature does not surprise me, you are a viper and you intend to strike your foe. I am not your foe, I am your superior. I will be respected,” the King said to the snake.

Kid 3 : Oh wow! The King is too smart for that snake!

Kid 4 : Yeah!

Librarian : If you don’t stop talking we’re going to ask Mr. English to leave.

Aiden had placed his hand on the librarian’s shoulder. She looked back at him.

Aiden English : It’s okay, they are just kids. “I have no bettersss,” the snake hissed. The king took out a small dagger and the snake by his neck. He pinned the snake to the tree with his dagger and hung a large and shiny gold necklace around him. “Now, none will overlook you. Among your kind no one will be higher. And, now you will keep to your word and not strike at the King.” The snake writhed and wiggled to get free but he could not. “You will stay there and be my sign. Letting all who pass know the King protects this path from even the lowest villains,” the King said to the snake. The King continued on his path to the castle and the snake was held there for all of time as a sign that the King protected that path to the castle. The End.

The kids clapped and the librarian stepped in between them and Aiden. Aiden looked around the woman and made faces at the kids who started laughing and making faces back. The librarian got angry and put her hands on her hips.

Librarian : You kids have been very disrespectful to our guest. Now you’re being disrespectful to me! Storytime is over!

The scene faded to black and back up on Aiden English standing in front of a black screen with the EBWF King of the Ring logo centered on it. He shifted his weight from side to side for a moment and then nodded to someone behind the camera.

Aiden English : Storytime is over and it’s time to get serious! Serious about how the plot against the career trajectory of Aiden English continues this week at Warfare. This week I take on Randy Orton in the first round of the King of the Ring tournament. The FUTURE King of the Ring takes on the Viper and Wes Ikeda deems it worthy of middle of the show placement? The best decision Wes ever made was giving ME a spot on the roster and now he’s wasting my talent, wasting my name and wasting my time in the middle of the show. I AM NOT a middle of the show talent. You’re witnessing the future of this company NO, the future of this entire damn business in the ring! I’m the best and the brightest this sport has to offer and Wes wants to hold me back because he knows I’ll outshine all his handpicked favorites. He’s afraid to put my name and image on the banners and billboards because he knows the arenas he selects can’t hold the crowd I’d draw headlining. I’m tired of being treated like second rate talent. I’m tired of seeing guys like Mysterio, Finn Balor and AJ Styles getting better show position than the Drama King! I’m tired of the way I’m being treated and it’s time I do something about it. This, is an open call to anyone who has been mistreated or ignored by EBWF management. There’s a new movement brewing, a dissension among the ranks. We’re going to take what we’re owed, by hook or by crook. Any means necessary. This isn’t the weak and feeble Yes Movement. No, this is a movement of unequal proportion. This isn’t the mysterious and enigmatic invasion of Finn Balor and Strowman. I am offering to assist those who have been wronged in getting justice, for I shall have mine!

Aiden English took a long deep breath and calmed himself down. He looked at his watch and then back to the camera. He sighed.

Aiden English : Sorry, sometimes my emotions get the better of me. But, let’s shift focus for a moment away from corruption and collusion to the future. I’ve mentioned before that wrestling has a certain patronage. A veritable pantheon of icons who have come before and moved on. This week I will beat Randy Orton and advance in the King of the Ring tournament. It is the first step to the brightest star in the EBWF taking his place among the competitive constellation of myth and legend. I’m on a road to greatness. A path that leads to the throne and then onward to gold and glory. At the side of that path lies a Viper ready to strike at the bootheels of my greatness. To be drug down the road further than it could ever slither on its own. A parasitic passenger on my journey to the top. The Viper seeks to taste the greatness inherit in my being. My greatness, being too spectacular for that Viper, shall turn to bitter bile on the lips and fangs and tongue. He will have bitten off more than he might chew and so he shall choke on the greatness he seeks to grasp but is incapable of holding onto. Randy Orton will walk into Warfare a hopeful contender to the crown and walk out a beaten man. Beaten like Daniel Bryan. Beaten like Shane Douglas. Beaten like Tyler Breeze.

Aiden leaned forward and clicked on an unseen mouse. The background behind him changed to an image of a crown top center and the King of the Ring bracket filling up most of it. He pointed to the match between himself and Orton.

Aiden English : Randy Orton got the worst draw of the tournament facing me in the first round. But, he’s not the only person out of luck. No, the entire bracket is. The road to the throne leads through Aiden English, and it’s a journey no one will see through. The throne belongs to me because I am the only TRUE KING of EBWF! Not the Demon King, Finn Balor. Not the King of Crazy, Mankind. Not the Half Sized King, Neville. Not the King of… Well not Jericho or the Miz or Kenny Omega. No! I WILL BE THE KING OF THE RING! No one will stand in my way. This week Randy Orton gets the Director’s Cut and is Cut from the tournament. He is not skilled enough, tough enough or smart enough to handle the Drama King. He’s just another victim of Wes Ikeda putting people in my way. He’s about to go on vacation. Like Bryan, Douglas and Breeze. He’s about to get put on medical leave. He’s about to take his final Curtain Call, bow to the King and exit MY STAGE!

Aiden English smirked at the camera as the scene faded to black. Aiden’s Curtain Call logo faded into the middle of the screen and the video ended.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*