Into the Spotlight

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Into the Spotlight

Post by Ben M »

Monday, May 21 2018 – Nashville, Tennessee

In the opening match of the 2018 King of the Ring tournament, Braun Strowman had defeated the debuting Neville to advance to the second round. Braun had ambitions to take the crown that his former tag team partner, Jimmy Havoc, had claimed last year, and he was already analysing the bracketology, working out who he would need to beat to become King. Braun's opponent for the second round would be Randy Orton – a former King of the Ring, and the longest reigning World Champion in EBWF history – or Aiden English, a relative newcomer. Braun watched the match on a monitor backstage, scouting both men but expecting to face Orton. He smirked as he watched Orton pummel Aiden English with punches and kicks in the corner, appreciating Orton's aggressive ring style. Braun then reacted with shock as English caught Orton off guard with a low blow, then hit the Director's Cut and pinned him for the 3 count!

Mauro Ranallo: I don’t believe it! Aiden English has beaten Randy Orton... what an upset!

Corey Graves: It’s not an upset, that was brilliant! Aiden English is now 4 and 0!

As he watched the end of Warfare, Braun muttered to himself "4 and 0, huh? I've lost count of how many matches I've won". He then headed back to his hotel, wondering whether he would be the next person to be "upset" by Aiden English.

Monday, June 4 2018 – Little Rock, Arkansas

Once again, Braun Strowman was backstage at Warfare, watching his next opponent in action and scouting him. This time, Aiden English was competing in a triple threat match with Marty Scurll and Rob Van Dam, to determine the new number one contender for the Breakout Championship. Unlike when he had watched Aiden English compete against Randy Orton, this time Braun expected English to win. The only question mark Braun had was whether the Breakout Title was beneath English; Braun wondered if the self-proclaimed "Drama King" would be better suited to the Gateway Championship. Of course, winning King of the Ring put you in line for a World Title shot, and that was Braun's aspiration. As he wondered what the powers that be had in mind for both himself and Aiden English, Braun watched English take out Rob Van Dam, then hit Marty Scurll with the Director's Cut and pin him for the 3 count.

Braun Strowman: I guess that makes him 5 and 0 now...

As Braun watched Aiden English celebrate, Renee Young approached him.

Renee Young: Excuse me, Braun? Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about your opponent next week, Aiden English?

Braun turned to face her and shrugged.

Braun Strowman: Not at all, but you know me Renee. I'm not much of a talker. I prefer to let me actions speak for me.

Renee Young: I understand. But I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I didn't interview ahead of a big match.

Braun smirked.

Braun Strowman: And how can I refuse someone so charming? Go ahead, ask your questions.

The camera started rolling, Renee set the scene, then began the interview.

Renee Young: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, Braun Strowman. Braun, a few moments ago we saw Aiden English defeat Marty Scurll and Rob Van Dam in a triple threat match, becoming the number one contender for the Breakout Championship. You will face English next week in the first second round match of the King of the Ring tournament. English has a 5-0 record in his EBWF career thus far, while you have never been pinned or submitted. How do you rate your chances against Aiden English? Will you be the superstar to hand him his first defeat?

Braun Strowman: Well Renee, Aiden English is obviously a very confident guy. You can tell that by the fact that he never shuts up. But let's have a look at the superstars he's beaten in his 5 EBWF matches to date. Shane Douglas... a 53 year old has been who was never very good, even in his prime. Daniel Bryan... an extremely talented wrestler, no doubt about it, but someone whose career has been curtailed by injuries. Tyler Breeze... a guy who is more concerned about being "pretty" than being successful. Randy Orton... the biggest notch on Aiden's belt to date, but he had to cheat to win. And just now, Rob Van Dam and Marty Scurll... an old-timer and the guy who probably has the longest losing streak in EBWF history. It's an impressive run, Renee, no doubt about that. But he's never faced someone like me, because there isn't another superstar quite like me. I am a monster, and when I get my hands on Aiden English, I will tear him limb from limb.

Renee Young: I interviewed Aiden English a few weeks ago, after he beat Randy Orton, and he seemed confident that he could beat you. He said that you were bigger and stronger than he is, but he's smarter and faster, more talented and hungrier too. Would you care to respond to that?

Braun smirked.

Braun Strowman: He said he was better looking too... clearly you disagree, and so do the dozens of girls who throw themselves at me after every show.

Renee didn't know what to say to that, and her cheeks reddened, which made Braun laugh.

Braun Strowman: In all seriousness, Renee, I didn't come to EBWF to win the Hottie of the Year award. I don't care whether people think I'm good looking or not, it's not a beauty contest. And I certainly don't care what Aiden English thinks of me. In terms of technical wrestling ability, he probably is "more talented" than me. But I'm a brawler, and in a fist fight there is no way Aiden would be able to handle when he got these hands. As for being smarter and faster, what's he going to do? Run away from me? Try something underhanded like he did against Randy Orton? I've seen what he's capable of, and I'm prepared for it. I am the strongest superstar on the EBWF roster, and that's why no one has pinned or submitted me. If Aiden English really thinks he can be the first guy to do that, he'll need to have more tricks up his sleeve than Harry Potter.

Renee Young: You talked then about never being pinned or submitted, Braun. In the King of the Ring tournament last year, you were disqualified, your only singles loss to date. Is that something that plays on your mind?

Braun Strowman: It does, but only because I was determined to win the tournament. It's the same this year. It's time I stepped out of the shadows, and into the spotlight.
Ben M

Re: Into the Spotlight

Post by Ben M »

OOC: I wanted to do more with this, but I had a busy weekend and then last night I was feeling unwell. Good luck Billy!
Billy

Re: Into the Spotlight

Post by Billy »

Awesome roleplay from start to finish!

“He said he was better looking too... clearly you disagree, and so do the dozens of girls who throw themselves at me after every show.”

Slayed me! I almost dropped my phone laughing!
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*