The Art of Warfare

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

The Art of Warfare

Post by Billy »

---------------------------------------------------------------------
June 11th 2018 : Kansas City, MO : Warfare

Christy Hemme was standing backstage at Warfare as the show came back from commercial. Aiden English was standing next to her, looking more than a little smug. He had on a black t-shirt with a new Drama King design incorporating golden drama masks, music notes and the words “by hook or by crook”.

Christy : Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is EBWF superstar Aiden English.

Aiden coughed.

Christy : I’m sorry, number one contender for the Breakout Championship, Aiden English.

Aiden : Thank you Christy for such a wonderful introduction. It’s nice to see someone with a little more professional conduct than Renee Young.

Christy : Okay…

Aiden : Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll do great.

Christy was taken back by this comment and maybe a bit flustered. She shook her head and stared at Aiden in disbelief.

Christy : You know this isn’t my first interview right?

Aiden put his hand up to his chin and raised his eyebrows.

Aiden : Hmmm, well practice makes perfect. Keep your chin up kid.

Christy’s attitude wavered slightly, but she fought to keep a smile on her face. It was clear that Aiden English was the common denominator in frustration at having to interview him on camera. Eagle eyed viewers might have noticed the clenched left fist hanging at Christy’s side.

Christy : Aiden, you just beat Braun Strowman to continue to the quarterfinals of the King of the Ring Tournament. However, some might consider your victory tonight tainted by interference on the part of Tommaso Ciampa. What would you say to those who question your ability to win without using underhanded tactics?

Aiden tilted his head to the side and stared at Christy. The pause was long and awkward, she started to say something to break the silence but Aiden cut her off. It was almost like he was waiting for her to try and say something. She was clearly frustrated by his continued antics.

Aiden : There’s a keyword you had in the middle of that obviously biased question. I won. Does it matter how I won? Do you think I care if the fans don’t like the way I won? No! I won! I AM the better man. I am the FIRST person to pin Braun Strowman in an EBWF ring. Now when people talk about the big bad Braun Strowman all they can say is that he’s never been submitted.

Christy : Are you worried about retribution at the hands of Braun Strowman?

Aiden : Worried? About Strowman? What part of this isn’t connecting up there Christy? Like I said going into this match, there is no reason to fear a man who has already been beat and Braun Strowman has been beat. He’s been beat by the Drama King! I don’t fear what he might do.

Christy : It seems like you’ve had a massive boost in confidence after this win.

Aiden stroked his chin and posed like a true Adonis. He ran a hand over his beard and head before giving Christy a wink and a nod. She shook her head, resisting the urge to put her face in her palms.

Aiden : You know what Braun Strowman said about me? He said I was a confident guy. That’s what he told Renee Young. Aiden English is a confident guy. People throw that word around like being confident is a bad thing, like my confidence isn’t earned. I’m confident because I win. I never shut up because I don’t need to shut up. I can backup each word, and I’ve proven that time and time again in EBWF. I’m not a joke, I’m not a fluke, I’m not writing checks I can’t cash. My words are money. You can take my promises and my threats to the bank.

Christy : How do you…

Aiden held up a finger at Christy and she fell silent. The rage building inside of her was becoming harder and harder to keep a lid on. It was clear by his smirk that Aiden was finding some sort of pleasure in pushing her buttons.

Aiden : No! I’m not done talking about Braun! See, for being a man of few words Braun sure had a lot to say about me to Renee. He talked the same big game I did before our match tonight. Yeah, he ran his mouth plenty. He said that he was prepared for anything I was capable of. In fact, he said I better have more tricks up my sleeve than a certain boy who lived. Well, and Braun I hope you’re listening to this one real close. Avada Kedavra! I just killed your chance at becoming this years King of the Ring!

Christy : You do recognize that you had a bit of help in pinning Braun tonight?

It was Aiden’s turn to flash the look of someone who’s been taken aback. He almost reeled backwards as the question hit him square in the chest. His mock surprise quickly faded though and his devilish grin returned with a bit of a chuckle.

Aiden : Well yeah, I understand what had to be done. I’m the one who set it all in motion. Maybe that whole mind set is being lost on the people around here. I’m not afraid to do what needs to be done. I’m not worried about how people view me. I deserve respect and I aim to claim that respect and my victories by hook or by crook. Ever cracked open a record book? When other professional sports give a teams win and loss record do they put a little asterisk next to it with a note that says…

Aiden held up his hands and gave his most exaggerated air quotes to date.

Aiden : There were some questionable calls in this game? No, they don’t do that. A win counts as a win, a loss counts as a loss. I’m six and zero Christy. I’ve got a perfect record. Sure, I’ve done it by questionable means. Sure, some people don’t like that. Those people, the ones who take issue with it. They can climb in the ring and tell me my methods are wrong. Then I’ll beat them the same way I beat Strowman. Now, I would be remiss if I didn’t stop to thank more than one person tonight though. Because, there were a couple people instrumental in my pinfall victory over Braun. Let’s be clear about that thought, it was a win. I did win! I move on to the next round, he’s been eliminated. I need to thank Ciampa, he was very clearly a big part of my strategy for beating Braun. Sure, I owe him a favor going forward but a man pays his debts. Honestly, it was well worth it. That being said, a special thanks needs to go out to Jimmy Havoc.Those who follow EBWF’s next King of the Ring on twitter already know that this whole plan involving Tommaso was thanks to the comments of Havoc. He offered up a bit of joke advice for beating his former partner. Tickle his knees. Great joke, and it got me to thinking about Braun Strowman’s actual weaknesses. Sun Tzu says that if you know yourself and you know your enemy, you never need to fear losing. That’s right Christy, I’m an educated man. I’ve known myself since I walked through the doors here. I’ve known what I was willing to do, where I was going and what it would take to get there. This week I had to get to know Braun Strowman that intimately. Part of getting to know Braun Strowman was learning about his past. A past that put him in conflict with Ciampa. The rest, as they say is history.

Aiden ended his rant with a flourish of his right hand in a small circle. He tilted his chin upwards and looked down his nose at Christy and the camera. Christy’s tone got more aggressive as she continued with her interview.

Christy : After tainted wins over both Strowman and Orton, how do you respond to the people who say you don’t deserve to be in the quarterfinals?

Aiden : Clearly they misunderstand how things work. I won. A win is a win, is a win, is a win. When I get in the ring I get things done. Look at this tournament and you’ll see that I’ve had the toughest row to hoe to get to this point. If anyone deserves to be in this stage of the tournament it’s clearly the Drama King. I’ve been fighting my way out of the proverbial group of death to claim the prize that’s almost in sight.

An exasperated sigh slipped out of Christy but Aiden seemed to not notice.

Christy : What should we expect out of you in this round of the tournament when you go one on one with Heath Slater next week on Warfare?

Aiden : Business as usual. I’m going to dismantle the one man band and send him marching back to the trailer park. He’s been in and out of the company I hear, and he’s working on a HUGE comeback tour. The problem with his comeback is that it’s just hit its first real setback. A loss to Aiden English is about to ruin his chances at moving into the palace he has his heart set on. Heck, it’s about to ruin his chances at a new double wide. You remember I mentioned that line from Sun Tzu a moment ago Christy?

Christy : Yeah.

Aiden : Heath Slater, he’s clearly a guy who knows himself. He knows why he’s here, knows what he’s fighting for, knows what is at stake. He’s been cooped up in that tiny tin can he calls a home so long that he knows everything there is to know about Heath Slater. Judging by his questions before their match tonight, he doesn’t seem to be the kind to learn a lot about his enemy. He knew Almas had a manager. Not a hard thing to know, she’s louder than I am. He knew he could beat Almas. He even knew that Almas was going to have to start back at the bottom. He didn’t know what Almas was fighting for. And, maybe Almas didn’t know what he was fighting for and that’s why he’s not fighting for it next week. Me, I listen and observe. I prepare and plan. I’m already working on my plan for dealing with Heath Slater. I’ve already begun my research. I watched him gallivant around the ring with a microphone. I watched him secure the win over Almas. He has been weighted, he has been measured. He’s already been beat, there’s nothing left but the crying.

Christy : What do you mean?

Aiden : Have you ever heard me say there was a chance that someone was going to beat me?

Christy shook her head but Aiden didn’t give her a chance to answer audibly.

Aiden : No, you haven’t. There’s no need to answer that. See, the moment you let that sort of doubt creep into the back of your mind you’ve already lost. Just like Heath has already lost to the Drama King. But, he’s done well. He’s made it to the quarter finals and he’s done it by winning matches and not being handed byes. Obviously he’s had a lot of luck in getting less talented opponents. Unfortunately his luck has run out just like his time in this tournament.

Christy : Heath Slater did say he didn’t want to get beat because he had his head in the future. Do you think you’re looking past Heath Slater?

Aiden : Absolutely not. He’s got a family to fight for. He’s got drive. He’s got momentum. He’s got nothing to lose. He’s at the bottom of the barrel, HELL he is the bottom of the barrel. Wes had to scrape him up to fill out this tournament. He just happens to be surprising people who aren’t paying attention. I’m watching. Almas may be tending his wounds, getting back in line and learning from his loss tonight. But, when I finish with Heath Slater, the only line he’s going to be crawling into is the unemployment line. A few weeks from now and Wes won’t have to cut him a check because he’ll be back to picking up his welfare if he’s lucky.

Aiden’s look grew more sinister for a moment.

Aiden : If he’s unlucky, he’s going to be sending Beulah down to cash all his disability checks. He should have stayed home and waited for Hollywood. He should have sat on his couch and prayed for his music career. He should have stayed gone from professional wrestling. Because, I’m going to have to hurt him. I’m going to have to break his spirit, smash his body and crush his dreams. Christy, do you mind if I say something to the man himself?

Christy was obviously confused.

Christy : Go ahead?

Aiden : Heath. You want to know why I’m fighting? You want to know why King of the Ring is so important to me? What drives me to be the best man in this tournament? I’m going to let you in on a little secret about my motivations. You see, I don’t need a crown, I’m already royalty. I’m the Drama King. No, the reason I’m here. The reason I’m going to beat you. The reason I’m going to be the next KING OF THE RING. It’s because the idea of someone like you becoming a King sickens me. The thought of you and your dumpster diving clan claiming to be royalty makes me vomit. See you and Ken Shamrock, you have a lot in common. Mediocre careers, both talentless and lacking true charisma. You’re practically the same wrestler, except you know Shamrock could actually wrestle. There are a lot of common bonds but there’s one other major difference, and you practically pointed it out when you brought the man up a while back. Ken Shamrock, he won his company’s tournament and had a crown. You aren’t going to do that. Your journey ends with me and there’s nothing you or anyone else can do to change that fact!

Christy : We’re running out of time, real quick what do you think about the rest of the quarterfinal matches?

Aiden looked cross as Christy said they were running out of time. Then he let out a slight chuckle like he had come up with a plan on the fly.

Aiden : You know I’m hoping things play out a certain way. I hope Jericho makes it to the semifinals. I hope Rollins makes it to the semifinals.

He took a deep breath.

Aiden : Not only because I’d like to see both those men in the ring against one another. But, because I’d love to defeat either one of them in the final match. Honestly, part of me hopes it’s Jericho because I’ve already got my meal ticket to beating Rollins.

Aiden coughed and held up a finger asking for a second. He cleared his throat, and then nodded in a show of being able to continue.

Aiden : The time is going to come when I get to act on being the number one contender and on that night I’m going to beat him. I’m going to take his title, I’m going to take his pride and I’m going to take him out. I might as well have another former champion under my belt before we get to that match.

He stroked his chin until Christy tried to speak up to end the interview and then he launched back into it. She was starting to catch on to what he was doing.

Aiden : Tommy End and Edge is a bit of a different beast for me. It has consequences that come up a lot quicker. It has more impact on my immediate career. You know, I said I owe Havoc a thanks for his help with Braun and what better thanks could I give him than beating the snot out of the guy who eliminated him? To end the chances of being King of Tommy End? Might even bring Havoc on in the same capacity as Ciampa.

Aiden rolled his head about like he was physically rolling the thought around in his head. Christy began tapping her foot.

Aiden : On the other hand though, Randy Orton and Edge are good friends. The temptation to pin both members of that pairing is strong. Besides, it seems my beating Orton motivated Edge to take a more rules fluid approach to the tournament. I’m obviously his role model now and I’d like to fight someone who is willing to do what it takes to win. Even if he doesn’t have a chance at pinning me. Come to think of it I’d also like to pop Orton in the mouth one more time when he gets himself involved.

Aiden tried putting a finger up again but Christy pushed his hand back down and took a step toward the camera. Her composure was eroded and her tone betrayed the anger she was feeling.

Christy : That is all the time we have. Thank you again to my guest Aiden English.

Aiden gave his typical stage type bow and wink to the camera. As the shot cut away to another commercial, he exchanged irritated glances with Christy.

June 13th 2018 : Interview : rasslinroundup.com

The Rasslin Roundup podcast with William Curtis, an audio only podcast, had been promoting an interview with Aiden English for the last week. Curtis had done his typical show opening, recapped the weeks events in EBWF and dug into a couple of the bigger indy promotions. He had even covered a tiny indy in his hometown, hoping to garner them a look from some of his listeners. After a word from a handful of sponsors, the show returned.

William : Welcome back to the Rasslin Roundup, I’ve got a very special guest in the studio today in Matthew Rehwoldt. Better known by his ring name Aiden English. He’s currently working for EBWF, taking part in their annual King of the Ring and is the number one contender for the Breakout Championship. Aiden, welcome to the Roundup. I’m sure the listeners are excited to get your point of view on the industry.

Aiden : Thanks William, I’m glad to be here. This is a bit of a different experience for me. I try to be on as often as possible, and it’s nice to let that wall down and be candid once in a while.

William : A lot of us have noticed that you don’t come out of character publically very often. Why is that? What motivates you to continue the act on your own time?

Aiden : I’ve been an actor most of my life. I came up on stage. I attended Columbia College Chicago where I obtained my Bachelor’s in Arts. It’s who I am. The character is just a look at me turned up to eleven. I want the crowd to suspend disbelief when I’m in that ring and the best way to do that is to keep them separated from the person behind the character.

William : What motivated you to break character and come on the show today?

Aiden : We’ve been friends for awhile and I decided that if anyone was going to get to peer behind the curtain it should be you and your loyal listeners.

William : You know the rumor is that your wife is in talks with EBWF. What are the odds that we see the return of Raquel Diaz to professional wrestling?

Aiden : Actually, Shaul has made it very clear that at this stage in her life she has no interest in returning to in ring action. When she shows up on Warfare it will be in a strictly no wrestling capacity.

William : Is that conformation that she is in talks with the company?

Aiden : I’m not sure if I’m supposed to say this, but the talking is over. She’s already signed a contract with the company and she’s going to be showing up on television a lot sooner than people might expect.

William : Wow! Is that a Rasslin Roundup exclusive? Raquel Diaz is now an employee of EBWF!

Aiden : Yeah, I don’t think anyone else knows that right this minute.

William : Not a lot of people know that your wife is the daughter of the late Eddie Guerrero who was one of the best wrestlers of his time. What’s it like being a member of the Guerrero family?

Aiden : There are a lot of expectations. The family has a rich tradition of professional wrestling and everything I do reflects onto them whether I like it or not. If I blow a spot in the ring, or trip up on my words in a promo that’s a blemish on the family name, even if I’m not carrying it around with me. Even if there are only a handful of people watching who know what family I married into, I carry the weight of the name on my back. Sometimes it’s a crushing feeling but it has motivated me to become better at my craft. I’ve got a focus I didn’t have three years ago.

William : Do you think you owe all your current success to that focus and this new family name?

Aiden : I mean the clear thanks for the trajectory of my career is Wes Ikeda and everyone else backstage at EBWF. I guess Wes saw past how I was being used in my old company and saw my potential and made the decision to put me in the role I have right now. All I can do to thank him is perform to the best of my ability and make sure people come back hoping to see me eat my teeth.

William : People might think the two of you have a different relationship based on your interactions with each other on twitter.

Aiden : Well, I hope he knows better. That’s all work. It’s done so that people stay hooked on the product we’re selling. I want the audience to think I’m loud and obnoxious, not the boss. It’s my job to make them hate me, and I hope I’m doing that job well enough to keep the checks and the wins coming my way.

William : You’ve worked with some talented people since debuting on Warfare a couple of months ago. Is there anyone you particularly enjoyed working with? Anyone who was more difficult to work with?

Aiden : I don’t know if you were watching this week but my work with Adam, or um Braun has been some of my favorite stuff since I came on the scene. I was kind of expecting Braun to be my first loss in the company after being given the number one contender spot.

William : How did that all come about? Who put together the plan for that match? Was there any resistance from Braun?

Aiden : So Ciampa is set to return to the ring after some time away and the two of them have some unfinished heat. Braun’s fans expect his style out of him. They show up to see him throw people around and beat them down. The want the monster among men to just dominate and so it was just simple math that I couldn’t go over him clean without killing his fan base. So everyone put their heads together and this just made the most sense. No resistance from Braun, he was onboard from the jump. The man behind the monster among men is just one of the best guys you’ll ever meet. Like most big men in this industry, people judge him unfairly. He really understands the business, if management had decided to pull me out of the King of the Ring against Braun, it would have been an honor.

William : What about people you haven’t enjoyed working with?

Aiden : You know there’ve been a couple people. A couple of guys I don’t want to name because they aren’t bad guys. Just people on their way out the door or who didn’t really care about the product and the company. It’s hard to go in there and put on a show when the other person in the ring doesn’t have their head on or isn’t looking to entertain the fans.

William : Is there anyone from your past you’d like to join you in EBWF?

Aiden : I mean I’m already dragging my wife into the company. What more could I ask for?

William : No friends looking for something new?

Aiden : Oh, I’m sure a couple of them are looking for new opportunities. I’ve even had a couple of old buddies ring me up and ask for an introduction. They’re looking at the change in how I’m handled from the old company to the new one and thinking maybe they’ll have the same luck. And, I’d love to have a couple of them on the road with me. Some I’d like to work opposite of when the time comes. But, Wes and his staff are good at what they do. They know when someone is ready to come in and have success. It’s like I was telling Jeff a couple weeks ago. When Wes has plans for someone, he gets them onboard.

William : Jeff?

Aiden : Oh, yeah you might know him better as Elias from the old company. He’s a guy I’d like to work with in the future, we’ve kind of avoided each other in the ring but he’s a good friend.

William : Maybe someone is listening and this sparks a future story. I think I’d like to see the two of you working together.

Aiden : Only time will tell man. Never say never in professional wrestling.

William : We’re running out of time for the segment, anything you’d like to say to the listeners?

Aiden : You know sometimes I worry that people take the disrespect myself and other wrestlers dish out personally and I want them to know that’s not how it is. We’re playing characters in the ring and some of us take it home with us. Making people mad is the part we were given and we run with it. I know I have gotten messages wishing me or my wife harm or sometimes even threatening harm. Don’t do that. Enjoy the show, cheer for the guys you like and boo the ones you don’t. Don’t threaten an entertainer or their family.

William : I’ve had the same luck with people on here who don’t always agree with my point of view. I’m going to boo you when the show is in town, but I’m a fan of your work. And it has been great talking to you today! Thanks again for being on the show.

Aiden : Thanks for having me.

William : You can catch Aiden English every Monday on EBWF Warfare!

Aiden : And every Saturday on my YouTube show Curtain Call!

William : What he said.

The show cut away to more commercials for web services, shipped bed companies and other podcasts on the same service as the Rasslin Roundup.

June 16th 2018 : YouTube : Curtain Call

The show opened on a familiar sight. Aiden English was standing in front of a black curtain with the Curtain Call logo on it. The background music was more somber than normal and the lighting a bit more dim than previous videos. Aiden had his best sad look on and was looking down as the first shot opened. He looked up into the camera and gave some puppy dog eyes.

Aiden : A warning for the more tender hearted viewers, this episode may be hard to watch.

Aiden snapped his fingers and the curtain was pulled away revealing a high backed chair in the corner of the room. The design sensibilities of a cheap hotel were clear as day on the piece but some decorative pillows had been placed in a futile attempt to disguise it. Aiden sat down in the chair and pulled a large red book from beside it. He held the book up to show an EBWF logo on the front and some black lettering. His hand was covering a couple letters but it read “ories from the mat”.

Aiden : I’d like to read for you today a tragic tale written by a true master. This story is about how getting your hopes up isn’t always a good idea. About how you should set realistic expectations for yourself so you don’t disappoint those who love you the most. It’s a cautionary tale about a poor man who wanted to be king but when he failed to claim the throne his whole world fell apart. I present to you the Story of Heath Slater.

Aiden opened the book to a page marked by a silk ribbon and began reading.

Aiden : There was a young wrestler who lived in a shoe, and had so many kids he didn’t know what to do. He went to Ikeda who game him this job, and fed him false dreams of not being a slob. With hopes of eventually buying some dinner, Heath Slater worked at becoming a winner. He worked and he worked just to be the best, practicing and planning how to outlast the rest. He was given a match against a man named Riddle, the one man band played him like a fiddle. In a match against Almas next was he placed, and he beat the second man he had so bravely faced. He went to bed with dreams both shining and new, of leaving the trailer and bidding the park adieu. Of palaces and brunch and diamonds and bling, of all of the things fit for the crown of a king. Then came the morning to bring Slater awake, in tremors of fear did young Slater quake. A third break the father of eight wouldn’t catch, and he knew he wouldn’t win this upcoming match. A pauper and a King both prepared for a duel, as the pauper sat wondering how his fate was so cruel. On the battlefield that night the two men did meet, Heath Slater came knowing he’d already been beat. He begged and he pleaded the King’s judgement be swift, he’d lay on his back and the King’s hand they could lift. “I’m here for a contest,” King Aiden proclaimed, and proceeded to beat Slater just like he aimed. The young wrestler ran home back to his shoe, his heart was so heavy and his soul had turned blue. His wife and his kids had enough of his failure, how would they get Roscoe a brand new inhaler? They sold Brandy’s dress because rend was past due, all while Heath Slater sank deep into brew. He drank and he drank as much as a fish, his wife fed him dinner and poisoned each dish. Sicker and sicker the young pauper became. Until to the poison he one day succame.

Aiden closed the book and stared into the camera.

Aiden : You should keep this story close to your mind and reflect on it when you’re considering getting involved in something you’re not prepared for. Don’t make the same mistakes Slater made, letting your dreams cloud your judgement. Never head into battle against someone who is your better. But also think of the plight of his family. His wife for having been married to someone who could never provide. His kids for having to carry the burden of the Slater name. His oldest son, who might one day walk in his father’s footsteps. The tragedy of Heath Slater is actually the tragedy of the entire Slater Family. Some well respected authorities on the story have theorized that Beulah Slater ended up going to prison for poisoning Heath, even though the citizens of his “neighborhood” were glad to see it. One even suggested that Roscoe became the servant of the King simply to provide for the family like his father couldn’t. Brandy would go on to marry a man as unsuccessful as her father, and raise eight hopeless kids of her own. Little Ashley and Leroy eloped in county lockup.

The camera zoomed in close on Aiden's upper body. He pointed at the camera.

Aiden : Don’t be a Heath Slater. Don’t put your family through that kind of pain.

The camera panned back out, the curtains closed behind Aiden and he sat the book down on the ground.

Aiden : Thank you for joining me for another storytime on Curtain Call. My name is Aiden English, goodnight.

The shot faded to black and then up on the curtain call logo before ending.

June 18th 2018 : Des Moines, IA : Warfare

It was early in Warfare with Aiden English set to go on next. The crowd erupted into a chorus of boos as “Toreador II” by Apocalyptica played over the arena. Aiden English stepped out onto the ramp and posed, causing the crowd to grow louder in their disdain. He snapped upright and laughed at the crowd, pointing at people in the front row as he made his way toward the ring. He slid under the bottom rope and motioned for someone to bring him a microphone. He snatched it out of the hand of the person who brought it to him and then feigned as if he was going to backhand them. He walked to the middle of the ring and made a slashing motion across his neck.

Aiden : Kill the music!

The music came to an abrupt end but the crowd continued to shout down Aiden for several more seconds.

Aiden : Are you done?

A near unanimous “no” rang out through the crowd which Aiden laughed at.

Aiden : Such a warm welcome from this lovely Iowa crowd. I figured being the Hawkeye state you’d be able to spot real talent when it graced the ring.

The mention of Iowa’s nickname brought a mixture of cheers and boos. For some fans the hatred of English outweighed their pride in the state.

Aiden : Oh shut up! The King is trying to address you plebeians!

This again unified the crowd in anger for Aiden.

Aiden : Warfare is LIVE from Des Moines, Iowa! The home of the Des Moines Menace and the Iowa Cubs! We’re within spitting distance of Davenport, the home of Seth Rollins!

The crowd cheered as a whole. Aiden pulled the microphone away from his mouth and shook his head at the crowd. He let the crowd settle down for a moment.

Aiden : You guys must be excited to see him take on Finn Balor later tonight! And why wouldn’t you be, he is the closest thing to a local celebrity Des Moines is ever going to get!

Another cheap hit of heat from the crowd.

Aiden : Just on the other side of Davenport is a key landmark for the state of Iowa. The MIGHTY Mississippi River!

The crowd only slightly popped for the river.

Aiden : Really? You Iowans don’t take pride in the Mississippi River? On the other side, in Illinois, we take great pride in the Mississippi. Yeah! It’s a border. It separates the culture, class, sophistication and greatness of Illinois from this dumpy, backwater state you call home!

Aiden almost didn’t finish his sentence before the crowd drowned him out. He leaned over the top rope and pointed at members of the crowd laughing.

Aiden : The Iowa Cubs? Are you kidding me? Real original Iowa. In Chicago we have the real Cubs. The ones who can actually play the game. Not the one made up of talentless locals who can’t cut it in the majors. Yeah! You know what you guys should go ahead and adopt my opponent Heath Slater! He’s as stupid and inbred as anyone in this crowd tonight! When I leave him in this ring tonight battered and broken, you can come and scrape him off the mat like you were picking up dinner for the family. You can take him home and clean him up in the one tub of water the whole family shares at bath time. Hell, maybe you’ll even break out the bar of soap you keep around for special occasions. Heath would love it! If he cashes his paycheck at the check and go he’d be the richest man in town for once!

The crowd tried to drown him out again but Aiden wouldn’t let up this time.

Aiden : Yeah, Heath Slater is in the HOUSE! It might be the first time he’s been in a house, but he’s here! I bet he’s on the phone with Beulah, she’s had to walk up to the park manager’s house to talk. He’s talking to her like some redneck Romeo to her junk shop Juliet. Promising her the world, making plans to visit Disneyland and talking about that dream lot at the corner of the park they might be able to afford. They’re on the phone saying their hail marys and praying for a miracle that’s never going to come. He’s talking and living on borrowed minutes. That prepaid card is about to run out just like his luck and he’s going to leave Beulah standing there holding the receiver and asking if he’s okay. Not me, I didn’t leave my wife at home worrying about me. No, she’s here tonight in this building. She’s in the arena to witness my victory over Slater and congratulate me on making it to the semifinals of the King of the Ring Tournament. From there she is going to watch me go on to become the two thousand and eighteen King of the Ring.

Another out pouring of boos rang out from the fan. Aiden was beginning to lose his cool. He grunted into the microphone before continuing.

Aiden : Things change when you people witness my deconstruction of Slater. When it starts to sink into the minds of EBWF's most unintelligent fans that the Drama King IS the next King of the Ring. It's going to be one more thing the great city of Chicago can hold over your heads as the regional powerhouse it is! Once you see me live and in person you're simple minds are going to have to come to the only possible conclusion. There's no one in this tournament who can stop me. No one who can hold a candle to me and what I can do in this ring! I'm more talented, more motivated, more intelligent and AS ALWAYS better looking than anyone in this building tonight. When I'm finished claiming this crown, I'm coming for Iowa's own champion. Seth Stinkin Rollins! I'm going to strip this worthless state of the one thing it has to be proud of, and I'm going to take that to the other side of the Mississippi too. Out of reach, out of sight and lost to the Hawkeye State for good, like the chances the Cyclones will ever win a National Title! You know who else shares those kind of one in a million shots? Heath Slater! He's as likely to win this match as everyone else in this arena who isn't named Aiden English! He's outclassed in this match up just like Des Moines is outclassed by every other major city in the Midwest! Keep your eyes open idiots because things are changing in the EBWF Universe and those changes start right now!

The crowd was going crazy as Aiden English leaned over the ropes and motioned for someone to come out of the back. His theme music started back up and Raquel Diaz stepped out onto the entrance ramp. The dress she was wearing was made to match the gold color of Aiden’s tights. The crowd booed for Raquel as she made her way to the ring. Aiden sat down on the middle rope and pushed the top one up to let her into the ring. As she passed him, she took the microphone out of his hands. He followed her to the center of the ring and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Raquel : Listen here! Things in this crap heap are about to get a lot better. You see respect is a currency and Aiden English isn’t being paid what he is owed. Not by the corrupt management of this company and not by this company’s moronic fan base. You people need to open your eyes and bear witness to the talent standing before you in this ring.

Aiden showed off his biceps as he posed to another downpour of boos.

Raquel : You see, that right there. That is exactly what I am talking about! This man is the future King of the Ring! He deserves better than you people! This man is the future Breakout Champion, just as soon as he gets his hands on Seth Rollins.

Aiden nodded along to her comments.

Raquel : This man is your better and he will be given the respect he deserves! I’m here because I’m now the acting business manager of Aiden English as well as his wife. I’m here to make sure this company’s management treats him fairly and to make sure you people know why you should worship the ground he walks on!

The crowds boos grew in volume again to the point Raquel had to stop talking and wait for it to pass. After a few moments Aiden leaned back down to the mic.

Aiden : Hey! SHUT UP! The lady is trying to talk to you simpletons!

Aiden’s words had done nothing to quell the roar of the crowd. Eventually he helped Raquel out of the ring, gave her another kiss on the forehead and headed over to his corner to prepare for the match at hand. He tugged on the ropes and nodded along to whatever comments she was making from the floor.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*