The Party Pooper

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

The Party Pooper

Post by Billy »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtain Call youtube channel
Video uploaded 8/4/18
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The video opened on Aiden English wearing a buttoned up black suit. He was surrounded by a pure white background.A hard spot focused on him, washing his skin out. He unbuttoned the suit and a glare sprang from the Breakout Title strapped around his waist. The shot faded to white in a circular wipe originating from the glare spot. The shot then faded from white to another shot of Aiden. This time he was dressed more casually in black Nike shorts and a pale blue muscle shirt.

Aiden English: Welcome to the first ever CHAMPIONSHIP edition of Curtain Call, staring the EBWF Breakout Champion, ME! That’s right Aidenites, your hero has finally claimed the prize that has been his for so many weeks. Let’s jump right into the action with the ever lovely Raquel Diaz and her expose on the state of affairs in EBWF.

There was a jump cut to Raquel sitting behind a newsroom style desk with a stack of papers in her hands. She was dressed very professionally to mimic a news anchor. The shot was focused with her slightly to the right of center. In the top left corner a small box with a white border appeared. Inside the frame an image of the EBWF logo with a red downward facing arrow beside it appeared.

Raquel Diaz: Welcome to the Curtain Call News, I’m your host Raquel Diaz. Earlier this week Wes Ikeda announced Angelina Love as the new EBWF Women’s Division General Manager. This move has some long time fans questioning if choosing Wes Ikeda as the Commissioner of Warfare was the right move by the Board. This doubt, cast by his admittance that he doesn’t have time for the women of EBWF, is only enhanced by questionable ratings post Wrestlemania. On April 16th Warfare saw one of its lowest ratings in years with a show focused around Seth Rollins and Dalton Castle. The arrival of EBWF’s greatest talent acquisition in May did a lot to repair the tarnished reputation of the show. But, not even the Drama King’s defeat of Tyler Breeze could save the ratings of the April 14th episode of Warfare where Rollins and Finn Balor went one on one. Another low point in the ratings happened on the April 29th episode of Warfare were amidst the King of the Ring qualifying matches Aiden English was absent from television. The high point of the season was the following week as ratings skyrocketed as viewers watched the entire episode for the first time in months to see the triple threat main event that would decide a number one contender for the Breakout Champion. Ratings have continued to plummet since King of the Ring but rebounded sharply last week. Hopefully things stay on course or Warfare may experience lower ratings than a certain Monday night competitor. Some fans, worried about the current trend are calling for Mr. Ikeda to replicate the success of this last episode of Warfare by also stepping down from managing the EBWF Men’s Division and putting in place a new General Manager.

The image at the top left changed to a picture of Frank Woods of Tennessee Two-Step. In the picture he had a black eye and an overdone bandage wrapped around his head.

Raquel Diaz: Due to action last week, when Frank Woods interrupted a scheduled performance by musical legend Elias Samson, both members of Tennessee Two-Step have been banned from attending Warfare this week by EBWF officials. In an official statement released on the company’s facebook they cited concern for the safety of Mr. Woods and his partner Mr. O’Hare as the reason for this ban. When the duo posted pictures of tickets they purchased to attend the event as fans, EBWF again reached out to them. We have been told that the company refunded the cost of the tickets and sent both men complimentary Aiden English t-shirts.

The image again changed. This time the EBWF Women’s Title appeared with a crown over it. The crown had a red heart shaped gem in it. Raquel shuffled the papers.

Raquel Diaz: In a startling first announcement as Women’s General Manager, Angelina Love has set an exciting title match for Summerslam. This match will pit seven women against one another for the Women’s Title as well as determining an official EBWF Queen of the Ring. However, there has been some concern generated over the women’s matches leading up to the big event. This week will see Liv Morgan and Alexa Bliss, both who have a rightful claim to the Queen of the Ring title in a triple threat match that also features Paige. Some experts have expressed a genuine concern that Bliss and Morgan may injure Paige, who has taken to calling herself Queen of the Ring due to her unfortunate association with Seth Rollins, before Summerslam. This would unfortunately impact current Women’s Champion, Zahra Schreiber, by removing her ability to personally kick Paige in the teeth. The two women have exchanged words in recent weeks and competed as a team on an episode of Warfare. That outing as a team ended with Paige losing the match for her team after taking a devastating Chick Kick from Trish Stratus. Many fans have pointed out that this match would have had a different outcome if Paige had swallowed her pride and tagged in the EBWF Women’s Champion.

The image in the top left vanished and the white border faded from the screen. The shot narrowed in on Raquel Diaz, centering her. She laid the papers down in front of her and adjusted her top.

Raquel Diaz: Again, I have been Raquel Diaz with Curtain Call News. Thank you and have a great day!

The shot faded quickly to a black screen. The sound of a guitar rang out in the darkness. The first chord a D minor was followed by three more chords. The C, B flat and F chords followed in quick succession. A single beam of light opened up on Elias Samson sitting on a stool with his guitar in his lap. He looked up from the guitar and gave a nod to the camera. He began playing with a steady rhythm.

Elias Samson: I watched a man ascend the throne,
He took the crown atop the king.
The king fought back to no avail,
My friend beat him in the ring!
I watched my pal ascend the throne,
And conquer the rival king.
Now you kneel before that man,
And you listen to him sing.

A second light went on illuminating Aiden standing behind a glittery gold microphone stand with scarves tied to the top of it. He had his hands behind his back and was swaying to the rhythm being played by Elias.

Aiden English: The Castle comes to avenge the King,
I beat with the utmost ease.
But once he’s in the ring with me,
Dalton Castle will beg please.
Please sir don’t beat me bad,
And I’ll gladly raise your hand.
Please sir it’s crystal clear,
You’re easily the better man!

Elias Samson: The Castle cries,
As his hope dies.
And his spotlight fades from view.
King Aiden reigns,
Avoid his lanes,
Or it will happen too to you.

Both: It will happen too to youuuuu!

The lights went out leaving the screen in darkness again as the last note rang out. As it faded away the shot faded in on Frank Woods and Ryan O’Hare sitting in a similar set to last week. They were both wearing official EBWF Aiden English shirts. Frank had an obviously painted on black eye.

Disembodied Interviewer: Hey guys, glad we could have you back to continue our coverage of Tennessee Two-Step! Frank, how was it working with Elias last week on Warfare?

Frank touched the area around his eye, careful not to smudge the makeup. He delivered a half believable wince in pain.

Frank Woods: Obviously it hurt. I agreed to work with Elias, but I did not agree to getting hit with a guitar. A real guitar! And, he hits hard!

Disembodied Interviewer: Would you be willing to work with him again or has this soured your opinion of working alongside EBWF talent?

Frank Woods: I’d have to think about it!

Ryan O’Hare: I would! Why? Did he mention needing someone to do some work on air again?

Disembodied Interviewer: No, just a question. I actually have it on good authority that both Elias Samson and Aiden English are going to be very busy this Monday.

Ryan O’Hare: Must be something to do with that scheduled main event. Dalton Castle and Aiden English. We’ve worked with both of them you know?

Disembodied Interviewer: I didn’t know that! You’ve worked with Dalton?

Frank Woods: Yeah. It’s not as exciting.

Ryan O’Hare: True. We’ve both faced him at house shows.

Frank Woods: The EBWF is always having him go over some local talent to retain his title. Apparently it draws well to have a local guy challenging for the title.

Disembodied Interviewer: That seems like it would be an awesome opportunity!

Ryan O’Hare: Are you kidding? So few people care about Dalton Castle that not even Jericho watches his matches.

Frank Woods: Yeah! It’s hard to get recruited when the head recruiter leaves before the title match even starts.

Disembodied Interviewer: Sorry guys that’s a tough break! Maybe it was those matches that put you on EBWF’s radar for your stuff with English and Samson!

Frank Woods: Never thought of that.

Ryan O’Hare: Hey, you’re probably right! This stuff with them must be our actual tryouts!

Frank Woods: Yeah! There’s no way Chris Jericho misses an Aiden English segment. That guy is like the top talent in the company.

Ryan O’Hare: I know! Man! This is awesome! We could be on our way to real official EBWF contracts!

Disembodied Interviewer: Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, have you talked to anyone from EBWF?

Frank Woods: Oh yeah! In fact just after my segment last week I was approached by Paul Heyman and Jim Ross! They were talking a lot about regulations and stipulations. I don’t know I was kind of still juiced from being in front of that huge crowd!

Ryan O’Hare: I wasn’t there, but I do know that they sent us these awesome shirts and some paperwork in a package.

Frank Woods: And, it was like priority shipped!

Disembodied Interviewer: What does the paperwork say?

Ryan O’Hare: Hang on it’s around here somewhere.

Ryan got up and walked off screen. The sound of things being moved in the distance continued while Frank talked to the interviewer.

Disembodied Interviewer: So, while we wait for that let’s talk more about your experience with Dalton Castle. What was it like being in the ring with a champion?

Frank Woods: It wasn’t bad. The guy knows his wrestling. He’s super friendly too. In fact it was a lot like hanging out with any of the guys in local companies. Real chill and down to earth. Not at all like dealing with a superstar. I mean, I love Aiden but let’s face it he’s a diva!

Disembodied Interviewer: What do you mean?

Frank Woods: Those famous guys just expect things to be done a certain way and they get cranky when it’s not exactly right. Dalton isn’t like that! Maybe if EBWF like really pushes him and lets him take the title off the Miz he’ll get all fussy. Until then though he’s just like a regular guy! Nothing wrong with that, he’s just not a superstar like Aiden and Elias are. Working with those two was exciting but way more challenging. Because, they have standards and stuff.

Ryan came back into view with a stack of paperwork in his hands. The top page was bright yellow. Ryan pushed that one off the top of the stack toward the camera. The interviewer’s hand became suddenly visible as he leaned down and picked up the sheet.

Ryan O’Hare: Okay! Well this is good! It’s a check! I guess they liked us so much that when they found out we bought tickets to come to the show in Greenville they comped us!

Frank Woods: Oh, that was nice of them!

Disembodied Interviewer: Actually guys…

Ryan O’Hare: Hang on, there’s more!

Ryan shuffled to the next page.

Ryan O’Hare: Hmmmmmm. Mmmhmmm. Ohhhh. Yes, this is a contract offer. We’ll have to get into the details of it in private but it’s obviously an offer of employment.

Disembodied Interviewer: If you’d listen to…

Frank Woods: Well, keep going! There’s a lot of paper there!

Ryan continued to shuffle through the stack.

Frank Woods: See, I knew it! Look there! It’s signed by Richard Roberts! He’s like the big law guy in EBWF! This is a legit contract offer. We need to sign this yesterday!

Frank stands up and walks of screen. He can be heard digging through things.

Disembodied Interviewer: Ryan, I think I should…

Ryan O’Hare: Not now! This is exciting news! You should be asking us questions or something! Tennessee Two-Step is about to be an official team on the EBWF roster! Then we’re not going to have time to do these sit down chats every week! So how about you ask the future of the tag division some real hard hitting questions?

Disembodied Interviewer: Ummm okay, give me a moment to gather my thoughts on this news.

Ryan O’Hare: Yeah! You do that!

Frank emerged back on screen with a pen in his hands. He leaned over Ryan and signed the bottom of the paperwork with gusto. He handed the pen to Ryan who furiously scribbled his signature. Ryan flipped the page outward toward the camera to show proof that they had signed right above Richard Roberts’s signature on the page. The hands of the interviewer appeared again as he motioned for the papers. Ryan handed them over with a smug smile.

Disembodied Interviewer: Wow! Yeah, this is good! Lots of legal words on here! Did you read all of these?

Ryan O’Hare: Just the good parts! You know the stuff with dollar signs and the part where it had the EBWF logo on it!

Disembodied Interviewer: Oh man, this is great! You’re right, I have so many questions for Tennessee Two-Step after signing this EBWF contract!

Frank Woods: Fire away chief!

Ryan O’Hare: Way to get with the program!

Disembodied Interviewer: How does it feel to receive a check from the EBWF reimbursing you for your tickets to Warfare this Monday?

Ryan O’Hare: Obviously it feels amazing!

Frank Woods: Yeah! It’s practically our first paycheck!

Disembodied Interviewer: And, how does it feel to not be going to Warfare now that your tickets have been refunded?

Ryan O’Hare: What?

Disembodied Interviewer: Yeah! That’s right! How does it feel now that you’ve signed your first official EBWF document? I’m sure it’s great knowing you’ve signed your first waiver of injury from any past and future EBWF appearances!

Ryan O’Hare: Waiver of injury? What are you talking about? Let me see that!

Disembodied Interviewer: Oh no, I think I’ll take this back to EBWF HQ for you!

The shot faded to black as Ryan lunged for the camera. After a brief pause a white text box popped up on the right side of the screen. It was filled with black lettering which read, “elsewhere…”. A new shot faded in of a gym. Owen Davidson, who appeared on the July 9th episode of Warfare was in a makeshift wrestling ring with four other unknown wrestlers. Aiden walked on from off screen and slid into the ring. Raquel followed him to ringside with a clipboard in her hands and a whistle around her neck. As Aiden jumped up to his feet she blew the whistle. All five unknowns snapped to attention instantly. Aiden walked back and forth in front of them, stopping periodically to inspect their gear. He stopped at Davidson and tugged his elbow pad a bit further up his arm. He slapped the back of the pad while eyeing Owen for any expression of pain.

Aiden English: I assume everyone knows why they are here!

Unknowns: Yes sir!

Aiden English: Good! Look, there’s about to be a spot open up on the EBWF roster for someone like you! Monday when I go up against Dalton Castle, there is a good chance I am going to injure him and EBWF is going to need a new indy guy to dominate at house shows and job on television! That’s where you come in, you desperate and mostly decent lot of wrestlers.

Aiden slapped one of the men on the stomach. He was a very heavy set yet short man in a black and red singlet. He eyed Aiden curiously.

Aiden English: I said there may be one spot, not two. You’re going to have to leave the belly at home for this gig.

The wrestler clenched his fists and grimaced at Aiden.

Aiden English: You want to say something…

Aiden looked at Raquel and waved.

Raquel Diaz: Ricky Roberts!

Aiden looked back at the man with his head cocked to the side.

Aiden English: Alliteration? Are you a superhero?

Ricky Roberts: That’s ummm my real name sir.

Aiden English: No kidding? Man, you poor bastard. It wasn’t bad enough that your parents saddled you with bad genes? They had to give you a crap name to match?

Ricky’s brow furrowed and he leaned forward a bit. Aiden put a hand on his chest with a smile.

Aiden English: Step back in line Ricky Bobby. You lunge at me like that again and I’ll show you a little shake n’ bake! Don’t get excited it’s not a nice treat, it’s a knuckle sandwich hambone!

Aiden gave a firm push and put Ricky back in line with the other four wrestlers. He shrugged to his wife and leaned into the corner of the ring. He let out a loud sigh.

Aiden English: Does anyone have an issue with being called names or made fun of? Because, it’s going to be a long day. This is professional wrestling, you need thick skin in and out of the ring. People are going to say mean things, people are going to slap you around. If you don’t learn to back down from people who are clearly your better…

Aiden pointed at his own chest.

Aiden English: You’re going to end up like Castle.

Owen Davidson: You mean a Champion?

Aiden English: No! You idiot, I mean beat up like Dalton Castle!

Owen Davidson: Castle got beat up? Oh man! I really liked him!

Aiden English: Are you… He’s joking right now right?

Aiden turned to Raquel and threw his hands up. She shook her head. Aiden walked out to the center of the ring and turned his back on the wrestlers. He leaned over the top rope and Raquel climbed up on the apron to meet him. He whispered something to her. Owen leaned in to try and catch what was being said. Like lightning Aiden whipped around and clotheslined Owen to the mat. The young wrestler rolled over and crawled to the bottom rope furthest from Aiden.

Aiden English: Did you miss the point of this? I’m going to beat Dalton Castle up on Monday! That’s why we’re looking for someone equally pathetic to replace him. See, I feel bad for thinning the roster week in and week out. I’ve got to start putting names back on it or I’m going to be the only superstar in EBWF. Come to think of it, that would make for GREAT tv!

Raquel tapped him on the shoulder and said something softly.

Aiden English: Oh yeah! Myself and Elias! Sorry.

Owen slowly crawled back to the center of the ring and stood back up.

Aiden English: Alright! Now let’s get this tryout started! In order to replace Castle on the roster you have to be able to do the most important part of his job. Tricky Ricky! Lay back down on the mat!

The man slowly got down on his hands and knees and rolled back onto his back. Aiden pointed at him.

Aiden English: Everyone observe that! That there is the perfect position for someone replacing Dalton Castle. I want everyone to do exactly that right there!

The other wrestlers got to their backs with mixed levels of enthusiasm. The man on the end, the most physically gifted of the bunch took a lot longer than the others. He was hesitant to put himself into a pinning position. He was on one knee when Aiden approached and grabbed him by the back of the neck. Aiden forced him down to the mat belly first. The wrestler tried to get back to his feet and Aiden clubbed him over the back with a forearm. Aiden bent down and lifted him back to his feet just to deliver the Director’s Cut. He flopped lifelessly onto his back. Aiden looked to Raquel again who consulted the list.

Raquel Diaz: Shawn Kidd.

Aiden English: Don’t kidd around here guys. I’m not auditioning for a winner. I’m trying to replace Castle. Castle doesn’t win when anyone is watching! You try and act like a superstar and I’m going to have to beat it out of you! You’re not real wrestlers, your nobodies. You’re all here because you are perfect choices to replace Dalty Double Baggy.

One of the wrestlers sat up and raised an eyebrow. Aiden took note.

Aiden English: You know, double bag? Because he’s ugly!

The wrestler shook his head. Raquel was on top of it this time.

Raquel Diaz: Tommy White.

Aiden English: You ever slept with someone Timmy?

Tommy White: Tommy!

Aiden English: Yeah, that’s what I said Tony. You ever slept with someone, Travis?

Tommy whispered something under his breath.

Aiden English: What? You have to speak up, I’m sure everyone here will sympathize if you’re a virgin!

Tommy White: I said, that sounds nothing like Tommy!

Aiden kicked Tommy in the head with a loud thud. The other wrestlers reeled away in shock as Tommy flopped back to the mat. Aiden grabbed the ropes and looked down at the bottom of his foot.

Aiden English: See, now I have crap on my boot. I just stepped in a big steamy pile of Todd! Is it that hard to get? Dalton Castle is so ugly that someone has to put two bags over his head to sleep with him! You five are denser than Ricky’s gut!

Raquel Diaz: Maybe this was a poor choice my love!

Aiden English: Could you imagine being one of the poor fools who has to watch these guys for a living and look for that one diamond in the rough? Maybe it’s this guy.

Aiden pointed at the one wrestler who hadn’t said or done anything to draw his ire. Raquel quickly scanned the list for his name.

Raquel Diaz: Eric Storm.

Aiden English: I like it! You’ll be Storming down the entrance ramp to the best standard music EBWF cares to license. Can you pick up the loss Eric?

Eric nodded.

Aiden English: Can you make a fool of yourself in silly costumes with capes and wings?

Eric nodded.

Aiden English: Well you just might be the guy for the job! Based on the nothing you’ve said so far, I’ve got to assume you’ll be just as entertaining on the microphone as the Party Peacock himself! Wes is going to love me for finding you!

Eric Storm: Does the gig come with the title?

Aiden turned and looked at him. There was a long silence. The tension built as the wrestlers wondered if Aiden was about to attack again.

Aiden English: Probably! That title is basically worthless anyways. Why not just keep it on another loser after I take out Castle! I say you start calling yourself the Gateway Champion now and see if it sticks!

Eric Storm: EBWF Gateway Champion, Eric Storm!

Aiden English: Sounds good! Except, we’re going to need to get you a new name!

Eric Storm: You said you liked….

Aiden swung around and held his hand out toward Eric who paused out of sudden fear. He grabbed Aiden’s hand reluctantly. Aiden gave a firm tug and pulled Eric up off the mat.

Aiden English: How about this, EBWF Gateway Champion Jason Bourne?

Eric Storm: Like the movie?

Aiden English: Movie? What movie?

Eric Storm: The Bourne movies. Besides I thought you said you liked…

Aiden gave a firm tug on the man’s arm and he fell silent. Aiden flashed a devilish smile.

Aiden English: Okay you don’t like that one! How about Dalton Castle? No one cares enough about him to notice the sudden change in appearance. You can have his win record and everything!

Eric Storm: I think he might have issues with me using his name. I think Eric Storm is a good name and you said you liked…

Aiden tugged on his arm again but he resisted. A wide eyed Aiden nodded slowly. Eric tried to pull away but Aiden had a firm grip on his hand. He pivoted and tried to pull away by walking away from Aiden but this only made Aiden laugh. Aiden gave another firm pull and drug Eric into a short arm clothesline. Eric flipped completely around and landed on his stomach. Aiden leaned down and grabbed a handful of his hair to pull him back to his feet.

Aiden English: You don’t tell me what I like and don’t like.

Aiden tugged on Eric’s hair a bit more before delivering a standing dropkick ala Mr. Perfect. Eric was thrown across the ring and out the bottom rope on the other side. Aiden hopped up to a knee and surveyed the ring. Ricky stood up and charged at Aiden. Aiden came to his feet quickly and sidestepped the large man as he dove for a spear like maneuver. Missing Aiden, he flew between the ropes and out the near side of the ring and off camera. There was a thud but it came a few seconds later than it should have. Aiden turned and leaned over the top rope to continue ragging on the indy wrestlers.

Aiden English: You know what, any of them will do Raquel. They’re all a bunch of losers just like Castle! He could round up the lot of them and form a faction and they still wouldn’t be able to beat me Monday night! Dalton, these five and his boys. That’s practically two and half men.

Aiden laughed at his own reference.

Aiden English: Remind me to call Wes and let him know this bunch is desperate for a job. Maybe Ricky here can work catering, he sure seems to know his way around a buffet table!

The shot faded to black over Aiden’s continued verbal assault.

Aiden English: Party Peacock? Hah! This idiot has flown the coop if he thinks he has a chance of beating the Drama King! Dalty Double Slammy? Is he serious with these nicknames? He’s a fraud and I’m an Artiste!

EBWF.com exclusive video
Uploaded on 8/5/18

Aiden English was standing in the center of the screen with the Breakout Championship over his left shoulder. He was wearing his usual ring gear and a sleeveless black denim vest with tattered edging on the collar and arm openings. He wasn’t wearing a shirt under the vest which also had five gold stars down both the left and right front halves. Both of his regular companions were absent from the shot.

Aiden English: This week you have the privilege of watching your new Breakout Champion go one on one with the Gateway Champion, Dalton Castle. Champion versus Champion in the main event of Warfare the week after two epic title matches. The week after a historic title change and a miraculous title defense! This episode of Warfare, like last week, promises to be a PAY.. PER.. VIEW.. quality event! The gatekeeper of the EBWF FINALLY takes on the company’s top superstar and Champion, the Drama King!

Aiden accentuated his own moniker by spreading his arms above his head.

Aiden English: And it’s going to be a night to remember! It’s going to be an episode to record. It’s going to be a match immortalized in the highlight reels for years to come. I know it’s going to be spectacular because I know what Dalton Castle represents. Dalty Double-Slammy represents everyone in the audience and everyone at home watching from the comfort of their living room. He represents everyone who dreams that one day they can make it in this industry. He represents the mass of wrestlers hoping to jump from the independent circuit to the promised land that is EBWF. Even as he acts as the Gatekeeper, he inspires hope to those on the other side of the mote. And, Dalton has done a great job of keeping out the trash by defending his title at house show after house show all over the country! He has defeated some of the top names in independent wrestling, keeping them out of EBWF and away from my line of sight. I have the Party Peahen to thank for tending the Gate.

Aiden had taken a deep breath before that final statement to accentuate how hard it was for him to say. He huffed after having gotten past it, a sigh of relief mixed with exasperation.

Aiden English: But, I’m no indy darling struggling to break into the mainstream. I’m not a hopeful fan praying for my big break. I’m THE Breakout Champion! That Gate that Dalton is keeping is so far beneath me it may as well be a basement door while I’m living in the penthouse on the top floor. It’s not a prestigious title Dalton has around his… Oh no, that’s right the title is so lowly that even Dalton Castle refuses to wear it. Instead he has his boys haul it around from city to city in a case, locked up tight so that it’s inferiority doesn’t spread to everyone and everything around it. So that at least some part of Dalton’s mediocrity is hidden away from sight. You see, that’s why Castle represents the common members of the EBWF Universe. He shares that trait with them. That mediocrity. For all his pomp and circumstance, all his shiny tights and sequin numbers, all his capes and frills, for all that he’s still just an okay wrestler and decent athlete. He’s more like the guy in the front row show after show than anyone else in the company. He’s the fan’s proxy. He’s the one they look up to because he’s the only one they can hope to emulate.

Aiden smiled.

Aiden English: Last week the fans and Dalton got the surprise of their lives when he managed to pin Havoc. Let’s face it though, the outcome of that match is somewhat suspect. It would seem to me that the referee did Jimmy a favor and kept him from having to bear the shame of being the Gateway Champion. And, he did it by counting just a smidge too quickly. By bending the rules ever so slightly and keeping Dalton saddled with the responsibility of tending to the low hanging fruit aspiring to enter the EBWF. My match with Dalton isn’t surprising to me. Since I started in EBWF, management has been on a search to find someone capable of stopping my momentum. They found that in Tommy End who was able to stop my run at the King of the Ring and eventually the Miz. Tommy had also ended the hopes of last year’s King, Jimmy Havoc in the tournament. Fast forward to Jimmy Havoc beating Seth Rollins on Warfare and then I again followed in his footsteps and beat Rollins to take what was rightfully mine to begin with. Now last week Havoc lost to Dalton and seeing as it seems my fate has been tied to Jimmy’s these last few weeks, management is hoping that Dalton can summon another miracle and beat me too. Spoilers! He won’t.

Aiden laughed for quite a bit longer than that line was owed. He shifted his weight and the title to the other shoulder. His eyes floated to the title and a wicked smile crossed his face.

Aiden English: It’s funny to place the Drama King against a man named Castle. The Castle that protects the King from the peasantry. The Castle that keeps out the hedge knights not worthy of the King’s time and energy. It’s funny but I’m tired of funny and I’m tired of hearing about Dalton Castle. I’m tired of people thinking that Dalton has a shot at beating me. I’m going to prove that it’s the King that makes the Castle, that the Castle is nothing without a King and that like all castles a true King can conquer him without effort. But, I haven’t come all the way to the backwoods here in Greenville to knock down the Gate and dismantle the Gateway Champion. No, I’m here to pull a Chris Jericho and break the walls of Dalton Castle down. I’m going to take him apart piece by piece until the individual parts are so tiny that the boys won’t be able to rebuild the whole of Dalton Castle.

Aiden lifted the title off his shoulders and held it toward the camera with his left hand, as he did he looked offscreen to the right. He snapped his head back and lowered his eyes. The wicked smile flashed across his face again.

Aiden English: The reign of the Drama King has begun.

The video faded.

EBWF Facebook Live! with Renee Young
Monday 8/4/18 30 minutes before Warfare!

Renee Young was standing beside Aiden English and Raquel Diaz. Aiden and Raquel were wearing matching outfits. Her in black, skin tight, jeans and a black denim jacket and he in the black tights he debuted last week and the same vest he was wearing in his EBWF.com video. Aiden has the Breakout Title around his waist and his arm around his wife. They were talking to each other as the shot faded in. As Renee started talking to the camera, they stopped and looked at her.

Renee Young: Ladies and gentlemen, my guests at this time are Raquel Diaz and the new EBWF Breakout Champion Aiden English.

Aiden English: Thanks for the polite introduction Renee. I know you and I have had our differences in the past but I hope we can move past that.

Renee Young: Well, that was unexpected. Almost as unexpected as you standing here today as the EBWF Breakout Champion! There was a lot of doubt going into your match last week after Seth won the King of the Ring tournament.

Aiden English: I feel like the only people who doubted my ability to beat Seth Rollins were people who haven’t gotten to know me yet. The people who have been paying attention during my time with this company already know the lengths I’m willing to go to in order to win. The people who see through the lies and deception of those wanting to keep me out of the spotlight already knew I was going to be showing up to Warfare this week with a title around my waist. I told you and I told Rollins, this title was mine the moment I became the number one contender. All I had to do was wait for Wes Ikeda to sign the match to make it official. You doubted me, Rollins doubted me and the fans doubted me! I proved you all wrong!

Renee Young: The Universe is seeing a new side of you in the ring. You’ve been showing a more vicious and brutal side to yourself these last few weeks. You were relentless in your tag match with Elias against a group we’re hearing calls themselves Tennessee Two-Step and then last week you dropped Rollins to the concrete in a move that could have taken years off his career. What has inspired this new aggressive style?

Aiden English: You Renee. You, the EBWF fans, Seth Rollins and everyone who has come out here with claims that I’m not as good as I think I am. People who want to overlook the list of names I’ve scrubbed from the EBWF ledger. People who don’t want to respect the name I’ve built for myself in the short time I’ve been a member of the roster here. Look at the final four of the King of the Ring tournament. Back then you had two champions in Seth Rollins and Tommy End. An icon of this industry in Chris Jericho. And you had a relative upstart in Aiden English. An upstart that no one expected to make it to that point in the tournament. An upstart willing to do what it took to make it to the top of the EBWF ladder. An upstart who fell just a bit short of becoming King of the Ring in his first year on the roster. An upstart who now, just three months after joining the company has proven himself to be one of the best in the business. An upstart who is breaking through barriers, breaking down expectation and breaking out of the crowd! Sure, I’m not King of the Ring. But, I am and always will be the Drama King. Now I’m the Breakout Champion and Seth Rollins has learned a lesson. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. If your not prepared for the weight you just might drown.

Aiden leaned over and kissed his wife on top of the head. Renee sort of turned to avoid staring at the display of affection.

Renee Young: Tonight you are set to take on the Gateway Champion in the main event. Can we expect the aggressive streak to continue in that match?

Raquel Diaz: You can count on my husband’s new intensity to become a permanent fixture of the EBWF. Last week Seth Rollins walked into Warfare having been called a Kingslayer and walked out a slain king. Dalton Castle has the same fate to look forward to as my love claims his new title as EBWF’s own Championslayer.

Renee Young: There seems to be a lot of confidence in the English camp. Do you think the boys at ringside will have any bearing on the match?

Aiden English: Dalton has his boys and they have in the past helped him out of a jam. They protected him from become a spot on the mat against Adam Cole and for that they were punished. Truth be told Renee, they deserved to be punished. Not for their actions but for the execution. If the boys truly wanted to come to the aid of Dalton they should have had more tact, they should have made an opportunity. They should have handed him victory instead, the record books show that Adam Cole won that match. You know my mentality about outside involvement Renee.

Renee Young: By hook or by crook?

Aiden English: Wow, I’m impressed Renee! I didn’t think you had been paying attention! You know this thing we do. Professional wrestling is an art! I am an artiste! And my fellow artist Andy Warhol once said “art is what you can get away with.” Words to live by Renee! Words to live by. That being said, Adam suffered for his victory as Dalton and the boys attacked him three on one after the match. It’s all well and good because I no longer walk this world alone. No, now I WALK WITH. Well you know who I walk with! If the boys are feeling froggy, I say leap and see if Aiden English and Elias Samson don’t send you to the back on a stretcher!

Aiden glanced down at his title and his grin grew.

Aiden English: Last week this championship was just another title in the EBWF. It hung around the waist of the most prominent mid level talent in the business, Seth “Freakin Easy to Beat” Rollins. This week I have elevated the Breakout Championship to the pinnacle of EBWF. A title you are going to see week in and week out around the waist of the Drama King on Warfare! It’s not going to be wasting away on house shows being contested against nobodies who can’t get an EBWF contract. It’s not going to be relegated to showing up once or twice every few months around a superstar too busy making movies to compete in matches. Mark my words Renee, the Breakout Championship is going to be the top title in the EBWF and it’s going to do so around my waist!

Renee Young: I’d like to take a moment, if you don’t mind, to talk about some of the other changes in EBWF last week.

Aiden English: What changes?

Renee Young: I’d like to get you and your wife’s opinion of the announcement of Angelina Love as the new General Manager of the EBWF Women’s Division.

Aiden English looked toward his wife for a few moments as if waiting for her to speak. When she didn’t he shifted his focus back to Renee.

Aiden English: I think the women of the EBWF are a very lucky bunch.

Renee Young: So you think Angelina is going to improve the division?

Aiden English: I don’t know anything about Angelina and her ability to run the division. She may be a blessing or a burden. Either way the women of this company are a lucky lot. They’re lucky that they don’t have to contend with the likes of my wife Raquel Diaz. Her choice to stay out of in ring competition for the time being is a blessing they pay no note of. When I finally convince her to lace up her boots and climb into that ring the landscape of the EBWF is going to be forever changed!

Raquel poked Aiden in the side to draw his attention. The look on her face was obscured from the camera because of the angle but he responded with a nod and stayed focused on his wife as she turned back toward the camera.

Raquel Diaz: I’ve never met Angelina in or out of the ring. So, I have no personal experience with her. That’s not to say I don’t know of her. She had a prolific career in the EBWF during which she claimed both the Women’s Title and the Women’s Tag Titles twice! Maybe her nostalgia and the current depth of the Women’s Division will lead to the rebirth of the EBWF Women’s Tag Titles. I’m sure her direct oversight on the division will give it a clear direction and increase the talent’s ability to discuss that direction and grievances with one another. I’m hopeful that Angelina Love will be nothing but positive.

Renee Young: Frankly, I’m surprised by the positivity of that outlook on the Women’s division.

Aiden English: My wife is a surprising woman Renee. One day she is going to take this company by surprise and you’ll be asking questions about her impact on the Women’s Division!

Raquel turned her head to the side to hide her blushing from the camera, her husband and Renee. Aiden pulled her in a little tighter and kissed her on the top of the head again.

Aiden English: You’ll have to excuse us Renee, we have an amazing extravaganza in the works for Warfare tonight and the final details need to be attended to. I promised an unforgettable ceremony if there were title changes last week and even though Havoc came up a bit short, I won’t let the fans down. Tonight not only will I defeat Dalton Castle in the main event but I’m going to put on the BIGGEST.. BREAKOUT.. BONANZA.. in EBWF history!

With each word of “biggest breakout bonanza” Aiden added emphasis by throwing his hands up. Renee looked slightly confused at someone else trying to end the interview. She turned to look directly into the camera.

Renee Young: Don’t miss EBWF Warfare tonight as the first of two announced Women’s Division triple threat matches pits Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan and Paige against one another. With a main event, champion versus champion match between EBWF Gateway Champion Dalton Castle and the newly crowned EBWF Breakout Champion Aiden English!

The video ended with Aiden pointing to the title.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*