The Show Must Go On

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

The Show Must Go On

Post by Billy »

------------------------------------------------------------
October 20th 2018
EWBF.net Exclusive Video

A single white light illuminated the shot with Aiden English standing in the middle with his head down. The Breakout Title hung over his shoulder, reflecting the bright light into the camera, causing a small glare at the bottom left side of the screen. Aiden lifted his gaze to the camera with a smile, but not the sinister smile he had commonly worn in the past. This smile was clearly genuine. Aiden tilted his head to the side and sighed.

Aiden English: This week, I have the pleasure of facing Kevin Steen inside an EBWF ring. An opportunity I am very happy to receive. Not because I relish in the idea of beating Steen. Not because I feel he is a worthy test of my talent. But, because Kevin Steen is in dire need of the same enlightenment I showed Matt Hardy. See, Kevin isn’t completely unlike my past self. He too is lost in the old world, clinging to former glories and demanding respect he hasn’t earned. Demanding title shots and threatening dire repercussions. Assaulting staff backstage when he didn’t get his way. I’ve done these things since joining the EBWF locker room. I set the example for the Kevin Steens of the world to follow but now I have to show him, and everyone like him, that the path I forged is the wrong one!

Aiden shifted the title to his opposite shoulder.

Aiden English: Kevin, your former glory doesn’t live in the EBWF Universe. No, as you passed through the veil from that world to this one all of those accolades and victories died with that last name you used to carry around. Owens became Steen and in that instant your slate was wiped clean. Now, here in the EBWF you have to forge a new name for yourself. A name that commands the kind of respect you demand to be shown. And Kevin, you haven’t exactly done that yet. Your first night in this company you demanded a shot at the World Champion! You declared that you were the best this company had before you ever had your first match. And then, you made your argument by beating Killian Dane and ending his purge before it ever got underway. You surprised a lot of people, caught a lot of eyes and drew a lot of attention. Some people may have bought into the hype until you couldn’t seal the deal against Sydal. Maybe some people saw that as a fluke and they bought into you until you lost to Hardcore Holly in that triple threat. You had a chance Steen, a chance to earn a shot at a title. And, maybe it wasn’t a shot at the title you wanted. But, it would have been a shot at a champion you aren’t prepared to overcome.

Aiden unmounted the title from his shoulder and held it out toward the camera. The shot struggled to focus with the title so close. Aiden let his hand drop to his waist but kept his gaze on the title as it dropped to his side.

Aiden English: That’s the major difference between our paths between the old world and the new Steen! I went months without taking a loss to a member of the EBWF Universe. I made it to the quarter finals of the King of the Ring Tournament as one of the newest members of the EBWF roster. I beat veterans, legends and icons to make it to that spot. I was the first man in EBWF history to pin Braun Strowman. I beat Randy Orton! And I did all of that in the same errant state you find yourself in. I did all of that while stuck in the old world mindset. Hell, I won this title while stuck in the persona given to me by our former masters. How many matches Kevin? How many matches did you win to prove you’re as great as you claim? Two! You’ve won two matches out of five! You claimed this company had a lack of talent but it doesn’t seem like you’ve done anything to fill that gap. No, what you’ve shown is a lack of work ethic. An unwillingness to change and an inability to get the job done. Aiden English is here to shine a light on you. To bring you closer to the main event status you so desperately crave. I’m here to reveal you to the EBWF Universe and grant you the opportunity to learn from my mistakes.

The light dimmed.

Aiden English: I will let you share in my light so that you can escape the gravity of your old life and finally start building a new one in the EBWF! A life free from the slave the old masters made you. A life that doesn’t cling to what you did before you came here. A life built on the foundation you lay in the EBWF and not those less green pastures on the other side. I’m going to help you develop a willingness to work for your shots, like I did. To seize the opportunities given to you, like I did. To win when it counts, like I always do.

Aiden held the title off screen and someone took it from him. When he pulled his hand back, he finally returned his eyes to the camera.

Aiden English: Kevin, talking down to Renee, beating up backstage staff, threatening Wes Ikeda. None of these are going to get you what you want. None of these things bring you any closer to title shots, title reigns or championship glory. These actions, like your grip on the past, only serve to hold you back in the EBWF. They cripple you even as you attempt to use them as a crutch to hide your insecurity and inability. These actions drag you down to the dark depths from which you might never escape if not for the light I’m offering you, the hand I’m extending. Accept my help Kevin and you will have a whole new world of opportunity!

Aiden looked up into the light with his hands held out, palms up. The light grew more intense until the entire screen was white and the video ended.

October 22nd 2018
Warfare!
KeyArena
Seattle, Washington

Aiden English was standing next to Raquel Diaz with his arm around her waist. A few feet away was standing Renee Young with a microphone in her hand. As the shot opened up Raquel leaned in and whispered something in Aiden’s ear. He let out a small chuckle before kissing his wife. Renee let out a nervous cough before starting.

Renee Young: Ladies and gentlemen, my guests at this time Aiden English and Raquel Diaz!

Aiden English: Thanks for inviting us to chat Renee, we appreciate it.

Raquel Diaz: Renee, I’d like to apologize for the way I’ve talked to you in the past. It’s been out of line. I realize you’re only doing your job asking questions I may not like of my husband.

Renee Young: Oh… Well, thank you Raquel. I accept your apology.

Aiden English: Doesn’t that make you feel so much lighter?

Raquel Diaz: It really does. Thank you love!

Aiden kissed Raquel on the forehead. With his vision obscured she let out a wicked grin aimed at Renee. Renee pulled back slightly in shock. When Aiden returned from the kiss, he got a confused look on his face at Renee’s expression.

Aiden English: You okay Renee? You’ve never seen a man kiss his wife on the head?

Renee Young: No…. I just… Sorry. It’s nothing. Let’s jump into the interview!

Aiden English: Absolutely!

Renee Young: Last week you had a rather violent interaction with your former partner Elias Samson. It has some people saying that the new way you carry yourself is a facade. What do you have to say to those people?

Aiden English: It’s more simple than people want to make it seem. I was willing to let Elias go about his way regardless of what he had to say about me. Name calling doesn’t mean anything to me… when it’s about me. However, even insinuating that there is a threat to my wife is unacceptable. So, I asked Elias politely to stop. He couldn’t help himself and so I stopped him. Not once, but twice in the same night! Let that be a lesson to the EBWF Universe. Just because I’ve gone nice, doesn’t mean I’ve gone soft! I’m not weak, I’m more powerful than ever!

Renee tilted her head slightly.

Renee Young: So, hitting Elias with the title and asking management for a match against him was all in retaliation for him saying LEGION might attack Raquel?

Aiden English: That’s it. Plain and simple! If you threaten, imply threats, or claim danger looms to my wife then I’m on the warpath to take you down. For all I know Elias is just another LEGION stooge waiting to show his true colors!

Renee Young: You think Elias is LEGION?

Aiden English: Why not? Tommy End said it could be anyone, even our closest friends.

Renee Young: Okay. So you’re just weeks away from Fanniversary and your second title defense against Hardcore Holly, but before we make it there you have to take on one of the people he beat for that opportunity in Kevin Steen. What do you think about Kevin?

Aiden English: Do you remember the old me Renee? Do you remember me coming out here and telling you week in and week out that I was the best in the business? Do you remember how many times I told you I was going to go down to the ring and beat the other guy to prove that I was the best? Kevin Steen is like that old me, except when it comes to the actually winning when he says he will. No doubt Kevin is going to tell everyone that he is going to beat me tonight. No doubt Kevin is going to say he’s the best in the business. No doubt Kevin is going to claim that he deserves a shot at Jimmy Havoc. Maybe he’ll even say this match tonight should be for the title or that if it was he’d be a champion tomorrow. I would have said all those things Renee. I would have said all those things, BUT I would have walked down that ramp, climbed in that ring and won. Kevin Steen is going to do all the talking but none of the winning. He’s not going to do any better at beating me than he did against Holly or Scurll.

Renee Young: You mention those two but not Matt Sydal, why is that?

Aiden English: I don’t know enough about Matt Sydal to have a real conversation about him. But, I know Marty. I’ve fought against Marty and I know what he brings to the ring. Anyone with a twitter and eyes knows that I’ve had issues with Holly in and out of the ring. I know him, I’ve fought him. I don’t know Sydal like that.

Renee Young: So you’re saying that Kevin couldn’t beat people you’ve already beaten and so he can’t beat you?

Aiden English: Well, I was trying to show a little more couth about it, but yeah. That’s basically it. Kevin Steen can claim to be the best until he’s blue in the face but until he learns that his time in any other company doesn’t matter in the EBWF he will never achieve the greatness he claims to already possess. I’m going to try and teach him the errors of his way by beating some sense into him.

Raquel Diaz: Good luck!

Aiden shot a glance at Raquel who held up a hand in apology. Aiden pushed her hand down with a smile.

Aiden English: No, you’re right. Steen doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who picks up on things quickly. That’s why the fans have to tell him to fight twice in three words.

Renee Young: I’d like to thank you both for your time. Good luck against Kevin Steen tonight.

Aiden English: Thank you again for having us!

The couple turned to walk off but Raquel looked back over her shoulder.

Raquel Diaz: Yeah, thanks!

Renee’s confused look returned as the couple continued off camera. Renee shrugged and the segment ended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short RP, been down with a 100+ degree fever all weekend and I'm just coming out the other side. Good luck to everyone this week!
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*