The King Speaks

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

The King Speaks

Post by Billy »

((Messed up and missed the deadline but this was already written and I felt like posting it. Congrats to Roman, I hope we can compete again when I’m not a knucklehead.)

The video opened on Aiden English sitting on a golden throne. His typical wrestling attire peeked out from beneath a crimson cape lined in white fur with tiny black dots. His head was adorned with a crown made to match the Kingdom logo. He held a book in his hands with a little cartoon caricature of Roman Reigns on the cover. A smile was painted across his face, one of those tell tale wicked smiles Aiden had become known for during his time in the EBWF. He sat forward and turned the book to face the camera more squarely.

Aiden English
Maybe you don’t know this yet but, we’ve gathered here today so that I might tell a story. It’s a classic story about a pup who thought himself the big dog. And so he tried to eat from the big bowl but got lost in its depths. It’s a story about a man who reached for the stars, flew too close to the sun, and came crashing down to earth. And although there were warnings at every turn, he ignored them and carried on with his foolishness in haste to soar to new heights. But, we’re not talking about Icarus and his wax wings. This isn’t Clifford or Marmaduke. It’s not even Scooby’s wretched little nephew Scrappy. No, our story is about Roman Reigns and his over inflated ego.

Aiden lifted the book at a slight angle as if he were reading the back cover. His left hand ran across the words printed there.

Aiden English
One man’s journey to overcome the odds, battle his way to greatness and prove his place at the dinner table.

He looked up and chuckled.

Aiden English
It sounds familiar doesn’t it friends? Sounds like a story we’ve heard a dozen times with a dozen different lead characters. Yes this story was the story of so many that came before. A sad story but it is one that has to be told. Told in an attempt to remind future generations. To prepare them for the sorrow that comes with acting out this exact story. As woeful as it is, it serves as a guide to those who will come to write their own stories once this one has ended.

Aiden opened book toward himself revealing an empty red back cover. He looked down at the pages and sighed. It wasn’t a sigh of defeat or irritation but one of relief.

Aiden English
Luckily for us, the story of Roman Reigns is a book with just two chapters.

He turned the book outward to reveal a blank white page and a simple table of contents. His smirk broadened at the corners like a snake about to strike.

Aiden English
You start with chapter one, acknowledgement. Honestly, it’s the shorter chapter of the pair. This part is about getting your name up in lights. The story of needing to be respected, needing to be looked up to, needing to be seen and heard and noticed at all times above all others. This chapter is about so much and nothing all at the same time.

Aiden looked down at the book and pointed toward the second chapter title.

Aiden English
Then you come to chapter two, entitlement. This one is so much worse. It’s the tale of history that has come and gone. It’s the roots of the family tree planted in acrid soil. It’s the origin of our hero and his anchor that keeps him tethered to the ground. This chapter goes into detail about all the things expected of a pup with such a prestigious pedigree.

Aiden sat the open book face down in his lap. He crossed his arms over one another and leaned back slightly and to the left. He was now leaning on the arm of the throne.

Aiden English
It’s just two chapters Roman. Acknowledgement. The one thing you want enough to fight for. Entitlement. The only thing you have to build yourself off of. Two chapters, a few words, and a lot of unfounded threats. You know, it’s the unfortunate part of your story that chapter two is the thing holding you back from achieving all the goals of chapter one.

Aiden collapsed the book with his right hand and tossed it out of frame. He pressed his elbow into the arm of the throne and propped his head up on it. His closed fist supported his cheek as his thumb brushed his chin.

Aiden English
You’re not far off the mark as far as I can tell. You somewhat understand the importance of blood and history. Somewhat but not to its full extent. You see, in this industry, blood matters. That’s an absolute. Blood matters. Blood sustains. Blood motivates. And, blood propels stars into the stratosphere. But, it’s not the blood pumping through your veins. No, that’s what we call a starting point, not a destination. It’s the Iliad and not the Odyssey. Your family. You and you alone care about them. It doesn’t make a difference because, the blood that matters in this industry exists in one place. It’s the blood you leave in that ring. The blood you sacrifice to be the best or die trying. It’s the blood you extract from your opponents as you ascend to the top of the pile.

Aiden brought his free hand up and cradled his forehead momentarily.

Aiden English
That blood flowing through your veins, that’s entitlement. I would know. When I arrived in the EBWF I had that same flawed mentality. I had that same piss poor attitude. I too thought I deserved to be escalated to the top of the heap. That I deserved to be acknowledged and respected. I thought that these fans owed me something. Something I hadn’t earned. Something I hadn’t bled for. Something I hadn’t lived for. Wrestling is in your blood. Sure. But that’s your daddy’s blood. It’s what he earned. It’s what he bled for. Each generation has to stand on its own. I had to learn that to become the best version of myself. To build my Kingdom. And it wasn’t done in a day. I had trials and tribulations. Great success. Debilitating loss. I’ve climbed the damn ladder, been thrown from it and climbed it again. And, I had a lot of help in all directions by a myriad of men that even if I hate, I respect. I’ve had a LEGION of teachers that built me into the damn icon I am today!

He stood up from the throne and pulled his crown from his head. He looked it over as he continued, refusing to make eye contact with the camera.

Aiden English
Now, I’m at the top of the EBWF. I exist in the company’s pantheon of greatness beside names that have been in this industry since you and I were in diapers. I exist among the top tier of talent in this entire industry. I made my place off my hard work. Did I name drop family relentlessly? Yep! Did it get me an ounce of respect? Not one. I earned what I have by being amazing. By collecting accolades. By defeating those greats I now stand beside in the pantheon of EBWF. By struggling, clawing, and fighting to earn each and every inch.

Aiden sat the crown down on the arm of the throne and stared into the camera. His smile was fading into a flat expression.

Aiden English
And now here you are being elevated to my position before you’re ready. Here you are being put in a position to fail on a glorious scale before the eyes of the entire EBWF Universe. Wes Ikeda has sentenced you to some humility and leaves the dirty work to someone he knows can get it done. Someone he knows has the talent and the will. It’s cunning, isn’t it? Ikeda is a cunning foe. Thanks to me, Wes gets to keep his hands clean. Thanks to me, the Universe gets to see you taken down a notch. And in so sentencing you he placates the monster looming in his wake, tracking his every movement.

Aiden stepped in closer to the camera, forcing a shot of on his head and neck. He turned his head to peer into the camera with his right eye.

Aiden English
At Warfare, I’m going to beat you. It’s not a contest. I’m going to show you that what you’re asking for isn’t anything resembling what you actually want. There’s no doubt. I’m going to show you why industry magazines say EBWF is home to the most elite talent in the industry. It’s just undeniable. I’m going to show you the bar we measure ourselves against. Then I’m going to measure you against it. I’m going to do the job you thought you were going to do to Gargano and buddy I’m going to look damn good doing it. You want respect? You want to be acknowledged? You want to be taken seriously in this company? Well, I’d consider this your trial by fire. You’ve been effectively thrown to the wolves, tossed to the lions, fed to the sharks. Call it what you will Roman but, call it what it is. You opened your mouth and issued a challenge because you thought one thing. When in truth, you couldn’t have been more wrong. It was a botch and Aiden English is your receipt.

Aiden stepped back, held out his hands and smiled. The shot faded as Aiden picked up his crown and placed it back on his head. The video was over.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*