A Gilded Cage

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

A Gilded Cage

Post by Billy »

The camera opened on Elias Samson and Chavo Guerrero Junior sitting in a locker room geared up for a house show. Elias had his guitar in his lap strumming a rhythm of discord and bad timing. Chavo winced with each off key note. Elias didn't seem to notice how terrible his playing was and smiled from ear to ear. The gears were turning.

Elias Samson: This Monday at Warfare,

He tried his best at a blues riff that sounded a bit to much like "Bad to the Bone" after six rounds of tequila.

Elias Samson: you've got to beat Cage.

Dun nuh nuh nuh.

Elias Samson: You want to be King of the Ring,

Dun nuh nuh nuh.

Elias Samson: you've got to beat Cage.

Dun nuh... Chavo put a hand on the fretboard without turning to face Elias.

Chavo Guerrero: You can't just rhyme the same line over and over. You've got to come up with something interesting, witty or funny.

Elias Samson: The Blues aren't any of those things. The blues are sad.

Chavo Guerrero: You're making me sad, playing that pitiful tune. How about for one night we leave the theatrics at home. Aiden and Raquel aren't here. We can just go out, wrestle our asses off, and go home.

Elias Samson: That's what you want? No showmanship?

Chavo Guerrero: SAVE THE SHOWMANSHIP FOR THE RING!

Elias Samson: No flash?

Chavo Guerrero: JUST BE A WRESTLER!

Elias Samson: Can't do it. I'm not just a wrestler, I'm an artist!

Chavo Guerrero: I just want one night where we don't do the song and dance.

Elias Samson: I can give you that!

Chavo Guerrero: Thank you!

Elias Samson: Monday, after your no frills match with Christian Cage, I'll be waiting in the back to celebrate.

Chavo Guerrero: Damn that's cold.

Elias Samson: In the words of Mo, my music and I are a package deal!

Chavo Guerrero: Are you serious right now?

Elias Samson: What?

Chavo Guerrero: I swear to god if you ever quote a Disney Channel Original Movie again, I'm going to slap you so hard those acid washed jeans come back in style!

Elias Samson: You want to know the worst part?

Chavo Guerrero: That you watch movies intended for my children's children?

Elias Samson: That you understood the reference! You're a closet DCOM head!

Chavo Guerrero: ENOUGH! I need to focus on the King of the Ring. I've got to get my head on straight and put Christian Cage out of the running! I've got to represent Kingdom and show that Aiden isn't the only one capable of winning things.

Elias Samson: I think you're forgetting someone!

Chavo Guerrero: You win your match and I'll include you!

Elias Samson: I was talking about Raquel. You know the one in the group with the gold wrapped around her waist.

Chavo Guerrero: Yeah, that's a good point. Still....

Elias Samson: She deserves an apology.

Chavo Guerrero: She's not even here!

Elias Samson: All the women you just disrespected by not remember our EBWF Women's Champion deserve and apology.

Chavo looked up to the ceiling and threw his arms up in a shrug.

Chavo Guerrero: Sorry women of the EBWF Universe! Now, can I focus on Christian Cage.

Elias Samson: Sure! He's an old-timer. Haven't you been competing against this guy since the nineties?

Chavo Guerrero: Yeah, I'm not exactly the seasoned veteran in this match. We've got similar experience. We've wrestled all over the world. We've been a part of amazing tag teams. We've held some singles gold here and there. But, I'm a part of Kingdom and he's a member of.... What do they call themselves? I honestly just have no clue. Anyhow. Now Christian Cage has his eye on a golden crown to sit atop that empty head of his. Now Christian Cage things that he's going to make it to the end of all this, and win a shot at the EBWF World Championship. A title I'm sure he even thinks he is capable of winning. In his mind he's already draped in gold from head to toe. He's as disillusioned as Maven and Becky Lynch running around claiming to be big Hollywood stars when they can't even book work that compares to the Miz in Marine 96 or whatever he's filming this week! Imagine a world where Christian Cage has come back to winning form. Where Christian Cage is a top guy. Where Christian Cage is a champion of any kind. Imagine that. Then, banish the thought from your mind because it's never going to happen. Monday Night at Warfare I'm going to shatter your dreams and dash your heart against the craggy shores of reality. Imagine yourself dipped in gold. But, know, THE GILDED CAGE IS EASILY BROKEN!

Elias slapped Chavo on the arm and nodded.

Elias Samson: Damn! That sounded convincing.

Chavo Guerrero: I hate you sometimes.

The shot ended on a black screen.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*