Lean on Legacy

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Lean on Legacy

Post by Billy »

The scene opened in a dark alley, dimly lit by the overhanging lights. On one side of the alley Colten Gunn was sitting against the wall on a stack of milk crates and wooden boxes. Opposite of him was his brother Austin. Austin was leaning against the wall with his foot up. They were both staring at the camera. After a moment Austin started walking toward the camera. He looked around the alley as he came closer and closer slowly. His steps were staggered. Colten never took his eyes off the camera.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
I think there is something profound I’m supposed to say once I reach my mark but for the life of me I can’t remember my line. Colten! Line!

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
Oh, it’s literally just shouting boo yah kah into the camera. That’s how these segments work out. Then you run off down the alley.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
And the fans enjoy it? Like, it gets views on social sites? It moves merchandise? Now I’m genuinely concerned with the state of the Universe.

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
Yeah, I don’t know about all of that. I’m not sure Rey even knows what the internet is! And, to be honest, we may not even get that version of Mysterio. Sometimes he likes to wax poetic for minutes at a time. It really just depends on how serious he takes the match, how much he cares about putting over the people on the other side of the ring. If he does the boo yah kah thing, then you know that we’re going to get just as much of Rey as it takes to have a whole match and nothing more. None of the big spots. None of the high risk. None of the storytelling.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
So, if we get this version of Rey it means that he doesn’t respect us? Isn’t that just the story of our careers. Constant disrespect from everyone. They even disrespect our father’s legacy in this industry to try and dig at us. I hate that!

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
If we get long winded Rey, you can be sure that he’s going to touch on that disrespect to dear old dad. I’m sure he’ll let us know how irrelevant he is. I’m sure he’ll let us know how much better he’s done for himself than dad did. And, that’s the two sides of Mysterio. Disrespect for us or disrespect for our dad.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
That’s a little upsetting, don’t you think? Like, shouldn’t this guy be setting a better example for his son?

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
Actually! There was this whole custody battle, and to be honest, I’m not sure if that’s even his kid anymore. I think that Dominik is actually a Guerrero now. He’s a better fit in Kingdom than beside Rey.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
Sounds like the poor kid doesn’t have much of a chance of growing up respectful if those are his parentage options. Man, could you imagine being the brother-in-law to Aiden English? That guy is a total tool! Does that make Raquel his sister, step sister or something completely different.

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
I’ll be honest with you, I have absolutely no idea how any of that works. I would assume it’s just a regular sister but I could be way off base.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
Honestly, it doesn’t matter. Rey should know a thing or two about legacy, parentage and family. He is a junior afterall. And, he has a kid of his own entering the business. So he should understand how pedigree works. He should understand that the Gunn Club deserves to be taken seriously. That we should be afforded more effort than rushing the screen, spouting a catchphrase and then running away.

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
We’re giving this match a hundred percent of our attention and energy. You should consider doing the same. A huge win over the Gunn Club would be a career making move for your young son. A win over these two Sons of a Gunn could set him up for a career among the top stars of the EBWF. It could cement his legacy in this industry.

-.-Austin Gunn-.-
It could. A win like this could be the cornerstone of his career. But it won’t be. Because he won’t be winning, you won’t be winning. That glory belongs to the Gunn Club. It belongs to these two second generation specimens. Generational talents that won’t be outdone for decades. We’re going to go on to face Randy Orton and Edge. We’re going to go on to become the EBWF Tag Team Champions. We’re going to go on to having our name in lights. You two can go home. We have enough Guerrerro’s running around with titles in the EBWF. It’s been nice knowing you!

-’-Colten Gunn-’-
BOO YAH FREAKIN’ KAH!

Colten jumped up and rushed the camera. The two turned back to back and posed. Both men smiled ear to ear with their hands held up like guns.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*