The End

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

The End

Post by Cory »

Damian was backstage at the KFC Yum! Center getting loose as Renee Young walked up to him.

Renee Young: Hey there, Damian! Got any last words before your big match against the Miz tonight at Gateway to Glory?

Damian nodded, leaning in to talk into Renee's mic, who held it up for him. Before he could open his mouth, Heyman intercepted the microphone and stood in front of Priest.

Paul Heyman: Excuse me, Mrs. Young. I am sure you understand that you should be directing your questions for the King himself, Damian Priest, to his Regent.

Paul smirked in his signature devilish way.

Paul Heyman: Tonight marks the beginning of a historic period in EBWF wrestling, Renee. Tonight, Damian Priest will complete his meteoric rise to the very top of this company. It has truly been a spectacle to witness, don't you agree?

Renee Young: Well it certainly has--

Paul Heyman: Enough from you. The Miz has been an incredible champion. Some would say... an awesome role model for the EBWF brand. But is it time for the Miz to step aside, and allow the brightest star, the sharpest iron, to break through. And not out of any sense of misguided desire to "put the rub on the new guy", simply because Damian Priest is better. Damian Priest is undefeated. He's the King of the Ring. He's the hottest act in EBWF today, and it is his time. The Miz had a good run. It's time for everyone to...rise. To your new EBWF World Champion.

Renee Young: Somehow, I don't think the Miz shares your opinion on his title reign.

Damian stepped in front of Paul before he could reply.

Damian Priest: I'm sure he doesn't, Renee. And that's what makes him such a good champion. Look, I know how this shit is supposed to go down, right? I get on this microphone, and I'm supposed to tell you how bad the Miz is, and I'm supposed to tell you how I'm so much better than him, and that he's not a challenge. Let me be a full hundred with you. I like the Miz. Dude was nothing but cool with me from the moment I got here. I have mad respect for him. I can tell you one thing, there are a lot of tiny bitches with big egos wandering the back in EBWF. Guys who's got mouths that their win/loss column can't keep up with. Miz? He ain't one of 'em. He's a dude, plain and simple. But let me tell you what I am.

Damian leaned in closer.

Damian Priest: I'm 6'5", 249, and every god damn part of me is a weapon. My fists, my legs, my dome, EVERYTHING. Understand? I'm successful because I put the work in. I analyze, I predict, and execute my game plan. I've watched Miz's tape for weeks. Because this day was coming, and I knew it. I've figured him out, Renee. I know what he's gonna do before he does. You can stack every single match I have put on tape in front of one man and he can spend time watching those until Rapture. Ain't nobody gonna find something on that tape that's gonna prepare them for what I do. I'm constantly evolving, constantly improving my game, constantly learning. I'm 40 years old, Renee. I am in my prime because I put the work in. Tonight, I am going to put everything I got in on The Miz. And I hope that he does the same. I want the best version of the Miz this world have ever seen. At the end of the day, win or lose, The Miz is going to go home wondering when he got hit by that train. He's gonna put ice on things he didn't know existed, because I'm gonna put the hurt on him. I'm gonna beat him down, work him over, and make him wish that I had actually had someone worth a damn to challenge me in the King of the Ring tournament.

He took the microphone from Renee and looked into the camera.

Damian Priest: Miz? I know you're watching this shit. They're probably live-streaming it to EBWF.net while I'm talkin'. The reason I'm talking big, and telling the world how badly I am going to hurt you, is BECAUSE I respect you. I respect your game. I respect your resume. Hell, you're gonna be the first guy in this company that's worth a damn to get me in the ring. Everyone else has been an absolute joke. Brock Anderson? Easy pickings. Christian Cage? Give me a fuckin' break. And then the rest of those chumps were just fodder. Now I'm enjoying life in the Big Leagues. Got a dance with the top guy, and I am not gonna mess this up. When tomorrow comes, and you're wondering why you're in so much pain, and why your travel bag is about 20 pounds lighter, it's because I brought the house to beat you. Because I know that getting here and shifting into cruise control ain't gonna cut it. I have to end you, to beat you.

Priest smiled wickedly.

Damian Priest: And that's EXACTLY...what I am gonna do.

Priest cracked his neck and walked off with Heyman as the scene faded to black.