Io Shirai: Queen's Quest Pt. 3

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Io Shirai: Queen's Quest Pt. 3

Post by Utami »

Io Shirai stands tall before the rounded structure of the Mississippi Coast Coliseum, a confident smile on her lips as the sun begins to set behind her. EBWF banners hang from nearby posts and a sign promoting the March 25 Warfare is visible behind her. The fact that she’s in her ring gear suggests the first bell isn’t too far off.

IO SHIRAI: <What has it been? A month? A month since the last time I was in action in this ring and wrestling in front of the best fans in professional wrestling? It’s been too damn long and honestly I’m partly to blame for that.>

She shrugs lightly as she continues.
IO SHIRAI: <You see after what happened a month ago I’ve been getting myself prepared for more than just a wrestling match. I’ve been getting ready for war. The moment I stepped through the curtain at Last Survivor EBWF changed forever. The match saw a dramatic shift when Io Shirai stepped through those ropes, and I just about made history as the first woman to be Last Survivor in her debut. Becky earned her win, and honestly that might be for the best. Because in the time that’s passed since then I’ve been the newest target for Oedo Tai. They knew Rhea couldn’t beat me, so they used my first singles match as an excuse to ambush me. Hey Tam, how’d that work out for you?>

The Ace of the Sky waggles her finger at the camera and, indirectly, Tam Nakano.

IO SHIRAI: <As much as I have to say about that group of thugs and the woman who thought she was anonymous under that mask she wore when she came to help me, right now isn’t the time. Because right now I’m just a few hours away from facing the woman who calls herself ‘that Bitch’. A woman who’s chiseled her body into peak shape and has a history of dominating everyone who crosses her path. Jade? Let’s talk.>

That grin is back as she gets down to business.

IO SHIRAI: <You made an immediate impact when you joined EBWF at Last Survivor, didn’t you? While you didn’t win you’ve made your presence known and shown off your undeniable talent every chance you’ve gotten. I’m sure that you look at me and see someone who talks a lot about herself but isn’t worth the hype. Just another smaller woman to rip apart in front of your baddies. Fine. But don’t think I haven’t been watching. Don’t think that the Ace hasn’t been seeing you stumble a bit after that big debut. A win against Liv but losses to Britt and Becky?>

Io shakes her head in disbelief.

IO SHIRAI: <Seems like you can’t quite haven’t figured it out in EBWF. This is the best women’s division in the world. And tonight you’re facing the very best woman in the world. For 17 years I’ve been thrilling audiences with high flying offense, cashing checks and winning titles around the world. You may be incredibly physically gifted, but you can’t keep up with me. I’ll tire you out, chop you down with direct strikes and break you down with suplexes. I’m here to prove I’m the best professional wrestler in the world, not dress in fancy clothes and brag.>

Io nods to the arena behind her.

IO SHIRAI: <You may be That Bitch, but I’m That Queen. And That Queen is on a quest to claim the biggest crown of her career. That means she’s going to make you bow down.>

Io finishes by making the Queen’s Quest hand gesture she originated nearly a decade before in Japan.

IO SHIRAI: <Show me how good a professional wrestler you are, Jade. Let’s go!>