Warfare Results 05/06/2024

Ben M

Warfare Results 05/06/2024

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks, it’s time for Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Phoenix, Arizona, and we’ll be kicking things off with Britt Baker squaring off against the unpredictable Nikki Cross! It’s going to be a clash of styles and personalities, Nigel!

Nigel McGuinness: Indeed, Mauro… Baker's technical prowess against Cross' wild unpredictability. This should be a barnburner!

Nikki Cross made her way to the ring first, followed by Britt Baker. As the two women stood across the ring from one another, staring each other down, the crowd began chanting “DMD”, showing their support for Britt Baker. As the bell rang, both women circled the ring, cautiously assessing their opponent’s strengths and weaknesses. Baker then went for a lock up, but Cross side-stepped it and grabbed Baker by the arm, putting her in a hammerlock. Baker fought out of it and spun around, hitting Cross with a series of punches. However, Cross fought back, countering with several vicious punches of her own.

Mauro Ranallo: Britt Baker with those lightning-fast strikes, but Nikki Cross is not backing down!

Nigel McGuinness: Nikki Cross is relentless, Mauro. She thrives in chaos.

After hitting Baker with several right hands, Cross ran against the ropes and went for a clothesline… but Baker connected with a Superkick, then followed up with a Fisherman's Neckbreaker. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… Cross kicked out! Baker then set Cross up for a suplex, but Cross countered with a Swinging Neckbreaker, then hit a Running Bulldog. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… Baker kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: The momentum is swinging back and forth in this match, Nigel! These two are leaving it all in the ring!

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely, Mauro. This is what women's wrestling is all about!

Cross put Baker in the Crossface, but Baker was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Nikki to break the hold. Cross then dragged Baker towards the corner, and set her up for a Tornado DDT… but Baker blocked it, and countered with a superplex! Both women were down for several seconds before Baker got to her feet… and when Baker was up, she signaled for the Curb Stomp! The crowd cheered in anticipation, but their cheers quickly turned to boos as Christian Cage ran down to the ring and climbed up onto the ring apron, distracting the referee! While the referee’s back was turned, Cross knocked Baker down, quickly exposed the turnbuckle, then dragged Baker towards the corner and hit a reverse STO onto the exposed turnbuckle!

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my! Cross with a blatant cheap shot!

Nigel McGuinness: The referee didn't see it, Mauro! This could be the turning point!

As Baker stumbled across the ring looking dazed, Christian climbed down from the apron and the referee turned around to see Nikki Cross seized the opportunity, hoisting Britt Baker up and driving her down with The Purge. Cross hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Nikki Cross steals it! What a despicable display!

Nigel McGuinness: But effective, Mauro. Cross might have played dirty, but she walks away with the victory, and that’s all she will care about.

Cross rolled out of the ring and celebrated with Christian as the two of them made their way up the ramp. Meanwhile, the referee checked on Britt Baker as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As EBWF returned from commercial, static filled the arena and the familiar riff of “Cult of Personality” hit the PA. CM Punk came from behind the curtain and surveyed the crowd as they whipped into a frenzy.

Mauro Ranallo: The Second City Saint is here, Nigel, and he’s going to let us know what time it is!

Punk did his “It’s Clobberin Time!” taunt and headed down the ramp to the ring. He stood about mid-way down the ramp and basked in the adulation before rolling into the ring under the bottom rope and taking a microphone.

CM Punk: Damn is it good to be alive on a Monday night in Phoenix, Arizona.

Punk didn’t need the cheap pop, but the crowd gave it to him anyway.

CM Punk: You know, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I got to say, if anything my absence only made this locker room more complacent. And I got to tell you, Phoenix, as good as it feels to stand here and bask in your adoration? I didn’t come back for all of that.

Punk paced the ring.

CM Punk: No, I could have gone anywhere in the world! I could have had any promotion at my beck and call, but I’m right here, back. HOME.

That brought another pop.

CM Punk: And I’m home because if I am going to have to go with the best to prove that I’m still the best in the world. In my absence, there have been nothing but wannabes and pretenders who…

Punk was cut off by the heavy metal riffs of “To the Wolves” by Stitched Up Heart. The crowd roared as Damian Priest came out solo, in a pair of black leather pants and a Live Forever tank top. The EBWF World Championship was clasped around his waist. He looked out at the loud EBWF fans before his gaze settled on the man in the ring and he began his descent down the ramp.

Nigel McGuiness: Seems like Damian Priest might have something to say to CM Punk, especially after the timing of his return!

Damian stepped over the top rope and entered the ring in classic big man style, mounted the turnbuckle, unclasped the World Championship belt, and raised it to the crowd. After dismounting the turnbuckle, Damian took a microphone and approached Punk. It took a few moments for the crowd to finally die down and Damian brought the mic to his lips with a smirk.

Damian Priest: CM Punk. The Voice of the Voiceless.

The crowd cheered as Damian’s smirk turned into a full on amused grin from ear to ear as he looked around at the crowd.

Damian Priest: Man, they really do be comin’ out the woodwork now. Welcome back, man. This wannabe is legitimately glad to see you, but you obviously have some business for me, since you interrupted my business at Fallout. So, let’s cut to the chase and get to it.

Punk returned Priest’s grin, chewing on his lip ring for a moment while the crowd murmured tensely.

CM Punk: Your business? If your business is just doing the same things I’ve done a million times before, champ, business must be pretty good.

He shrugged.

CM Punk: And I’m glad you’re glad to see me, but no reason to welcome a man into his own house.

Damian looked away, his amused grin not fading as he nodded briefly.

Damian Priest: Your house. This ring, you mean? Your boots ain’t touched this ring in six years, and you’re talking about this is your house?

CM Punk: This ring. This show. This company. Yeah, all of it. Whatd’ya think, Phoenix?

He waited a beat, and tilted the microphone slightly, without so much as a glance toward the front row a “CM Punk” chant went up. Damian acknowledged the crowd with a nod as he looked around.

Damian Priest: Yeah man, they like you. They’re happy to see you again. But let’s make something crystal clear. As long as I have this?

Damian took the EBWF World Championship off his shoulder and put it inches from Punk’s face.

Damian Priest: This ain’t your house. You’re just renting it. I’m the man now, and I’ve been grinding from the first day I got here.

CM Punk: You’re the man now? Damian, there’s probably a joke about more people talking about Becky Lynch’s win than yours in there somewhere… but I get it.

Damian rolled his eyes and paced away from Punk.

CM Punk: No, no. I get it. I blew up your spot. I took your pop. I did all that. And it’s presumptuous to think that had anything to do with you, but I guess you’re a smart guy. Not likely I’m coming for Chris Jericho. Fine. When I left this company six years ago, I stood in this ring, with THAT…

He pointed emphatically at the world championship now perched on Priest’s shoulder.

CM Punk: …around my waist. And I vacated it just days after winning it because at Christmas Eve of Destruction in 2017 I tore my tricep off the bone. I’d been bumping around on a hollowed out knee. I’d been dodging a complete maniac trying to kill my girlfriend. Ya know, wrestling stuff.

The crowd tittered, chuckling at that.

CM Punk: And I thought, fuck it, sometimes the shit you love just doesn’t love you back. And you can stand here, coolest guy in the ring, but I know you feel that because nobody becomes World Champion for the first time at 41 years old, and doesn’t feel that.

Damian nodded in agreement, saying “You’re right” away from the microphone.

Damian Priest: I feel that, absolutely I feel that. My man, I came into this business 150 pounds heavier than what I am now, and if I didn’t take that off I wouldn’t be here now, standing in this ring with CM Punk, on the premier wrestling show on this planet. So you’re back now, all healed up and ready to jump right back into it. And what do you do? You decide to walk in and go for the biggest guy on the roster. Message received.

The crowd’s excitement began to build as Damian took a step closer to Punk.

Damian Priest: You know, it’s an awesome coincidence that Warfare is broadcasting live in Chicago in two weeks. And you, being a smart guy yourself, know that I’m three weeks away from tying the longest EBWF World title reign, held by Randy Orton. And you know what? I can’t think of a better way to celebrate shattering that record than walking into Chicago, putting you back in traction, and successfully defending my EBWF World Championship one more time before I go celebrate.

Punk nodded, chewing on the lip ring again. The crowd could scarcely believe the challenge that had just been laid out.

CM Punk: Ya know, the smoke around the bonfire was that I could maybe talk my way into a match with you at King of the Ring if I ran my mouth long enough, but I don’t think the person who told me that had any idea you’d be so trigger happy as to offer me a match in two weeks just because I looked at you sideways. Fair play. I don’t think Orton will mind me protecting his residual checks, and you obviously don’t mind seeing how much ring rust is on the Ol’ Punker. You. Me. World Title. Chicago. I accept.

“Cult of Personality” began to play as the crowd came unglued for the newly announced World Title match on Warfare in two weeks. Punk extended his hand and Damian shook it, the two men staring each other down as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

“Drama Over the Limit” hits and the whole arena erupted in cheers for the Genius of the Sky. Io strode onto the entrance ramp purposefully, her entrance mask glittering in the dancing lights. After striking a confident pose she marched down the ramp towards the ring.

Christy Hemme: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Tokyo, Japan, Io Shirai!

Mauro Ranallo: Io Shirai had an impressive win over Jade Cargill a couple weeks ago. With the tides shifting in the women's division, she's looking to soar to the top in EBWF.”

Nigel McGuinness: A win over Jamie Hayter tonight would be a huge step towards becoming #1 contender. But with all the bad blood between Io and Oedo Tai you h-

Nigel didn't get to finish his sentence as a deafening shocked gasp erupted from the crowd. The moment Io arrived at the bottom of the ramp, Tam Nakano and Himeka leapt over the ringside barrier and assaulted her! Shock turned to boos as Jamie Hayter rushed down from the back as well. Io fought back valiantly but the combined strength of Oedo Tai was too much.

Tam hurled Io into the steps, dislodging them with a sickening screech. Himeka was right on top of the Ace, deadlifting her from the ground. While Himeka held Io in place, Jamie rooted around under the ring for weapons. She pulled out two kendo sticks and grinned as an evil idea crossed her mind. Tam nodded to her and Jamie tossed one over to Oedo Tai’s leader.

To continuing boos, Tam and Jamie took turns battering Io with the sticks. After what must have been a dozen strikes Io slumped forward - only to be German suplexed into the ringside barrier! As Io lay there motionlessly, Tam called for a mic. Christy Hemme was reluctant to hand hers over but Himeka didn't give her a choice, violently ripping it away. She then gingerly handed it to Tam, who stood with her foot planted on Io’s chest like a trophy hunter.

Tam Nakano: There, now this has been is where she belongs: bowing down to the Final Boss of EBWF!

The boos only got louder as Tam grinded her foot into Io’s chest.

Tam Nakano: Boo all you want. She's the real bad guy here. She's the reason I was forced to leave Oedo Tai in the first place. Everything that's happened on the Tam Road since then is a result of that one selfish moment. Really, it's her own fault this is happening to her.

Tam stomped Io in the head before climbing into the ring. Himeka and Jamie lifted Io up like a sack of potatoes and rolled her into the ring as well. While Jamie entered the ring, Himeka pulled a table out from underneath it. A sickening grin crossed the lips of every member of Oedo Tai as they all had the same thought. Himeka tossed the table into the ring as if it's nothing, showing off that freakish strength of hers. Once inside she and Jamie set up the table while Tam looked right down the camera.

Tam Nakano: Now as much as Io loves to make everything about herself, this isn't about her. This is about sending a message. A message to her friend, who just so happens to be holding MY beautiful championship hostage. Becky, I hope you're watching this. I want you to see what's going to happen to you. Tonight we're ending Io Shirai. Soon I'm going to end you.

With that she barked orders to Himeka and Jamie, both of whom smirked evilly. In a matter of moments they lifted Io up, and POWERBOMBED IO THROUGH THE TABLE. The boos became deafening as Tam grabbed a handful of Io’s hair and made it clear she was not finished. Himeka repositioned part of the table and Tam looked to be setting up a Violet Screwdriver! No! She stopped dead in her tracks as “Celtic Invasion” hit to a deafening pop!

Mauro Ranallo: The Man has seen enough!

Nigel McGuinness: This might be exactly what Tam was hoping for, though!

Becky rushed down to the ring with a chair in hand, hell bent on throwing down with Oedo Tai. The moment she got in the ring, Tam dropped Io to the mat and motioned for Becky to bring it on. Himeka and Jamie both squared up as well, making it clear there would be no fair fight. Becky meanwhile stepped between the villainous trio and Io to protect her friend. Just then “Riot of Flowers” hit and all eyes were on the entrance ramp as Utami came out!

For the first time in years Utami wore a Queen's Quest baseball jersey over her ring gear, and she looked clear of mind and purpose. Rather than pose or preen she rushed the ring as well to the bewilderment of pretty much everyone involved. There was a small pop as Utami squared up at Becky's side, which caused the champ to shoot her a side-eyed glance. Io meanwhile screamed angrily and used the ropes to pull herself up with the ropes. Despite flinching in pain she was clearly ready for a fight.

Seeing the evened numbers, Tam shook her head and motioned for her allies to leave the ring. In unison they all dropped down and rolled out to even more boos. Becky's eyes followed Tam the whole way up the entrance ramp. Before exiting Tam made the ‘title’ motion at her waist, a savage grin on her lips.

Becky stood tall in the ring, furious at the assault unleashed on her friend. Utami meanwhile supported Io’s weight with her arm, an uncharacteristic amount of concern filling her expression. ‘Celtic Invasion' hits again as the show faded out to a hype package for the upcoming Queen and King of the Ring tournaments.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, Becky Lynch was still standing in the ring, but instead of the normal canvas, there was a ceremonial red carpet. Also in the ring was a stand with the EBWF Women’s Championship belt.

Christy Hemme: Everyone, it is time for the Women’s Championship celebration! Please welcome the NEW EBWF Women’s Champion… BECKY LYNCH!!!

As Christy handed the microphone to Becky and left the ring, the crowd began chanting.

Crowd: “YOU DESERVE IT!” *clap*-*clap* *clap*-*clap*-*clap* “YOU DESERVE IT!”

Becky couldn’t help but get a little emotional. Her eyes softened and she grinned from ear to ear as she raised her microphone.

Becky Lynch: “Yer all unbelievable. Were it not fer yer support, I wouldn’t be the Women’s Champion right now. So, it’s ours. We deserve it.”

The crowd cheered as Becky continued.

Becky Lynch: “I know it wasn’t just the support of all of ya. There’s also three other people that deserve to share this moment, and all of ya know who they are. First up is the love of me life, me own little devil, Winter!”

The lights turned off and turned back on again. When the lights turned back on, Winter was hugging Becky. Once Winter released her from the hug, Becky raised her microphone again.

Becky Lynch: The other two people that supported me through all this? All of ya know ‘em very well. They’re my sisters in arms and my best friends, Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan!

“Immortal” by Adema hit and the crowd's cheering continued as Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan came out with smiles on their faces.

Mauro Ranallo: As Becky said, these two have been by her side the last couple of years and I don't think they'd have it any other way.

Nigel McGuinness: Oftentimes it's been those three against the world, those three sticking up for each other, and this has to be one of if not the greatest moment in their careers.

Alexa and Liv entered the ring, and the Rebellious Angels had a group hug as the crowd cheered louder. Once the Rebellious Angels released each other from the hug, Winter then grabbed the Women’s Championship belt and presented it to Becky.

Winter: I know how hard you worked this, my dear. All of the trials and tribulations that you went through, and I’m proud to say that you are the EBWF Women’s Champion. You’ve chased it for so long, and now, it’s finally yours. Now, if you’ll allow me…

With that, Winter fastened the EBWF Women’s Championship around the waist of Becky Lynch before she raised Becky’s arm much to the overwhelming delight of the crowd. Becky raised her microphone again.

Becky Lynch: This is the greatest moment of my life here in EBWF. I’m the EBWF Women’s Champion and I’m with the people that help make it happen: Winter, Alexa, Liv, and most importantly, the fans

The crowd cheered again.

Becky Lynch: The last four years were very rocky fer me in this company, but it was everyone present – Winter, Alexa, Liv, and the fans – that kept me goin’ and now everyone has been gratified.

Becky pointed at the faceplate of the Women’s Championship.

Becky Lynch: So, what I’m tryin’ to say is ‘Thank ya. Thank all of ya from the bottom of me heart.’

Alexa received a microphone from a crew member and began to speak.

Alexa Bliss: Becky, four years ago when I came back to this company, my first match back was against you and over time we faced each other a few more times. I didn't want to admit or believe it back then but I had lost a step when I first came back and not only did you help me see that, but you also helped me get back to where I was and go above that.

Alexa paused to wipe a tear from her eye.

Alexa Bliss: These last couple of years, traveling up and down the roads with you and Liv have been the best in my career and my life, from putting on classics to being in blockbuster hits to beating up a creepy little bastard to winning Warfare Games to now. Becky, if anyone deserves to be Champion right now it's you. Congratulations.

Becky smiled softly as she hugged Alexa again. After they released each other from the hug, Becky raised her microphone.

Becky Lynch: Ya know—

Before Becky could continue, she was interrupted by a very familiar face.

Nikki Cross: Oh Beckyyyyyy.

The crowd booed as Nikki Cross arrived on stage with microphone in hand.

Nikki Cross: “How sweet, Becky. Yer out here, givin’ out warm hugs to your friends, and havin’ a good time. I just hope they don't get too heartbroken when ya eventually abandon them like ya abandoned Nikkeh.”

The four women in the ring were unamused by Nikki's presence.

Nikki Cross: Becky, I've made it my mission to take everything ya love away from ya and that includes the EBWF Women's Championship.

Alexa Bliss: Before you go on with your plans of challenging for the gold, there's some unfinished business between us especially after Fallout.

Liv leaned forward to speak into Alexa's microphone.

Liv Morgan: And Nikki? Me and you also have some business to take care of after you tried to take me out a couple months ago.”

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like Nikki is gonna have to deal with Liv N Bliss before she can continue her aspirations.

Becky Lynch: Ya know, I was goin’ to give Alexa and Liv a shot, but ya gave me a good idea, Nikki. How about next week, ya face my two best friends here in a triple threat, and if ya win, I’ll give ya a shot.

Mauro Ranallo: Wow. That is huge.

Nigel McGuinness: Can she do that, though? I mean, this would be like the inmates running the asylum and I’m sure that Nikki knows all about asylums.

Alexa and Liv nodded in approval of the idea and on stage Nikki sported a sick grin.

Nikki Cross: Deal.

“Hunt You Down” by Saliva hit as Nikki stared at adversaries.

Mauro Ranallo: “Looks like we got a huge match for next week, Nigel.”

Nigel McGuinness: Of course it's huge Mauro. A shot at the Women's Championship is on the line, and now the question remains. Which one of these ladies will get that shot?

As Nikki made her way to the back, Winter, Alexa and Liv continued celebrating with Becky as Warfare went off the air.