Arisa Hoshiki: Here we go again

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Arisa Hoshiki: Here we go again

Post by Utami »

Our scene opens with one Arisa Hoshiki leaning up against the cement wall of the Fargodome in Fargo, North Dakota. Were it not for the highly publicized EBWF Warfare show taking place tonight, you might assume that she's just a college student hanging out at the arena. Certainly her oversized hoodie and worn blue jeans don nothing to suggest a professional wrestler who's about to fight in the sport's top tournament. In her hands is an official EBWF program with Damian Priest, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Chris Jericho, Tam Nakano and several other big names on the cover. She thumbs through the program idly, as if in the middle of some light reading.

Arisa Hoshiki: "Well, well, well, we're here again."

She seems to have noticed the camera but her tone belies little apparent interest in the subject matter.

Arisa Hoshiki: "Another Monday, another Warfare. Another year, another Queen of the Ring tournament."

She flips to the next page and shrugs noncommitally.

Arisa Hoshiki: "Look I don't know what you're expecting me to say about it. Last year was different. Like.. on a different planet different. Everything I did last year was motivated by the simple fact that no matter how high I got I'd get knocked down to another low. Make a miraculous return from injury and challenge for the title only to fall short because my body couldn't keep up. Worked double hard and won Last Survivor from the #2 spot, then fell short again in the spring. Dug deep and went the distance against the entire locker room yet again on my way to the crown, had a legend take my spot at Gateway to Glory, then FINALLY I put my demons and became a world champion. And then I couldn't get the job done against Sakisama and just ended up.. hanging out with her."

Arisa flips to the next page, her mouth screwing up into a slight frown.

Arisa Hoshiki: "When the tournament rolled around again this year I wasn't really sure if I was up to it, to be honest. I mean, I did literally everything last year didn't I? Last Survivor. Queen of the Ring. EBWF Women's Champion. If my goal was to prove that I did indeed belong in this ring and that I could still go against the very best in the world, then mission accomplished! And just when I thought that I was in better condition and my body could keep up with the insane demands wrestling puts on it?"

She lowers the program slightly and sighs.

Arisa Hoshiki: "Let's just say Jade Cargill introduced me to some fun new pains I didn't even know it was possible for the human body to have. She should have put me away and made me question whether it's worth it to keep up being an active competitor. Arisa Hoshiki in 2024 with all this mileage on her body beating the queen of the baddies was a million to one shot. Or maybe it wasn't. But the fact is I did it anyway. I may not be sure what the future holds but I do know there's something deep inside of me that refuses to quit, refuses to just go off quietly into the night. Believe me, it's something I've tried to turn off a lot of times since last December. But it just keeps going no matter what I do."

She shrugs again, and then turns the program around to reveal a full page spread feature about Ava Johnson.

Arisa Hoshiki: "So Ava, that's who you're going up against in the quarterfinals. But let's talk about you instead. You're wrestling royalty, the daughter of THE most electrifying man in sports enter- well, professional wrestling. And just plain entertainment if you ask him. Look beyond that and you've got all this heritage, all these other branches of your family who've accomplished so much on their own in this ring over the years. Now it's your turn to make a name for yourself and add to that storied history. Some people will look at you and write you off by saying you just got this shot because of who your dad is."

Arisa shakes her head dismissively at that thought.

Arisa Hoshiki: "But writing someone off is unprofessional and dangerous. You've proven that you're a legitimate threat in this ring by holding your own in the Last Survivor this year. You opened a lot of eyes by taking out Dr. Britt Baker, DMD in one of THE biggest upsets in EBWF history. I know I can't look past you. You can't look past me either, Ava. I've done everything you're hoping to accomplish and I'm still here despite all the pain and suffering this sport brings. Maybe I'll rise to the top again, maybe I won't. Maybe you can beat me. Maybe you can't. But I'm going to make you earn it if you do."

She tosses the program aside and smirks at the camera.

Arisa Hoshiki: "Get ready for the fight of your life. And don't let that head of yours get too big after you pulled off one miracle. Trust me, miracles don't last. But the moment I kick your head into the rafters will."