We Meet Again (Jericho RP)

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

We Meet Again (Jericho RP)

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon, where EBWF Total Supremacy was taking place. Chris Jericho was standing in front of an EBWF backdrop; he was dressed in his ring gear and his signature leather jacket, and he had a confident smirk on his face. The sound of the crowd’s buzz could be faintly heard in the background, adding to the atmosphere of anticipation and excitement.

Chris Jericho: You know, I've been in this business for a long time. I've seen it all, done it all, and fought them all. But tonight is special. Tonight, I have the chance to become only the third man in EBWF history to win King of the Ring and Last Survivor in the same year. Standing in my way in the semi-finals is a man I have a lot of history with… The Miz. We've gone to war countless times, and more often than not, the EBWF World Championship has been on the line. We've both tasted victory and defeat in those battles.

Jericho paused, his eyes narrowing as he recalled the past. His expression turned more serious, reflecting the significance of the moments he was about to describe.

Chris Jericho: In December 2021, at the pay-per-view I invented – Christmas Eve of Destruction – I took the EBWF World Title from Miz for a record 12th time, breaking my own record in the process. It was one of the greatest moments of my career. But then, a month later, at Last Survivor, Miz took it back. He started his sixth reign, and I had to regroup, refocus, and rebuild. Two years have passed since then, and until this year, I wasn’t really in the World Title picture for most of that time… but Miz was. At the start of 2023, Miz won the EBWF World Title for the seventh time, defeating Xavier Woods. He held it for almost eight months, dominating the competition. But then, Damian Priest took it from him, and it seems like since then, Miz had lost his way. He has focused more and more on goofing around with his “buddies” Matt Riddle and Michael Cole, forgetting what made him a champion. I’ve got to be honest; when Miz, Riddle and Michael Cole stopped showing up, I didn’t miss that version of The Miz, and I’m sure you didn’t either. But lately, it seems like the old Miz is back. The fact that Miz defeated Damian Priest in the King of the Ring quarter-finals, becoming only the second person to defeat Priest in his EBWF career, proved that.

Jericho's smirk returned, but this time there was a look of determination and intensity on his face. He adjusted his jacket, taking a moment to compose himself before continuing.

Chris Jericho: And that's the Miz I want in the semi-finals. I want the best version of The Miz. Because when I beat him, I want there to be no doubt that I'm still the best in the world. I respect The Miz, but I know he'll do whatever it takes to win. And Miz, you know I'll do the same. We’ve been here before, and we both know what’s at stake. I mean, let’s be honest; the winner of our match is the favorite to win the King of the Ring tournament. Everyone knows it. On the other side of the bracket, it's Johnny Gargano versus Hook. Two talented guys, no doubt. But they haven’t faced the pressure that Miz and I have faced. They haven’t fought the battles we’ve fought.

Jericho’s expression softened slightly as he talked about Hook. His eyes seemed to reflect a mix of respect and nostalgia.

Chris Jericho: Hook... I've got history with him too. Two years ago, at Total Supremacy, he beat me in his first pay-per-view match. He choked me out with his finisher, Redrum. I had a newfound respect for Hook that night, and there is no denying he's gotten even better since then. But let’s not forget, he didn’t pin me. He didn’t make me submit. He beat me by referee stoppage. Now Hook, from the bottom of my heart… I truly hope that you make it to the final, so we can have that long-awaited rematch. But with the stakes this high, will you let the pressure get to you? Look who you’re up against, junior… I’ve been wrestling in high-stakes matches longer than he’s been alive. On the big stage, experience matters. And that’s where I have the edge.

Jericho’s tone shifted as he mentioned Johnny Gargano. His voice carried a hint of skepticism, tinged with a challenge.

Chris Jericho: As for my other potential opponent if I make it to the final… Johnny Gargano. Sure, he’s talented, but what have we really seen from him in EBWF? He got the biggest win of his EBWF career last night when he finally got a victory over Christian Cage, but he needed help from Alexa Bliss to do it! His wrestling style is a great mix of technical wrestling and high-flying moves – kind of like my style when I was younger! So, if Gargano makes it to the final, I’m sure we’ll have a thrilling match, but let’s be honest… I expect Hook to beat him.

Jericho straightened up, before sharing his “final thoughts.” His voice took on a tone of unwavering confidence and resolve.

Chris Jericho: Tonight, I’m going to show the world why I am the best in the world at what I do. So Miz… you all need bring your A-game. Because I’m bringing mine. And when it’s all said and done, I’ll be standing tall, ready to take on whoever makes it to the final. Two matches in one night? I’ve done it before – more than once, actually – and I’ll do it again. This is my night. This is my tournament. And I will be crowned King of the Ring.

Jericho nodded to the camera, his expression resolute, before turning and walking off, bringing the scene to a close.