Back to Winning Ways

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Back to Winning Ways

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, where tonight’s episode of EBWF Warfare was set to take place. As crew members hustled about, ensuring everything was in place for the evening's show, Chris Jericho and Hook were standing side by side. Jericho could sense the confidence radiating from Hook, a confidence he shared. However, he could also sense a feeling of frustration in Hook; it was a feeling Jericho had felt many times in his career. Jericho clapped a hand on Hook’s shoulder, then began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Hook, listen man. I know this won’t make you feel any better, but I’m going to say it anyway… You did an incredible job in the King of the Ring tournament. Making it to the final is no small feat, even if the result of that match didn’t go the way you hoped. And Miz is one of the best in the business… what he lacks in technical wrestling skill, he makes up for with his ring awareness. He’s a crafty SOB. I should know, he’s beaten me many times.

Hook nodded, a slight smile creeping onto his usually stern face.

Hook: Thanks, Chris. But I still can't shake the disappointment of not winning the whole thing.

Jericho chuckled softly.

Chris Jericho: Listen, I get it. I wish I had beaten Miz in the semi-finals so I could have had another match with you. Remember our match at Total Supremacy two years ago? You got the better of me that night, but it was one hell of a fight. I’ve been waiting for a rematch ever since… and when I get it, I assure you I will beat you.

Hook’s eyes lit up with the memory of their only match against each other.

Hook: We’ll see about that! But yeah, that match was something. I'd like to think I learned a lot from that match.

Jericho smirked, then his expression became more serious.

Chris Jericho: Of course you did! Everyone learns a thing or do when they get into the ring with me! Joking aside, you did great, that night, and you’ve learned a lot since then. You’ve come a long way, kid. As disappointed as you might be about not winning the King of the Ring, you should be proud of how far you got. There will be other opportunities, trust me. You've got a bright career ahead of you.

Hook glanced at Jericho, appreciating the veteran's words.

Hook: Thanks, Chris. That means a lot coming from you.

Chris Jericho: You know, Hook… I've been around this business for a long time. If you ever need a mentor, someone to help guide you, I'd be honored to be that guy.

Hook considered the offer for a moment, then nodded slowly.

Hook: I appreciate that, Chris, and I promise I'll think about it. But tonight, let's focus on beating MJF and Richard Holliday. We both need to get back to winning ways.

Jericho grinned, slapping Hook on the back.

Chris Jericho: Absolutely. Let’s show them what we’re made of out there.

The two wrestlers shared a moment of mutual respect and determination, then made their way toward the gorilla position, getting ready for the start of the show.