Warfare Results 08/19/2024

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 08/19/2024

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

Warfare started with a cold open and, we were backstage to a close-up of a dressing room that read "Bro Awesome" on the door. The camera cut inside the room where Miz was seen in ring gear pacing. Mickie James sat on her phone, while Michael Cole and Riddle were playing "Slap me high, slap me medium, slap me low, you're too slow" and laughing like children. Finally, the antics that the two of them were pulling caught Miz' attention. He snapped quickly.

The Miz: ENOUGH! Michael- go get us coffee. Matt listen up.

Michael Cole: Folgers bro.

Michael exited as he was told. Riddle quickly straightened up like a good solider.

The Miz: Look Matt, it's no secret that lately I've been starting to grow a little tired of the constant goofing off and carrying on. It was funny at first, and it still is at times, but there's a time and a place, understand?

Riddle thought for a second.

Riddle: Some times are in place, got it.

The Miz squinted at him angrily.

The Miz: That's what you hear... Matt.. look at me.. focus and hear these words. Tonight we are facing Damien Priest and CM Punk. They are the last two people to hold my World Title, and Punk is currently holding it. Do you understand what that means.

Riddle: Maybeee?

The Miz: Of course not, like always I'm going to fill in the blanks for you.

Michael Cole was heard from behind the door.

Michael Cole: (Muffled) Mad Libs BRO!

Riddle tried not to crack a smile, but couldn't help himself. The Miz was undeterred.

The Miz: It means that we need to freaking win to make a statement. That statement being that no matter who just held, or currently holds that title, it has always and will always be meant for ME to be the one that possesses it. We need to make a statement that CM Punk is literally keeping it warm for me until I take it right off his waist. The point of this all being, that I need you for once to take something serious. I need the Riddle that I started this group with. The one that went move for move with me, the one that earned my respect. Even if go off every other second of the day and night today, I want.. no I NEED that Riddle for this match.

Riddle seemed to get serious and nodded.

Riddle: I got you bro, you can count on me.

The Miz: Good.. we're done here then.

The Miz walked out of the dressing room with Mickie close behind. After a beat of Riddle looking serious, Michael Cole emerged into the room with Coffee's in hand.

Michael Cole: Frappuccino's bro!

Riddle: YES!

The two fist bumped and the scene cut back to the ring for the first match!

MAIN EVENT

The tension in the arena was palpable as the unlikely team of CM Punk and Damian Priest faced off against the Bro Awesome, Matt Riddle and The Miz. The crowd buzzed with excitement, knowing the combustible personalities in the ring could explode at any moment.

Mauro Ranallo: This is one volatile combination, Nigel! CM Punk, the voice of the voiceless, alongside Damian Priest, a man who thrives in chaos. Across from them, you've got the unpredictable Matt Riddle and The Miz, a veteran who's always got something up his sleeve.

Nigel McGuinness: The chemistry here will be key, Mauro. Miz and Riddle are polar opposites, but if anyone can get under CM Punk’s skin, it's The Miz. And Damian Priest? He’s a wildcard, just as dangerous with his fists as he is with his mind.

The match started off with Riddle and Punk squaring off. Riddle, barefoot and bouncing on his feet, tried to stay light on his toes, looking for an opening. Punk, more methodical, used his experience to control the pace. They exchanged quick holds and counters, with Riddle gaining the upper hand with his grappling skills, transitioning into a waistlock takedown. Punk rolled through and responded with a sharp elbow to the side of Riddle's head, breaking the hold.

After some fast-paced back-and-forth action, Punk tagged in Damian Priest, who immediately took control with his size and strength. He hit Riddle with a thunderous roundhouse kick, followed by a leaping back elbow in the corner, sending Riddle sprawling.

Mauro Ranallo: Damian Priest using his size advantage here, and Riddle looks rocked!

Riddle managed to roll out of the way of a charging Priest, making a desperate tag to The Miz. The Miz confidently strutted into the ring, his usual cocky demeanor intact. He and Priest locked up, but Priest quickly overpowered him, shoving Miz into the corner. Miz, always resourceful, raked Priest’s eyes when the referee wasn't looking, giving him an opening to take control.

Miz hit a series of quick strikes and a low DDT, covering Priest for a two-count. Frustrated, Miz shouted at the referee before turning his attention to CM Punk on the apron. The Miz, ever the instigator, began mocking Punk, daring him to get into the ring. Punk, never one to back down from a challenge, stormed through the ropes, but the referee held him back, giving Miz a chance to double-team Priest with Riddle.

Nigel McGuinness: Classic Miz, Mauro! Getting under Punk’s skin and manipulating the referee. He’s a master of the mental game.

With Priest down, Miz and Riddle worked together briefly, stomping him in the corner before Miz made an arrogant tag back to Riddle. Riddle, now in the driver's seat, laid in some stiff kicks to Priest’s chest and ribs, punctuating the strikes with a running senton. Riddle went for the cover, but Priest kicked out at two.

The turning point came when Priest caught Riddle with a spinning heel kick out of nowhere, leaving both men laid out in the center of the ring. Priest crawled to his corner, and the crowd erupted as he tagged in CM Punk just as Riddle tagged in The Miz.

Mauro Ranallo: Here we go! Punk and Miz, the two rivals are finally about to explode!

Punk and Miz rushed at each other, and fists started flying. The brawl quickly spiraled out of control as Punk unleashed a flurry of stiff punches, sending Miz retreating into the ropes. Miz, seeing the writing on the wall, tried to escape, but Punk was relentless, chasing him out of the ring. The two men brawled at ringside, trading punches as they moved toward the barricade.

Nigel McGuinness: This is turning into a street fight! Punk and Miz are going right into the crowd!

The cameras followed as Miz and Punk fought through the audience, brawling up the stairs of the arena. Punches, kicks, and trash cans flew as they disappeared into the sea of fans. The referee was powerless to control them as the match devolved into chaos outside the ring.

Back in the ring, Damian Priest had recovered, and he saw his opportunity with Riddle now alone. Riddle, unaware of Punk and Miz's disappearance into the crowd, turned around just in time to eat a devastating South of Heaven chokeslam from Priest. Priest quickly covered him.

One… Two… Three!

The bell rang, and Damian Priest stood victorious, his hand raised in triumph.

Mauro Ranallo: Damian Priest just put Matt Riddle down for the count, but CM Punk and The Miz are still tearing each other apart somewhere in this arena!

Nigel McGuinness: This match has ended, but the fight between Punk and Miz is far from over!

The cameras cut to Punk and Miz, who were now battling near the concession stands, security trying desperately to pull them apart. Meanwhile, in the ring, Damian Priest stood tall, a cold smirk on his face, having taken full advantage of the chaos to secure the victory.

Mauro Ranallo: Punk and Miz may have left the building, but Damian Priest just sent a message to the entire locker room tonight!

Nigel McGuinness: In the end, it was Damian Priest who capitalized, and what a statement he's made! Punk may have a bone to pick with Miz, but Priest gets the W. You have to think his rematch can’t be far away!

The camera faded on Priest as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote